Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haddington Road

Options
  • 31-07-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

Wonder if you folks can assist. Just want to make sure I am seeing this right or have I got the wrong end of the stick!

I am contracted on a 17.5 hour week however I was asked to work an extra half hour a day to cover until 1pm which I have been doing.

Under the new agreement HR have calculated my working week as 20 hours and not 17.5 but surely that can't be right. I know thats what I work however if I don't do the extra half hour any day i.e bank hol or annual leave I don't get paid for it.

Before I speak to them I just want to check if I'm right or they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The general clause covering part time staff is on page 47 of the Haddington Road Agreement:
    On a personal to holder basis, increases in working hours will be limited to two hours and fifteen minutes
    per week subject to the following:
     This arrangement will only apply in the cases of these specific grades/workers referred to below above
    that grade, or on recruitment or promotion, a standard working week of 37 hours will apply.
     A minimum working week of 35 hours will apply. Pro-rata arrangements will apply for job sharer and
    part time staff.

 In the case of public servants covered by LCR 20366 the additional hours to be given will be inclusive
    of any additional time given as from 1st March 2013 in accordance with LCR 20366.
     The divisor for overtime calculations will be based on 37 hours effective from 1st July 2013.
     Overtime will not be payable until 37 hours are worked and exceeded effective from 1st July 2013.

You might need to read the full agreement if you're not covered by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marymac068

Hi guys,
    I really need help trying to find out some information. I'm currently on year 4 and was given a cid of 13 hours based on my year 3 hours. I now have 20 hours, I was told last year by ASTI that I could go to the rights commission and get the hours onto my cid because the changes happened to the cid so quickly. Does anybody know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

It looks like your right ; and that they are just adding the new hours expected for a full time employee.
    Could be just a clerical error on their part.

Advertisement