Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting 3/4 years

• 31-07-2013 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just wondering does anyone know why BA (HONS) Level 8 accounting in WIT is 3 yrs? Most other a/c courses I looked at are 4yrs or 3yrs with an add on etc

Is it just the case that there is more work/hours involved? Or is there less covered? Less exemptions? Am I missing something Or is that just how it is? :cool:

If anyone has done the course, what was first year like hours wise? Any info greatly appriciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

The course is more focused towards accountancy than a 4 year business degree. It's aimed at those who plan to go on to sit exams with one of the professional bodies.

The course gives students the chance to pick up maximum exemptions from these exams (no other 3rd level institute awards more).

Average hours in year one would be about 21 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ismellokay

Sorry about the delay

Yeah I read that about the exemptions before, I can't wait to do the course now in fairness.

21 hours per week - brill

Thanks for the info! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

ismellokay wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay

Yeah I read that about the exemptions before, I can't wait to do the course now in fairness.

21 hours per week - brill

Thanks for the info! :)

You're expected to put in two hours study for each class hour.
    As a non accountant this should mean you are busy for 21 plus 42 equals 63 hours per week ��

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi ,

I sat this course in the old days before WIT introudced semester's.
    The course is aimed at accountanct rather than general business studies. In first year you do a base of business classes such as marketing & communications. The hard work started for us in year 2 when our hours increased dramatically.
    As a student who enjoyed accounting but was unable to take it for leaving cert I found this course excellent, the smaller class sizes ensured I did not fall behind and a basic level of accounting was never assumed.

Enjoy the course, I loved my time down in Waterford, made friends for life :)

Advertisement