Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else not seeing it on xbox marketplace????

I even tried to buy from xbox.com and it said not valid in my region.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else not seeing it on xbox marketplace????

I even tried to buy from xbox.com and it said not valid in my region.

I just had the same problem, came here looking for a fix

I will remember this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

A member of the Telltale staff posted this over on the Telltale forums.
    The Walking Dead: Season Two premiere is available in Ireland on PC/Mac, PS3, and iOS. It's not available for Xbox 360 at this time.

For New Zealand, it's currently available on PC/Mac and iOS.

Whats up with that I wonder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Was I the only one who disliked Duck from the off, I tried to kill him at every chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man... Great first episode to set the ball rolling.
    Too many of the choices though were too easy, to the point where over 90% of people picked the same thing for three of the choices. Only thing I wasn't in the majority for though was I didn't give the dying guy water. Was hoping I'd tell him that if he told me where Christa was I'd give him water, but nothing happened. Was also surprised more people saved Nick than Pete, though I think more people realised Pete may have been bitten on the ankle. I figured Nick needed my help more too.

And that f*cking dog... Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I thought the same. Nothing was showing up in the game saves section and wouldn't met me into see my choices (which I had assumed was from Season 1). You have to go in and attempt to start a game and you'll get asked to import your game saves. and choose which save you want to use.

No, I mean got a new laptop, had to leave the PC back in Ireland. Never took my save files with me (idiot I know) ...

Does it have an option of choices like...says ME2 or something where you can decide what your character did if you didn't have your first game's save file. ?

As in my game obviously I made certain decisions that I'd like to keep in the continuity

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No, I mean got a new laptop, had to leave the PC back in Ireland. Never took my save files with me (idiot I know) ...

Does it have an option of choices like...says ME2 or something where you can decide what your character did if you didn't have your first game's save file. ?

As in my game obviously I made certain decisions that I'd like to keep in the continuity

I don't think so. If you don't have a previous save file I think it bases it on random choices from Season 1 (don't know if that's random each time, or a predetermined random set which would be the same for everyone who picks that)

Can you get someone to email your save file to you or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

MartinTWD_ wrote: »
    A member of the Telltale staff posted this over on the Telltale forums.

Screw it lads, im changing my region to UK to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not looking good for XBOX at all, very weird

http://www.clickonline.com/games/xbox-360-version-of-the-walking-dead-season-2-not-scheduled-for-release-in-ireland/21811/

Telltale’s Mike responded to one forum user who asked when the game would be released in Ireland on Xbox 360 by stating, “We currently do not have it scheduled to release in Ireland. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.” When pushed for more information and asked if it’s coming to Ireland or New Zealand at all, he responded with, “New Zealand and Ireland currently do not have scheduled releases at this time.”We have reached out to Telltale Games to find out why the Season opener has been delayed on Xbox 360 in Ireland and when Irish players might be able to get their hands on Season 2 Episode 1: All That Remains. - See more at: http://www.clickonline.com/games/xbox-360-version-of-the-walking-dead-season-2-not-scheduled-for-release-in-ireland/21811/#sthash.rhKuK2as.dpuf

• Advertisement

Really thats the most bizarre thing I've seen in a while, they can't cite licensing as it's out on other platforms here.

I would say there was some issue with microsoft but then they have it available for all other EU + US people. Whats so different with Ireland and New Zealand then I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Not looking good for XBOX at all, very weird

What a fupping disaster.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah. Im pretty annoyed at Telltale for not releasing it in Ireland with the rest of the world. Im gonna wait until Saturday-Sunday for it to come out in Ireland, and if it doesn't come out by then, im going to get pretty annoyed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    ...and if it doesn't come out by then, im going to get pretty annoyed! :(

Get emailing them. Or tweet them.

It's just bizarre to just leave out Ireland, it's not like we are Germany or Australia with their strict censorship.

Yeah I mean with season 1, it was just a give that it would be a week late for Euro PSN for whatever reason and New Zealand seems to be getting hammered with all PSN stuff (lots of free games not available in NZ) but MS Ireland really should release some kind of a statement for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Ireland last to get something. Shock horror.

I'm going to keep tweeting them.

Absolutely absurd to be honest.

Well that was just class! Did anyone
    burn the photo of Lee
    at the start? If so, the game should uninstall itself so you can't play it anymore!
    I didn't know the dogs name was Sam, I take it ye got that from checking his collar?

Ditto the other comments, too many easy choices but I still found myself with my mouth hanging open at a good few points in the episode.
    I saved Christa, mercy killed the dog and accepted Nicks apology.

I refused the guy water, he has Christa and took my bag. Last person who took my bag killed Omid so f*ck that, no more nice Clem!

I went to Nick, Pete was already a gonner. Who does Clem see at the end!!!

It's great how Melissa Hutchison was able to give Clem a more grown up voice. Loved the line 'Who's baby is it?' with the manacing smile. Screw Rebecca!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yeah I'd echo the above, probably not the most difficult of choices but it was a very solid episode with some standout moments and sets it up nicely for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. Seeing
    Clementine grimace and squirm as she stitched/mutilated her own arm was.....pretty gruesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ahh they did it again.....as with The wolf among us
    Those stupid "He will remember that" messages popping up in game...with no option to turn them off.
    The option was there in Season 1, it completely ruins it and takes you out of the game...as you start thinking 'did I make the wrong choice, do I need to reload and do that part again... etc etc' instead of just going with your gut and continuing the story. It loses the immersion

Also, first episode was quite short...and I was annoyed at being made to sit through 'credits'...Ctrl+Alt+Del

Aside from that, the story was very good.

The
    Dog attack
    made me jump though, unexpected...and
    was slightly disappointed in the dog too

• Advertisement

You can turn that off. At the main menu, options, gameplay. Something like standard and minimal. Standard is everything 'he will remember that bla bla' so just choose the other one. I agree, hate knowing what people think about my decisions.

You've always been able to turn that off.

Standard or Minimal UI are the options. When you start a new game you get that prompt and it's explained fairly well.....and you can even turn it on or off in the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Any news on The Walking Dead: Season 2 coming to Xbox Live in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Any news on The Walking Dead: Season 2 coming to Xbox Live in Ireland?

New post from Telltale support says that Xbox 360 will have it early in the new year:
    We can confirm that The Walking Dead: Season Two will be coming to Russia and New Zealand on PlayStation 3 and to Ireland, Russia, and New Zealand on Xbox 360. A late-breaking issue with ratings submission in these countries meant the season premiere could not coincide with other regions, but rest assured they'll have Season Two early in the new year. We appreciate the patience of those who've been waiting to play the season premiere on their preferred platform.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/54760/the-walking-dead-season-two-on-ps3-and-xbox-360-in-ireland-russia-nz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

The new year?

That's a joke, i'm sorry.

Ratings submissions? What possible reason could a ratings board have for objecting to the game.
    Dog death? It's common in a lot of games. Christa's implied baby loss? You don't see it and it's not discussed.
    The fact that Clementine is a child and suffers? Well that's not much different to season 1 and that was okay.

This sounds vey suspect to me.

Id say spoiler some of that post for our poor xbox friends who won't get to play it for a while.

Can't see how it could be ratings issues considering it was released on PS3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Penn wrote: »
    Can't see how it could be ratings issues considering it was released on PS3

Could it be XBL has an Irish registered offshoot or something like that (or because MS have a base here), and telltale discovered some last minute paperwork that wasn't needed for PSN or Steam.

Just pure speculation on my part but some obscure additional red tape does seem the most likely explaination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Kirby wrote: »
    None of the 400 days guys showed up yet.

Not entirely true.
    Roman was in it. He's the dead body Clementine inspects at the river.. the one shot in the face

Advertisement