Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

hensch wrote: »
    Eircom reps, if you guys could help me out here it would be great, since im getting different answers/statements from everyone i speak to.been on the phone the whole morning to different departments and 3 times(with 3 different agents) with the efibre sales team.There seems to be something odd with my address, since every other address in my estate and village comes up as fibre enabledLet me try to demonstrate with some picturesdonabate exchange.png shows cover area for the exchange in Donabate, where it should be available and Portrane is in that areaPortrane cabinet DBT1_001.png shows the location of the cabinet in Portrane and my estate marked, as mention before all other addresses on that estate comes up fine in the address checker on Eircoms webpageDBT1_001.PNG shows the details of that cabinet, taken from https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3Answers given so far from Eircom is:-I will get fibre in september (fibre sales team), when it comes to my area?! everybody else in my area already are enabled- that i should be able to already have fibre ( by tech team) even gave me a case number, but she did then say that it might not work- that I am on the Donabate exchange and it is not set up for fibre and everybody else in my neighborhood is on a different exchangeFrom Tracey yesterday, thx btw for getting back to me, i got this:I have checked this for you and I can confirm that Fibre is enabled in your exchange however your cabinet also needs to be connected for the service to work. I'm afraid that your cabinet has not being upgraded as of yet and we have no lead time as to how long this will take unfortunately.Eircom will contact you when it's available in your area.somehow it feels that im in the same kind of scenario as this guy (taken from the eircom community forum) http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366So I am very confused and can to seem to get any clear logical answer.please assist.
    Hi hensch,

I have looked into your query further and I have noticed that all your neighbours qualify for it. I have sent a request off for this to be investigated and I will come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    Any updates yet?
    /H

Hi Hensh,

We are still working on your issue and you are dealing with Mark on a different htread alos. Sorry for the delays however we are doing our best and send for daily updates.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi hensch

Still no update, I appreciate you are being patient. We have sent on a few examples to be investigated by the network team. It may be a few weeks before we get the locations / systems checked in full.

Mark
    Thx Mark, were you able to confirm with the technician that I am connected to the cabinet DBT1_001?

/H

Hi H,

I have confirmed it is the same cabinet. However I sent on your details specific to your issue. As well as that of a few customers in similar cases.

I did confirm with your issue that your address goes through a different drop point. So the cable tracking may be laid in a different way than neighbouring customers.

The information I got from our networks team.

They confirmed that the efibre service is not available at your address.

Apart from the possible reason I outlined above, we have to advise you the same as I did with Mustard1972

I have been advised that "the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Believe me I fully understand how vague the response is, I outlined clearly all the information you provided in your PMs. I have not got back to the thread as I have been checking every avenue.

However it is not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

Again, I am sorry I could not get back with better news.

Mark 

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Hi hensch

Still no update, I appreciate you are being patient. We have sent on a few examples to be investigated by the network team. It may be a few weeks before we get the locations / systems checked in full.

Mark
    Thx Mark, were you able to confirm with the technician that I am connected to the cabinet DBT1_001?

/H

Hi H,

I have confirmed it is the same cabinet. However I sent on your details specific to your issue. As well as that of a few customers in similar cases.

I did confirm with your issue that your address goes through a different drop point. So the cable tracking may be laid in a different way than neighbouring customers.

Apart from the possible reason I outlined above, we have to advise you the same as I did with Mustard1972

I have been advised that "the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Believe me I fully understand how vague the response is, I outlined clearly all the information you provided in your PMs. I have not got back to the thread as I have been checking every avenue.

However it is not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

Mark 
    Does this mean those folks will never receive eFibre broadband? And if perhaps in the future they can, then what's preventing it from happening now? 

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

As far as Im concerned Eircom entered a contract with me to upgrade me to eFibre when it came to my area.  It has and they havent.
    COMREG will be notified.
    You cant go making promises and stealing other companies customers on that basis and then not honoring that promise once you have stolen the customer.

Manc Red wrote: »
    Hi hensch

Mark

/H

Hi H,

Mark 
    Does this mean those folks will never receive eFibre broadband? And if perhaps in the future they can, then what's preventing it from happening now? 

Hi Guys,

Again I know the reply does not go into detail. The situation may change for customers who can not avail of efibre at present. However I have been chasing up a few cases with operations and I can only state what they advised us of.

Mark 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 hensch

Hi H,

Mark 
    Hi Mark

What is a "drop point"?

So my cabling is the issue is it? and who are the ones that put that cabling down....Eircom, so is that the conclusion. Eircom cant offer me fibre because Eircom had laid down the cable in a non standard way 

Besides, I thought that it was FTTC and from there on the good old copper that should already be in place, so we are saying that it is my copper cable that can not hold the fibre requirements..... because of the copper cables lenght? or diameter? or perhaps color?

/H

Hi H,

Mark 
    Hi Mark

What is a "drop point"?

So my cabling is the issue is it? and who are the ones that put that cabling down....Eircom, so is that the conclusion. Eircom cant offer me fibre because Eircom had laid down the cable in a non standard way 

Besides, I thought that it was FTTC and from there on the good old copper that should already be in place, so we are saying that it is my copper cable that can not hold the fibre requirements..... because of the copper cables lenght? or diameter? or perhaps color?

/H

Hi hensch

That is all the information I could get, I can not expand more as that leads to more questions.

- Who decides how the cables are laid / planned from the cabinet.

- Can that be changed.

And so on, I have asked all these questions for a number of customers and again I can only re-iterate the response I received from networks and the basic reasons behind it.

Mark

Advertisement