Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month limit on WHV

Options
  • 31-07-2013 7:08am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question...what happens if someone is caught working for a company for more then the 6 month limit?

Just wondering, as i got a contract extension today, and it goes 9 days past my 6 month mark. I'm happy enough to finish 9 days earlier then planned, but if i went over, would it come back and bite me in the ass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Technically it's a breach of your visa so your WHV could be revoked. Doubt that would happen though.

I know someone who had his legitimately extended by two weeks while he finished a project he was on. Needed a letter from the company though saying he was needed to complete it.

Try that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

go for residency and it will ass rape you. things getting tight these days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

is it hard to get residency on a whv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

NinjaK wrote: »
    is it hard to get residency on a whv?

Makes no odds. WHV doesn't count for anything when seeking residency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If your job needs you to extend to finish work you can apply to extend it for up to 1 month, no longer.

If you get caught, visa gets revoked, you get kicked out, banned from entry for a few years and will affect any future visa application on the question that asks about any visa refusals/cancelations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement