Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown garden centre

• 31-07-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Has anyone bought plants online from here ?Are they good quality plants/shrubs.They have a great range online and was thinking about buying some.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Yep, I've bought a lot of stuff from these guys and it's all worked out well. It's a great place to walk around and check out what weird stuff they've got available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

I bought 80 quid worth of plants earlier in the spring. Everything has grown well as expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bought a load of stuff from them last year; the only things not thriving are the couple of plants my dogs like to wee on. Would definitely buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

thanks for replies everyone

• Site Banned Posts: 123 ✭✭Mutant Mass

Never bought from them online, but the centre is excellent and most of the staff helped me anytime I've asked questions when I used to go there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

The plants come delivered by courier, you might find that they are squashed into boxes but the plants are that strong and healthy it shouldn't affect growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Its always been one of my favourite garden centres. Times seem to be tough for them since Windyridge opened. Its ot as use as it once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Its always been one of my favourite garden centres. Times seem to be tough for them since Windyridge opened. Its ot as use as it once was.

Don't think the OP means the one in Rochestown in Co Dublin , probably the very excellent http://www.johnstowngardencentre.ie/ in Naas Co Kildare.
    I bought some plants from there before and were packaged well, arrived quickly and were very healthy. Would have no hesitation buying from them again.

To be honest I find the Johnstown garden centre in Rochestown a little expensive and limited in what they offer compared to Windy Ridge which is a wonderful garden centre. I often thought they should open a cafe to enjoy a cuppa and admire the plants and lovely views over the mountains from there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement