Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local authorities in Ireland

Options
  • 31-07-2013 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

"Hello" to you friendly Irish people!

I am a German civil cervant and would like to do a practical training of 3 month in an Irish local authority.
    I have a question about local authorities in Ireland because it is very hard for me to understand what they are and how they work. :(I would really be pleased if you could help me.

In Germany mostly every town has a town hall with a mayor and his staff. They have fixed opening hours and they work 5 days a week. Do you have something comparable in Ireland?
    I found the so called "Town Councils". I found out how many Town councils you have in Ireland but I couldn't find out how they work. Some of them have opening hours, some dont't have, some have staff, and so on... :confused:

My biggest problem is: I would like to do a practical training in an Irish local authority. I would like to work in an office for human resources or in a department that is responsible for social services.
    To which local authorities can I send an enquiry for a practical training (they should also work 5 days a week)? County councils, borough councils, city councils or town councils (something else)?

I would be grateful if you could help me a little bit with my problem so that I can understand how the local authorities work (mostly the working hours and if they have real staff).

Thank you very much for yor help! :)

Advertisement