Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre sign up - contract duration.

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope you guys can help me with this, as it kinda ticked me off!

I've had an Eircom Phone & Broadband package for nearly two years, after moving from UTV, and I'm very happy with the service I've received.  Last January, I had a call from your reps, asking if I wished to upgrade from my 3mb service to an 8mb service - initially I wasn't interested, as I was going to wait until the eFibre rolled out.  Then I was told that as soon as the eFibre became available, I would get a free upgrade straight away.  This sounded ok, so I agreed to a 12 month contract.

When eFibre became available, I again got a phone call to offer me the service - great, I thought!  However, I'm now being asked for a new 18 month contract!  This wasn't what was offered back in January, which was an 8mb service until eFibre became available, totally a 12 month contract.  I realise that means I'll only have a 4 month deal left with Eircom, but that's enough for me to figure out if I actually want it, and therefore want to pay extra for it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

mrmac wrote: »
    Hi, hope you guys can help me with this, as it kinda ticked me off!I've had an Eircom Phone & Broadband package for nearly two years, after moving from UTV, and I'm very happy with the service I've received. Last January, I had a call from your reps, asking if I wished to upgrade from my 3mb service to an 8mb service - initially I wasn't interested, as I was going to wait until the eFibre rolled out. Then I was told that as soon as the eFibre became available, I would get a free upgrade straight away. This sounded ok, so I agreed to a 12 month contract.When eFibre became available, I again got a phone call to offer me the service - great, I thought! However, I'm now being asked for a new 18 month contract! This wasn't what was offered back in January, which was an 8mb service until eFibre became available, totally a 12 month contract. I realise that means I'll only have a 4 month deal left with Eircom, but that's enough for me to figure out if I actually want it, and therefore want to pay extra for it.Cheers.
    Hi mrmac,

I'm afraid all Fibre customers have to enter an 18 month contract. If you have 4 months left on your contract it will refresh to 18 months when Fibre has been connected.
    This is a standard procedure for all customers.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks Tracey.
    I understand you require an 18 month contract, my issue was that this was not explained to me back in January when I agreed to a new contract, on the basis of getting an eFibre connection.

The 18 month contract thing is a real turn-off.
    As my current contract will terminate in January, I think I'll wait and see what is on offer by other providers at that time.
    I believe Sky will be available in my area come the end of this year.

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

mrmac wrote: »
    Thanks Tracey.I understand you require an 18 month contract, my issue was that this was not explained to me back in January when I agreed to a new contract, on the basis of getting an eFibre connection.The 18 month contract thing is a real turn-off.As my current contract will terminate in January, I think I'll wait and see what is on offer by other providers at that time.I believe Sky will be available in my area come the end of this year.Thanks for the reply.
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi mrmac, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I understand this must be frustrating for you and please accept my apologises on behalf of the agent.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I'm sorry to hear to may be leaving us.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

Advertisement