Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> Ripoff

• 31-07-2013 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Since my previous in the <SNIP> thread was removed by someone for some reason without any notification to me, I am starting this thread chronicling the inept customer service and lack of professional ethic I've encountered in what is now day three of dealing with <SNIP>. This review can also be found on Yelp.ie should this post also be removed and is also their ONLY review on Yelp.

Terrible customer service. I called to get a quote to have a new key made for my car and was told to like their Facebook page for a 10% discount. After liking their page and calling to book the appointment the manager <SNIP> says that you must check in from their shop for the discount. I agreed to the service anyway since I apparently had no other choice.

The technician arrived and removed the immobiliser from my vehicle and proceeded to tell me he would not be back to reinstall it until the next day at 10am when I thought it would be fixed the same day. Again, I agreed since it seemed I had no choice.

I'm drafting this review at approximately 11:15am, the technician well over an hour late and have called <SNIP> who informed me the technician is on his way prior to calling me back to say he in fact doesn't know where the technician is but will call back again when he does.

Furthermore, I read back to him the exact wording on his own website regarding the discount policy which reads as follows "We are offering all our customers with Smartphones and Facebook to get a discount on our services. Visit our Facebook page and you will receive a massive 10% off Car Key Repairs and Replacements." When I advised that the wording said absolutely nothing about check in from his counter he became argumentative stating that regardless of wording that's the way it's supposed to work, my ticket was logged at full price and that's the way it will stay. The check in system is designed for repeat customers who frequent their shop. Good luck getting repeat customers with such shoddy service. I will never give this business my custom again. This review is receiving one star only because Yelp will not allow me to leave none at all.

UPDATE, approximately 12:30pm: Update, the car ran great for exactly fifteen minutes until I parked and shut the engine off. When I went to restart the car the exact same problem is happening again and I am now stuck waiting for yet another technician. Avoid this place at all cost and seek out an independent automotive locksmith.

UPDATE approximately 1:30pm: The technician arrives again and informs me that the immobiliser box has to be removed and brought back to the shop for the second time. When I asked how I'm supposed to get home he was at least decent enough to offer me a ride. So now I'm in Rathfarnham while my car sits in Dundrum and the technician informs me that it may be another day to get the problem fixed.

UPDATE, 3:43pm: Having had to call back yet again after not receiving an update as promised by 2:45 I've spoken with <SNIP> who has no clue as to the progress of my immobiliser box and informs me that if the box is not fixed by 6pm then I'll be forced to wait another day for a working vehicle making it three days now waiting on them to finish the repair that was meant to be done and dusted by 10am. What a joke.

UPDATE 5:45pm: Rang <SNIP> to find out their offices are closed as of 5:30. Without so much as the decency of a courtesy call I've been blown off for another day.

Wednesday, 31/07/13
    UPDATE 9:31am: <SNIP> claims the immobiliser box has been repaired but offered no explanation as to why there was no call last night informing me as to the state of repairs nor why the job was not finished yesterday since the repairs certainly could not have been completed one minute after opening at 9:30am. Then he informs me they will be reinstalling the immobiliser into my car that still sits in Dundrum, and will be brining the car back to the shop to "give it a thorough going over" qualifying it as at no cost to myself. I informed him I've now been two days without a car and have things that need to get done. He informs that it "shouldn't" take another entire day but only a couple extra hours. Upon asking him if they will be returning the vehicle directly to my home if they're taking it to their shop at their own insistence, he claims that something will be sorted out.

UPDATE 10:35am: Having called <SNIP> to explain that I did not wish my car transported without myself present, <SNIP> counters by stating his guys weren't going to sit around waiting for ne to arrive and my only alternative was to bring the car to their shop myself and not to turn off the engine in between here and there. I reluctantly authorised him and his technicians to take the car to their shop before getting on the next bus to Dundrum in an effort to meet the technicians at the vehicle. Upon arriving in Dundrum I find that the techs had come and gone, leaving a non-chipped key (meaning the car is still undrivable) behind and taking the chipped keys with them that have been bought and paid for. Calling <SNIP> again as to why they've left the car behind that I've authorised them to take he states that due to my concerns over them transporting my vehicle they've decided to send out a tow truck in the next hour to hour and a half in an obviously attempt to further delay the repair as an aggravation. I informed him I will be riding along with the tow truck to their shop before being hung up on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

So you piss them off with your ranting and you expect them to jump to your every call.

Sorry, but you act in the way described above and they will delay delay delay and they won't give a toss. A little respect can go a long long way with people in the service industry.

btw - hint, join the AA.

also, your attitude shows in the first line "post deleted without informing me" - sorry, but Boards does not have to inform anybody of a post being deleted - did you want them to ask you politely, in triplicate and get on their knees for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

you posted your message without informing them... so they are well within their right to remove your message without informing you !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Here we go again....

Advertisement