Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's next?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Moved house recently and since there is a new cabinet less then 100 meter from the house and the neighbors in my estate has fiber connection I figured I would also join the broadband age.

So called up Eircom, last week, I made it very clear to the sales person I spoke to that I wanted broadband and had very little interest in phone(although I do accept that I would have to get that aswell). All my questions were around broadband, speeds and process to get it set up. The sales girl said (after checking, somewhere) that I were on the fiber connection and told me to phone them as soon as the line was connected and be asked to have fiber set up.

So far so good, got a text a few days later saying my line was connected and called up Eircom again, I explained to the person who answered the phone that I wanted to have fiber set up and she transfered me to the fiber migration team. And there they said that my house did not have the fiber possibility yet?! And said that fiber was due in September, she could not explain why my house did not have fiber even though all the neighbors do, she could neither tell me what to do next.
    On the other hand she did, during our 10 min call, offered me 3 times to be transfered to the complaints team, which I declined since it would not solve my problem.

This week I did get a modem in the post, and when hooked up it gives me the massive speed of 2 Mbits download and 0.6 Mbits upload, which by the way is slower then my mobile network

I have not received any further information or communication from Eircom on what I am now signed up to or what my account number of phone number is( which seems to be the thing that is asked for whenever you call Eircom).

So I guess that my questions are:

How could the sales person with certainty say I would have fiber when according to the migration team I do not have that?
    How will I know when I do have the option to migrate over to fiber? and what would I have to do?
    And is 2 Mbit( in my mind that does not even classifies as broadband) all I can expect now? Which is quite far from what the Eircom webpage puts in your face (70 Mbit)

Any answer, clarity would be appriciated 
    /H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

hensch wrote: »
    Moved house recently and since there is a new cabinet less then 100 meter from the house and the neighbors in my estate has fiber connection I figured I would also join the broadband age.So called up Eircom, last week, I made it very clear to the sales person I spoke to that I wanted broadband and had very little interest in phone(although I do accept that I would have to get that aswell). All my questions were around broadband, speeds and process to get it set up. The sales girl said (after checking, somewhere) that I were on the fiber connection and told me to phone them as soon as the line was connected and be asked to have fiber set up.So far so good, got a text a few days later saying my line was connected and called up Eircom again, I explained to the person who answered the phone that I wanted to have fiber set up and she transfered me to the fiber migration team. And there they said that my house did not have the fiber possibility yet?! And said that fiber was due in September, she could not explain why my house did not have fiber even though all the neighbors do, she could neither tell me what to do next.On the other hand she did, during our 10 min call, offered me 3 times to be transfered to the complaints team, which I declined since it would not solve my problem.This week I did get a modem in the post, and when hooked up it gives me the massive speed of 2 Mbits download and 0.6 Mbits upload, which by the way is slower then my mobile networkI have not received any further information or communication from Eircom on what I am now signed up to or what my account number of phone number is( which seems to be the thing that is asked for whenever you call Eircom).So I guess that my questions are:How could the sales person with certainty say I would have fiber when according to the migration team I do not have that?How will I know when I do have the option to migrate over to fiber? and what would I have to do?And is 2 Mbit( in my mind that does not even classifies as broadband) all I can expect now? Which is quite far from what the Eircom webpage puts in your face (70 Mbit)Any answer, clarity would be appriciated /H
    Hi hensch,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issued you are having with your Fibre order.

Would you like to PM me your account details and I will have a look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hensch

Thx Tracey

PM sent

can you explain this to me

it is Eircom's phone number checker.

Does this mean that Fibre already is available in my area or not?

Eircom reps, if you guys could help me out here it would be great, since im getting different answers/statements from everyone i speak to.

been on the phone the whole morning to different departments and 3 times(with 3 different agents) with the efibre sales team.

There seems to be something odd with my address, since every other address in my estate and village comes up as fibre enabled

Let me try to demonstrate with some pictures

donabate exchange.png shows cover area for the exchange in Donabate, where it should be available and Portrane is in that area

Portrane cabinet DBT1_001.png shows the location of the cabinet in Portrane and my estate marked, as mention before all other addresses on that estate comes up fine in the address checker on Eircoms webpage

DBT1_001.PNG shows the details of that cabinet, taken from https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3

Answers given so far from Eircom is:
    -I will get fibre in september (fibre sales team), when it comes to my area?! everybody else in my area already are enabled
    - that i should be able to already have fibre ( by tech team) even gave me a case number, but she did then say that it might not work
    - that I am on the Donabate exchange and it is not set up for fibre and everybody else in my neighborhood is on a different exchange

From Tracey yesterday, thx btw for getting back to me, i got this:
    I have checked this for you and I can confirm that Fibre is enabled in your exchange however your cabinet also needs to be connected for the service to work. I'm afraid that your cabinet has not being upgraded as of yet and we have no lead time as to how long this will take unfortunately.
    Eircom will contact you when it's available in your area.

somehow it feels that im in the same kind of scenario as this guy (taken from the eircom community forum) http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366

So I am very confused and can to seem to get any clear logical answer.

please assist.

Eircom reps, if you guys could help me out here it would be great, since im getting different answers/statements from everyone i speak to.been on the phone the whole morning to different departments and 3 times(with 3 different agents) with the efibre sales team.There seems to be something odd with my address, since every other address in my estate and village comes up as fibre enabledLet me try to demonstrate with some picturesdonabate exchange.png shows cover area for the exchange in Donabate, where it should be available and Portrane is in that areaPortrane cabinet DBT1_001.png shows the location of the cabinet in Portrane and my estate marked, as mention before all other addresses on that estate comes up fine in the address checker on Eircoms webpageDBT1_001.PNG shows the details of that cabinet, taken from https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3Answers given so far from Eircom is:-I will get fibre in september (fibre sales team), when it comes to my area?! everybody else in my area already are enabled- that i should be able to already have fibre ( by tech team) even gave me a case number, but she did then say that it might not work- that I am on the Donabate exchange and it is not set up for fibre and everybody else in my neighborhood is on a different exchangeFrom Tracey yesterday, thx btw for getting back to me, i got this:I have checked this for you and I can confirm that Fibre is enabled in your exchange however your cabinet also needs to be connected for the service to work. I'm afraid that your cabinet has not being upgraded as of yet and we have no lead time as to how long this will take unfortunately.Eircom will contact you when it's available in your area.somehow it feels that im in the same kind of scenario as this guy (taken from the eircom community forum) http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366So I am very confused and can to seem to get any clear logical answer.please assist.
    Hi hensch,

I have looked into your query further and I have noticed that all your neighbours qualify for it. I have sent a request off for this to be investigated and I will come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Hi,
    I am in exactly the same situation.  Can you help me out too.

If I PM you the next door neighbors phone number, who has fiber already installed and mine can you help?

Exact same situation as me.
    Neighbors have Fiber installed already.  I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months.  They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that.  I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house.  There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away then me and got Fiber installed. I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it.  He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No" is right.

What can I do?  They wont help me at all.  I dont know how else I can get them to understand.  I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.

hi Eircom
    can you help me with this. A reply would be great.
    when I call your support they put me on to sales then sales put me back on to support and it goes around in circles for hours and still I have nobody helping me.

Any chance someone here can pick up the ball ?

Hi hensch,

I have looked into your query further and I have noticed that all your neighbours qualify for it. I have sent a request off for this to be investigated and I will come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Have you heard anything back yet?

/H

hi Hensch
    did anyone from Eircom ever help you out on this. Any idea how the guy on the Eircom thread got his sorted in the end?

hi Hensch
    did anyone from Eircom ever help you out on this. Any idea how the guy on the Eircom thread got his sorted in the end?
    Hi Mustard

Still waiting on the reps here on the forum and no it was never really explained in the thread what he did to get it fixed.

• Advertisement

Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Any updates yet?

/H

it seems like its a simple problem to solve but Eircom aren't interested

let the customer pay the cost of an engineer to cone out to their house and install efibre. if it doesn't work after best effort or tracing the line back then Eircom can keep the money.
    but Eircom won't even get someone to investigate.

they obviously don't want your money.

Eircom reps, if you guys could help me out here it would be great, since im getting different answers/statements from everyone i speak to.been on the phone the whole morning to different departments and 3 times(with 3 different agents) with the efibre sales team.There seems to be something odd with my address, since every other address in my estate and village comes up as fibre enabledLet me try to demonstrate with some picturesdonabate exchange.png shows cover area for the exchange in Donabate, where it should be available and Portrane is in that areaPortrane cabinet DBT1_001.png shows the location of the cabinet in Portrane and my estate marked, as mention before all other addresses on that estate comes up fine in the address checker on Eircoms webpageDBT1_001.PNG shows the details of that cabinet, taken from https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3Answers given so far from Eircom is:-I will get fibre in september (fibre sales team), when it comes to my area?! everybody else in my area already are enabled- that i should be able to already have fibre ( by tech team) even gave me a case number, but she did then say that it might not work- that I am on the Donabate exchange and it is not set up for fibre and everybody else in my neighborhood is on a different exchangeFrom Tracey yesterday, thx btw for getting back to me, i got this:I have checked this for you and I can confirm that Fibre is enabled in your exchange however your cabinet also needs to be connected for the service to work. I'm afraid that your cabinet has not being upgraded as of yet and we have no lead time as to how long this will take unfortunately.Eircom will contact you when it's available in your area.somehow it feels that im in the same kind of scenario as this guy (taken from the eircom community forum) http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366So I am very confused and can to seem to get any clear logical answer.please assist.
    Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Do you have any updates on this?

/H

Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    Any updates yet?
    /H

Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    Any updates yet?
    /H
    Hi Hensh,

I am still in talks with technicians to see if there is anything that we can do for you. I'm hoping to have an accurate answer for you by end of this week.

Sorry for the delays and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    Any updates yet?
    /H
    Hi Hensh,

I am still in talks with technicians to see if there is anything that we can do for you. I'm hoping to have an accurate answer for you by end of this week.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    thx for that

I just spoke to the technician who was out to look at my line quality, and he said that there would be no reason why i would not be able to get on to fibre, he himself installed the fibre for some of my neighbors recently
    /H

Hi hensch,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    Any updates yet?
    /H
    Hi Hensh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    thx for that

I just spoke to the technician who was out to look at my line quality, and he said that there would be no reason why i would not be able to get on to fibre, he himself installed the fibre for some of my neighbors recently
    /H

Hensch
    If you get this sorted will you let us know because a lot of people are in the same situation.
    I have had a technician who installed the line in the neighbours check my line and he said everything was fine.
    Try telling Eircom sales that though.

Hensch
    If you get this sorted will you let us know because a lot of people are in the same situation.
    I have had a technician who installed the line in the neighbours check my line and he said everything was fine.

Will do Mustard.

Im waiting to see what Tracey comes back with, otherwise it is back on to the sales team again. worst case I'll give the technician a call, he said that he might be able to assist if i get stuck.

/H

Hensch

Will do Mustard.

Im waiting to see what Tracey comes back with, otherwise it is back on to the sales team again. worst case I'll give the technician a call, he said that he might be able to assist if i get stuck.

/H

Im trying to get them to get a technician to come out to me, but they dont seem to want to do it.  I even offered to pay for him.
    How did you manage to get them to send one out.
    I think my problem is to do with my house having a new address from the post office, but the old address still being the one attached to the phone.

Hi Hensh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

It's been another week, have you got any updates?
    /H

• Advertisement

Hi Hensh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

It's now been a week and a half since your last update.

any news?

I can supply to you the mobile number to the Eircom technician who was out looking at my line, and he would be able to confirm where that line runs, ie which cab and exchange.

Im struggling to see what is going on.

I do understand that Eircom's system says that my address is not ready for fiber, but based on all the data I have shown, and the confirmation from the technician, the system is wrong, ie not updated correctly and then we should not just sit back and hope that the system will correct itself, there is a need for action.

So would you mind giving me an update on where we are stuck at the moment?

/H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Hensh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

It's now been a week and a half since your last update.

any news?

I can supply to you the mobile number to the Eircom technician who was out looking at my line, and he would be able to confirm where that line runs, ie which cab and exchange.

Im struggling to see what is going on.

I do understand that Eircom's system says that my address is not ready for fiber, but based on all the data I have shown, and the confirmation from the technician, the system is wrong, ie not updated correctly and then we should not just sit back and hope that the system will correct itself, there is a need for action.

So would you mind giving me an update on where we are stuck at the moment?

/H

Hi hensch

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have been speaking to Tracey and she advised that an engineer checked the network side. He confirmed that your address is connected to a different cabinet than your neighbours.

- We were unable to get an indication as to if or when your exchange may be connected to efibre.

* It is not possible to move one customer from an existing cabinet to another (we have followed up on this possibility with a few customers)

* Also customers can not place an order for a new line / account for the purposes of connecting to efibre (Connected cabinet) -  again we checked this possibility with a few customers)

Tracey checked every avenue we could, which is why it took so long.

Sorry we could not get back with better news.

Mark

Hi hensch

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have been speaking to Tracey and she advised that an engineer checked the network side. He confirmed that your address is connected to a different cabinet than your neighbours.

- We were unable to get an indication as to if or when your exchange may be connected to efibre.

* It is not possible to move one customer from an existing cabinet to another (we have followed up on this possibility with a few customers)

* Also customers can not place an order for a new line / account for the purposes of connecting to efibre (Connected cabinet) -  again we checked this possibility with a few customers)

Mark

Hi Mark

First off, thanx for responding, but I do have to say I that I dont think you have been reading the full thread here.

I have been speaking to Tracey and she advised that an engineer checked the network side. He confirmed that your address is connected to a different cabinet than your neighbours.
    Funny answer so this engineer, did he look at a system or did he actually physically check how my line runs? Since I in my last post said that I had an Eircom technician (not a contractor) out and he traced the the line, from the house to the cabinet DBT001, which I have mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread. So why dont you call the guy who was out at my house and see what he said, and then take that back to the engineer who told you otherwise. 

Ridiculous there is only one exchange, that is the Donabate Exchange, again which I have shown in this thread that this one has been enabled, just mentioning the exchange is a joke.

This I do understand, but again, call the technician who were physically out and traced the line and ask him what cabinet my line runs to.

I have to say, your post in this thread feels like a brush off , and I was hoping to be treated with some degree of respect. I dont mind waiting for answers because I fully understand that all answers are not available straight away, but good customer service is to stick to timelines given it is about giving the right expectations and keeping those.

/H

Hi hensch

Mark

Hi Mark

First off, thanx for responding, but I do have to say I that I dont think you have been reading the full thread here.

I have been speaking to Tracey and she advised that an engineer checked the network side. He confirmed that your address is connected to a different cabinet than your neighbours.
    Funny answer so this engineer, did he look at a system or did he actually physically check how my line runs? Since I in my last post said that I had an Eircom technician (not a contractor) out and he traced the the line, from the house to the cabinet DBT001, which I have mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread. So why dont you call the guy who was out at my house and see what he said, and then take that back to the engineer who told you otherwise. 

Ridiculous there is only one exchange, that is the Donabate Exchange, again which I have shown in this thread that this one has been enabled, just mentioning the exchange is a joke.

This I do understand, but again, call the technician who were physically out and traced the line and ask him what cabinet my line runs to.

I have to say, your post in this thread feels like a brush off , and I was hoping to be treated with some degree of respect. I dont mind waiting for answers because I fully understand that all answers are not available straight away, but good customer service is to stick to timelines given it is about giving the right expectations and keeping those.

/H

Hi H,

Apologies I should have stated it was the 'cabinet' not the exchange. I assure you it is not a brush off  that was not my intent.

The information I outlined the information that was provided to Tracey and myself.

We have a few customer in similar situation and we have to relay the information we get from the escalations we send on.

Mark

Hi H,

Apologies I should have stated it was the 'cabinet' not the exchange. I assure you it is not a brush off  that was not my intent.

The information I outlined the information that was provided to Tracey and myself.

We have a few customer in similar situation and we have to relay the information we get from the escalations we send on.

Mark

Hi Mark

Regarding the Exchange thing, i more or less guessed it was referring to the cabinet, and I understand that you guys here on the forum only can relay information you are given.

What Im asking in this case it that you our your colleagues act on the information I have tried to supply you, the latest the PM I sent to you, Mark , with the case number that the Eircom technician responded to and his mobile number, since his information contradicts to the information you and Tracey was given. In this case I would think that the person who was physically on site would be at a better position to say what cabinet my line runs to.

As stated in the PM, I do not see the harm of one Eircom employee contacting another to get more information, similar to how you guys operate with any other question you might get here on the forum that you dont have the direct answer to.

/H

Hi H,

Mark

Hi Mark

Regarding the Exchange thing, i more or less guessed it was referring to the cabinet, and I understand that you guys here on the forum only can relay information you are given.

What Im asking in this case it that you our your colleagues act on the information I have tried to supply you, the latest the PM I sent to you, Mark , with the case number that the Eircom technician responded to and his mobile number, since his information contradicts to the information you and Tracey was given. In this case I would think that the person who was physically on site would be at a better position to say what cabinet my line runs to.

As stated in the PM, I do not see the harm of one Eircom employee contacting another to get more information, similar to how you guys operate with any other question you might get here on the forum that you dont have the direct answer to.

/H

Hi hensch

I got the PM. I will go through all the escalations / replies we received I will try track the initial engineer that called out however the cabinet listing we were advised showed the line / number on a different cabinet as well as the second engineer that called out.

We should get back to you next week.

Mark

Hi hensch

I got the PM. I will go through all the escalations / replies we received I will try track the initial engineer that called out however the cabinet listing we were advised showed the line / number on a different cabinet as well as the second engineer that called out.

Mark
    Eircom reps!

Any update on this?

It seems that the only time I get any update is when I once a week bump this post by asking for an update, Im trying to be patient and giving you guys time to get answers, but I have to say that right now it feels like no one is taking ownership of my problem.

/H

Hi hensch

Mark
    Eircom reps!

Any update on this?

It seems that the only time I get any update is when I once a week bump this post by asking for an update, Im trying to be patient and giving you guys time to get answers, but I have to say that right now it feels like no one is taking ownership of my problem.

/H

Hi hensch

Still no update, I appreciate you are being patient. We have sent on a few examples to be investigated by the network team. It may be a few weeks before we get the locations / systems checked in full.

Mark

Hi hensch

Still no update, I appreciate you are being patient. We have sent on a few examples to be investigated by the network team. It may be a few weeks before we get the locations / systems checked in full.

Mark
    Thx Mark, were you able to confirm with the technician that I am connected to the cabinet DBT1_001?

/H

• Advertisement

Thx Mark, were you able to confirm with the technician that I am connected to the cabinet DBT1_001?

/H
    Posting this again since it was never answered.

Advertisement