Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,544 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rory best
    1st try scorer @ 25/1

im lumping on ireland to beat france this weekend at 10/11

bookies have teh handicap as scratch... it think we should be 5 or 6 point favourites.. and expect to go out to about -2 before the game starts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

sydthebeat wrote: »
    im lumping on ireland to beat france this weekend at 10/11

bookies have teh handicap as scratch... it think we should be 5 or 6 point favourites.. and expect to go out to about -2 before the game starts

It's a good bet but I don't trust Ireland to put two excellent performances together back to back. Anyway, if I stay away from the game the rest of you might make a few quid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I backed Ireland 1-12 @ 6/4.

Also Italy at the handicap of 16 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Got my bets done just now coz I fear odds might shorten on Ireland as today goes on...

Btw boylesprts have best odds of the highstreet shops, so all odds from them.

2 pts double: Ireland to win @11/10 & Wales (-11) @ Evens.

0.5 pt Ireland to beat France by 13 points or more @ 6/1

3 pts Ireland (-3) to win @ 7/5

I don't bet very often but I think this could be one of the easier matches of the whole 6ns to make a few quid on. (Albeit the 13 point winning margin one is by no means a confident bet, I just feel its over valued at 6/1)

Single: Nowell, Jack to Score a Try & England to Win @ 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Ireland by 5 or more is enhanced on Ladbrokes from 13/8 to 2/1

I've back the above, ireland -2 and the biggest stake on ireland +3 at 4/6 and being a bit concervative. Got away with being backing ireland +1 last week instead of taking them on the match betting, so sticking with the small bit more conservative approach

Single: Nowell, Jack to Score a Try & England to Win @ 8/1

bastards made a mistake with the odds :(

Rotten run of luck the last two weekends leads me to going mad and having something on Italy to win @ 10/1 and the draw @ 40/1. Anybody else? It would be great to see apart from being profitable. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,850 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

England 29 points or more 5/6 looks appealing, reckon they will open up Italy.
    Over 41.5 between them also 5/6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,850 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    England 29 points or more 5/6 looks appealing, reckon they will open up Italy.
    Over 41.5 between them also 5/6

9-40 will do :)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    9-40 will do :)

I reckon you were lucky as Italy were holding their own until the reckless pass and intercept by Joseph in the 53rd minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think France are serious value tomorrow at 3/1 to beat England. I think they've improved a little bit this year and even at their lowest ebb are a very tough nut to crack at home.

Can't see anything other than an England victory.

Ioane to score 2 or more tries @ 12/1

Feeling lucky?? Thomas "The Tank" Waldrom hasn't scored for a few games now and should be hungry. Due to his recent lean streak his odds have improved. :D

Exeter vs Northants is on at 1.00pm.

PP.PNG

Well, I hope too many of you didn't follow my advice. Thomas Waldrom failed, but not for want of trying and at least his odds may improve still further coming up to the next couple of games. I still think he would have prevailed if he hadn't been called ashore on 53 minutes.

Luckily for me I also added Northants top try scorer, Lee Dickson, to my bets at 9/2. :D

So after a bad run for several weeks I'm just over 200% up on the start of the weekend.

PP%2B2nd%2Bbite.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Stuck €5 on Jake Heenan Anytime @ 9/1

..Robbo don't even THINK about it :pac:

Another happy weekend, made doubly so by staying away from Connacht vs Leinster which I enjoyed - stress free - in the pub.

Great to Thomas the Tank is back after a few lean weekends. :D

PP%2BRUGBY.PNG

• Advertisement

Another utterly frustrating weekend and I'm back almost exactly where I started yesterday. Out of my try scorers today only Thomas Waldrom came in - his 2nd Hat Trick this season which sees him as the leading try scorer in the Premiership for the second year running with an incredible haul of 13 tries. Not bad for a 32 year-old No.8. :D

PADDY%2BPOWER.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Connacht, Munster, Glasgow and Sale enhanced to 7/4 PP - Connacht guning for home semi final, Glasgow playing Zebre and Sale are upstoppable at home... Munster at home but my only concern...Anyone seeing something I ain't?

Connacht, Munster, Glasgow and Sale enhanced to 7/4 PP - Connacht guning for home semi final, Glasgow playing Zebre and Sale are upstoppable at home... Munster at home but my only concern...Anyone seeing something I ain't?

i think Munster is the banana skin in that one
    at +6 i think Edinburgh are great value (similarly Leinster at +4)

and if you were looking at something at similar value with less risk IMO would a double on connacht -9 (10/11) and jaguares -19.5 (1/2)

gives you 1.8 compared to the PP enhance at 1.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

5 units on Leinster to win @2.40

i think Munster is the banana skin in that one
    at +6 i think Edinburgh are great value (similarly Leinster at +4)

and if you were looking at something at similar value with less risk IMO would a double on connacht -9 (10/11) and jaguares -19.5 (1/2)

gives you 1.8 compared to the PP enhance at 1.75

Possibly the Munster players will want to impress Eramus? Anyone know if he's anyone over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I really like those odds. I'd probably take it at evens.

I'm on it - PP have just dropped it to 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Possibly the Munster players will want to impress Eramus? Anyone know if he's anyone over there?

I don't follow? :)

they're playing for their European lives... i doubt razzie is top of the reason to lift their game.

but...... so are edinburgh...
    who have better discipline and are better off teh tee... which is all important in a close pressurised game.

• Advertisement

I don't follow? :)

Ha - 4.50pm on a Friday !! zzzzz

Advertisement