Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Good Morning All,

Curently renting a 4 bed house with 3 guys, about to enter into fourth year lease on the house. Estate Agent has forwarded a lease renewal, rent is going up € 100 a month.

My question is this, as we have lived in house for 3 years now, is it possible for us to suggest to estate agent that inside of house could do with a fresh painting.

The rooms are in not in any bad state, just the tenants before us were there 2 years so the house interior inside hasnt been refreshed in 5 years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

If it was your own house would you repaint it fully every 5 years ?

If its not in bad condition I don't see why you would be asking for it to be repainted.

FWIW I painted every room in my house 6 years ago and bar repainting the hall, stairs & landing and one bedroom, I have had no need to repaint any of the other rooms as they look as good now as when they were painted originally.

A full refresh seems a bit much TBH but if you don't ask you don't get so no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I was just thinking about asking my landlord the same thing but was wondering should I be getting the painting done myself?
    I've been in this house 2 and a half years now and I can't find anything about it in the lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

teggers5 wrote: »
    I was just thinking about asking my landlord the same thing but was wondering should I be getting the painting done myself?
    I've been in this house 2 and a half years now and I can't find anything about it in the lease.
    Normally the landlord is responsible for all maintenance such as painting and other repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Normally the landlord is responsible for all maintenance such as painting and other repairs.

Thanks foggy_lad.
    All I can do is ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Depends on how well you get on with the landlord.If your there 3/4 years then you are probably good tenants and landlord would be sorry to see ye go.Its in his/her interest to keep ye happy and lick of paint shouldn't be too much of a stretch,maybe not the whole house but sitting room,kitchen etc.

What we did before was completely renovated the sitting room, new timber floor,removed wallpaper,fresh paint etc and got the LL to knock the cost off the rent.Win win all round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement