Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Greyian

Back quick. Connacht -3 half time. We have the gale first half!

Saw your post, was gonna put €20 on Connacht -3, then by the time I went to place, Connacht to win 1st half was out to 12/5. Had to back that.

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I'm guessing you saw it at 0-7 then? That was a great bet. My one just scraped home with the last kick of the half! Relieved is an understatement as I lashed a decent wedge on it.

It was lucky to come in there now but those bets when there's a huge wind are worth keeping an eye on. Connacht were -8 for the match and -3 half time. The wind wasn't factored into the half time hcap at all

I'm guessing you saw it at 0-7 then? That was a great bet. My one just scraped home with the last kick of the half! Relieved is an understatement as I lashed a decent wedge on it.

It was lucky to come in there now but those bets when there's a huge wind are worth keeping an eye on. Connacht were -8 for the match and -3 half time. The wind wasn't factored into the half time hcap at all

It was 3-7 when I placed the bet. It was just after the Edinburgh lineout near the Connacht 22 (the kick that touched Marmion's hand in flight before the lineout, I think).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Slightly after timing here but took connacht to score more than 16.5 points after about 10 minutes @10/11

Should be safe

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Slightly after timing here but took connacht to score more than 16.5 points after about 10 minutes @10/11

Should be safe

Sh!te

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what "To Win Both Halves" on Bet365 means. The options are Either Team (2/5) or Neither Team (7/4).

I'm looking at the Clermont - Brive match, and I'm trying to figure out what that market means. I would have thought "Either Team" meant Brive-Brive or Clermont-Clermont, but those odds seem far too generous if you're expecting Clermont-Clermont (where the double result for that market is 1/10).

Errr, I've just realised that Clermont-Clermont would just need Clermont to win the 1st half, then just not lose the 2nd half by more than their 1st half victory. 2/5 still seems quite generous to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Greyian wrote: »
    Does anyone know what "To Win Both Halves" on Bet365 means. The options are Either Team (2/5) or Neither Team (7/4).

I'm looking at the Clermont - Brive match, and I'm trying to figure out what that market means. I would have thought "Either Team" meant Brive-Brive or Clermont-Clermont, but those odds seem far too generous if you're expecting Clermont-Clermont (where the double result for that market is 1/10).

Errr, I've just realised that Clermont-Clermont would just need Clermont to win the 1st half, then just not lose the 2nd half by more than their 1st half victory. 2/5 still seems quite generous to me though.

Clermont-Clermont would just be Clermont to be leading at half time and then go onto win the game. Clermont to win both halves is then just Clermont to win the first half and then effectively the second half is a new game and they have to win that too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Newcastle -19 1 unit 1.91.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Newcastle -19 1 unit 1.91.

Where did you get them -19 ??

Good spread!

William Hill had them there for a while.

• Advertisement

Ulster 24-0 after 20, dominant and fail to cover the 8 point spread. Unbelievable.

Bloody Glasgow and Saracens again. Saracens 22-6 up after 60 with 2 tries and show no ambition. +13.52 with 107 staked.

112 staked, +12.38. Still can't believe what Ulster did to me.

William Hill had them there for a while.

i took them -23

still had loads to spare (hate to be a LW fan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Rugby odds up for weekend, Munster 2/1 to win, Bath away to Toulouse 2/1, Wasps 9/5 to beat harlequins, Ulster handicap of 15, a few interesting bets this week

Munster look like such a bet this week. I really think they might win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,251 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Munster look like such a bet this week. I really think they might win.

I think they're in a great place to win. The synthetic pitch is really going to suit their back 3. Zebo, Jones and Earls will be ready to carve things up if they're given any space and Munster should have at least the equal of them up front. A lot of Saracens forwards are playing well below par.

It's imperative that Munster start JJH though. If they go with Hurley, the back 3 are going to be limited to dealing off possession through turnovers or loose kicks.

+6 looks like a great bet. Saracens really are not the side they were, this season. They're very open to being picked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

2/1 for the win is very enticing.

Buer wrote: »
    I think they're in a great place to win. The synthetic pitch is really going to suit their back 3. Zebo, Jones and Earls will be ready to carve things up if they're given any space and Munster should have at least the equal of them up front. A lot of Saracens forwards are playing well below par.

It's imperative that Munster start JJH though. If they go with Hurley, the back 3 are going to be limited to dealing off possession through turnovers or loose kicks.

+6 looks like a great bet. Saracens really are not the side they were, this season. They're very open to being picked off.

Yeah I like this too. Munster besides the Connacht game, have been fairly decent the last while and Sarries have been very hit and miss.

You can be sure that Sarries will raise their game when they see the Munster red coming to town, but I'd be confident that Munster will be able to match them in the physical stakes this week and really give them a rattle

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah I like this too. Munster besides the Connacht game, have been fairly decent the last while and Sarries have been very hit and miss.

You can be sure that Sarries will raise their game when they see the Munster red coming to town, but I'd be confident that Munster will be able to match them in the physical stakes this week and really give them a rattle

I would be waiting to see if Murray is fit however. If he's missing then that's a massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Anyone have any thoughts on the Leicester Scarlets match this weekend. Bet365 and PP are offering 9/2 on Scarlets to win. Both teams are still in the cup, Scarlets won convincingly enough 15 - 3 in the return fixture. Would be worried about the Scarlets scrum but if they can get some decent ball could see them sneaking this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

I just don't see it happening.

Tigers in a better place now injury wise.

Looking at the weekend and the 2/1 about Munster looks tasty.

i think scarlets will beat the spread of +12, but i cant see them winning.
    i they have one eye on the 6th spot in the pro 12

Scarlets were well beaten last day and I'd question whether they have the bottle when things get tough in Leicester. I'd expect Leicester to win by 10-20 points.

Connacht Eagles -11 is a great bet for Wednesday afternoon. Can't get my full one unit on it so not putting it in the log. As for Leicester, I'd definitely be taking their side in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30784491

Scarlets have a lot in injuries...

Castres +24 2.1 888 sport 1 unit.

Castres +24 2.1 888 sport 1 unit.

5 units here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster/Castres not on PP. Either it's not there yet or they pulled it down.

I'd expect that cap to finish at the -14/15 mark.

Leinster/Castres not on PP. Either it's not there yet or they pulled it down.

I'd expect that cap to finish at the -14/15 mark.

it wasnt up yesterday either, i dont think they'll offer odds until both teams are named.

i expect them to offer around -22 to leinster

• Advertisement

Leinster -16/18 would be my line tbh

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/team/results/results_and_fixtures_leinster.php

Big wins this season
    -30 v Scarlets (h)
    -14 v Cardiff Blues (h)
    -17 v Zebre (a)
    -25 v Edinburgh (h)

Haven't been putting teams to the sword really, and two of those were in the opening weeks of the league..
    In fact, we've only scored 24 points 6 times this season (24 exactly twice). Are we expected to keep Castres almost scoreless?

Castres big losses this season (more than 24 point losses)
    +29 v Tolouse (a)
    +33 v La Rochelle (a)
    +52 v Bordeaux-Begles (a)
    +27 v Wasps (a)
    +33 v Stade Francais (a)

So their away record is pants. That Bordeaux-Begles result sticks out obviously (11/10/14). They appear to have been improving since then (domestically) until last weekend when they were trounced again.

Advertisement