Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

matthew8 wrote: »
    Still the win might be a good bet. If Racing are serious this year they'll win at home against a team not at full strength. Can see them bringing in Habana, Smith, Lobbe, Masoe, Burden, Chilachava, Mikautadze and O'Connor. Probably good enough to have a good game but shouldn't win away to title contenders.

To follow up on this, here is the Toulon squad:

Les avants (14) : BARCELLA, BURDEN, BRUNI, CHIOCCI, ORIOLI, HAYMAN, CHILACHAVA, SUTA, TAOFFIFENUA, MIKAUTADZE, MASOE, VOSLOO, S.ARMITAGE, J.SMITH.
    Les arrières (10) : TILLOUS-BORDE, TUISOVA, BASTAREAUD, ESCANDE, WULF, MICHALAK, D.SMITH, MERMOZ, O’CONNOR, MITCHELL.

Likely side, if Laporte does start 10 players who haven't started yet:

Barcella, Burden, Chilachava, Mikautadze, Taofifenua, J Smith, Armitage, Masoe;
    Escande, Michalak, Wulf, Mermoz, O'Connor, D Smith, Mitchell

A full Racing side should beat a team like that by 10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

New 50 units. 1 unit on Bordeaux +8 1.95. Bets also to come on Racing Metro, Griquas and La Rochelle (who can be got at 2.1/1 this week, which is really high for a French home team and essentially writes them off as a team despite not having had a home match).

Edit: 1 unit La Rochelle to win 3.0. 1 unit Racing Metro to win 1.62. 1 unit on Western Province to win Currie Cup 3.5.

New 50 units. 1 unit on Bordeaux +8 1.95. Bets also to come on Racing Metro, Griquas and La Rochelle (who can be got at 2.1/1 this week, which is really high for a French home team and essentially writes them off as a team despite not having had a home match).

Edit: 1 unit La Rochelle to win 3.0. 1 unit Racing Metro to win 1.62. 1 unit on Western Province to win Currie Cup 3.5.

51.62 units. Decent start.

How did Racing look with Jonny off? Didn't get to see it and wondering if Clermont might beat the -10 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,251 ✭✭✭✭Buer

How did Racing look with Jonny off? Didn't get to see it and wondering if Clermont might beat the -10 this week.

Not good. They lost all attacking shape. Goosen hasn't bedded in yet and gave them little go forward.

With that said, they still put in a strong defensive showing after he went off, attacking carriers behind the gain line and winning penalties.

• Advertisement

Northampton -9.5 1.95 1 unit.

Munster -10 1.91, 1 unit. Bit of a guess here as Munster's team isn't too strong, but Edinburgh's should be very poor. More drawn to it by PP opening at -10 and every other bookie at -12 than anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd be going with Edin at +11.

Leicester -17 1.91 1 unit. Argentina +27 1 unit 2.0. Rain is forecast and as much as I don't fancy Argentina that's just a great price. Glasgow to win 2.5 1 unit. Harlequins -6 1.91.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sticking the weekly fiver on a double of Northampton -9 and Munster -11

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Double
    Argentina +26
    Sa to win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Gone for Gloucester +10 and Edinburgh +12

1 unit Western Province -25.5 1.95.

Right, here goes with another 50 units. I will probably change to perhaps 3 x 20 units with 3 seperate bookies but I'm sticking with PP for the time being.

Balance: 50 units

- 2.5 units (evens) Munster over 2.5 tries
    - .5 units (4/1) Johne Murphy try in 80 mins

- 1 unit (13/10) Glasgow to win
    - .5 units (11/10) Ulster to win
    - .5 units (15/8) Connacht -8

New Balance: 45 units

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Top Team Tryscorer
    Connacht - Poolman - 6/1
    Munster - Conway - also 6/1

Right, here goes with another 50 units. I will probably change to perhaps 3 x 20 units with 3 seperate bookies but I'm sticking with PP for the time being.

- 2.5 units (evens) Munster over 2.5 tries
    - .5 units (4/1) Johne Murphy try in 80 mins

- 1 unit (13/10) Glasgow to win
    - .5 units (11/10) Ulster to win
    - .5 units (15/8) Connacht -8

Glasgow are underdogs at home to Leinster in round one? Madness Ted!

I back Munster? Madness Ted... :mad:

I back Munster? Madness Ted... :mad:

Snap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Rocko wrote: »
    Top Team Tryscorer
    Connacht - Poolman - 6/1
    Munster - Conway - also 6/1

Also CJ Stander is 8/1

After his 2 tries last night there good odds
    I reckon it's between Zebo & Stander. (Zebo has been top try scorer the last few years, with 7, 6 & 12 in both competitions)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Double
    Argentina +26
    Sa to win

Balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

Sneaky suspicion Wasps will upset Saracens who are fielding what looks like a relatively weak team. Wasps plus 10 looks good in any case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Took SA on the spread - won by a point :D

51.62 units. Decent start.

54.93 with 10 staked so far. Was going to claim a hard luck story about Harlequins but can't complain after a last minute winner for Glasgow. Great start to the new season after a poor summer.

Edit: Northampton to win Champions Cup pool 5 units 2.0. They're one of the best teams in Europe and have Racing, Ospreys and Treviso. Should win 5 of 6.

- 2.5 units (evens) Munster over 2.5 tries :(
    - .5 units (4/1) Johne Murphy try in 80 mins :(

- 1 unit (13/10) Glasgow to win :D
    - .5 units (11/10) Ulster to win :(
    - .5 units (15/8) Connacht -8 :(

New Balance: 47.3 units

1 unit Australia -11 1.91. 6 units London Welsh bottom of premiership 4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Met Dannie Poolman in town there few days ago - saying he rearing to go for new season and he looks like an absolute TANK. He is 6/1 to be Connacht's top try scorer which is cracking value imo

1 game
    1 try

early days but can smell it
    vDZLbso.gif

1 unit NZ -8.5 1.92.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Edinburgh v Connacht
    Kieran Marmion Try Anytime @ 6/1

Harlequins to win (moneyline) 1 unit 2.07.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ok, my 50 lots ended at 120 or so for last year so I'm back at 50 and giving it a shot again. Will try to keep a better record of it this time.

I'm slightly cheating as I started at 30 or so but got some lots by betting on Glasgow for the win against Leinster - way closer than I expected!

Advertisement