Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Window Cleaner

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just making everyone aware, had a guy roll up to the house yesterday asking Mrs 0lordy if she wanted the windows cleaned. She said she was sorted, but he persisted, a bit too much, asking more questions and also if he could take a look around the back to give a quote for cleaning the windows. She obviously refused.

I would have let it go, but when he was leaving, he reversed the car right around the side of the house so that he could get a look at the back anyway.

Looked like he was casing the place.

Won't give any details here, but will PM them.

Would like to know if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I'd say call the gardai and alert them, but you might as well write it down on paper and try to get it to the UK police in a bottle thrown to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

This is more common than you think (sadly) another favourite these type of people is calling to your house and telling people they install alarm systems (great way of finding out if you even have one. (my Granny was targetted this way but thankfully the family is all around her home)

Always rememeber NEVER let anyone into your house unless you a) expect them and or b) they show proper ID.

If at any stage they refuse to show ID then tell them to GTFO and if they do have ID do not be afraid of calling their head office for confirmation of their story. True callers will not have any issue with this.

Cheers for the heads up though!

Advertisement