Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Credit Union

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Theclockface

And just for good measure because life has a way of kicking a town when it's down, the parish saving club is being dis-banded in the next month or so due to a change in legislation.

Now Newbridge will be bereft of a credit union and a saving club.

Our new councillor WC needs to look into his heart and mind and realise what he and his band of numb-skulls did when they frightened off Naas CU when they went to their open meeting and intimidated them into not voting to take over the Newbridge common bond area.

It's disgusting what has been done to this town. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Diego messi

And just for good measure because life has a way of kicking a town when it's down, the parish saving club is being dis-banded in the next month or so due to a change in legislation.

Now Newbridge will be bereft of a credit union and a saving club.

Our new councillor WC needs to look into his heart and mind and realise what he and his band of numb-skulls did when they frightened off Naas CU when they went to their open meeting and intimidated them into not voting to take over the Newbridge common bond area.

It's disgusting what has been done to this town. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi mick
    Does anyone know when the former member of the board of NCU is bringing out her book on what happened in ncu? And how it's supposed to be everyone else fault except the board of management of ncu on the demise of the institution?
    Also the monies that was raised for their campaign whatever happened to it. I often wonder if those books were ever audited!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Hi mick
    Does anyone know when the former member of the board of NCU is bringing out her book on what happened in ncu? And how it's supposed to be everyone else fault except the board of management of ncu on the demise of the institution?
    Also the monies that was raised for their campaign whatever happened to it. I often wonder if those books were ever audited!

I've no idea when the book is due although i had heard of it. Think it will have to be filed under fiction at the local library. Thankfully I never gave any money to the save the credit union fund.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi mick

I believed the guff from the save CU crowd for a long time. I took it to be inside info. Once I read the full report, I changed my tune. Would'nt believe a single word out of any of them.

As for the money. I don't remember any collection for campaign. The campaign itself was a local election issue for Willie Crowley. Were these interlinked monetarily ? A genuine question before the mod here jumps down my post.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I believed the guff from the save CU crowd for a long time. I took it to be inside info. Once I read the full report, I changed my tune. Would'nt believe a single word out of any of them.

As for the money. I don't remember any collection for campaign. The campaign itself was a local election issue for Willie Crowley. Were these interlinked monetarily ? A genuine question before the mod here jumps down my post.

Hi Damien,
    I think the question you pose is a valid one. I was at few of those meetings and I do recall an appeal for monies. The chairperson did say any leftover funds would go to local charities. I do not know if that was the case. This was also announced on local radio.
    My statement whether if the books were ever audited, I don't think those books will ever see the light of day!

• Advertisement

mickmac76 wrote: »
    I've no idea when the book is due although i had heard of it. Think it will have to be filed under fiction at the local library. Thankfully I never gave any money to the save the credit union fund.

Mick.
    ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒
    It's sure to be in line for the Booker prize best fiction category!!Can't wait to pop down to newbridge library to get a copy!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Is the CU open tomorrow or do I need to go to the bank building?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is the CU open tomorrow or do I need to go to the bank building?

CU is going to a new building but not sure when. Kilkenny CU is underwriting according to Action Group.

Naas refused to open local office or support local Newbridge events/charities. Tullamore was on the cards but they got their IT system hacked. Kilkenny agreed to open local office and support local events.

You are still free to join any CU as rule whereby you had to stay within your catchment area was pulled by central bank.

Based on this but cannot find this referenced anywhere on central bank documents https://www.facebook.com/pages/Droichead-Nua-Credit-Union-Founding-Group/394036890730223

All of the above is info via Willie Crowley as of last week. It is apparently publicly available info but I have searched central bank/Kilkenny/Newbridge CU sites to no avail. Please do not attack this post on basis of willie Crowley and your feelings about same (note to mod ! )

Advertisement