Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo trainers compatible with Strava?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Is there a turbo trainer currently on the market that supports strava does anyone know? Or is the cheapest option a Garmin and a normal turbo trainer?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

You can manually enter training data into strava if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Yes Garmin works well on a turbo with Strava.

I am KOM of cycling on the spot in my shed after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

You can upload a ride as a "stationary ride", so any turbo trainer.

When you mean compatible, do you mean one that will report on segments?

In your house?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    You can upload a ride as a "stationary ride", so any turbo trainer.

When you mean compatible, do you mean one that will report on segments?

In your house?

?

I suppose you *could* get a KOM cycling up your stairs. I rode down mine before #didn'tEndWell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't want Beasty turning up at my front door just because there is a tailwind on my turbo trainer that evening, I have enough time getting onto any kind leaderboard as it is.

If you want to "earn achievements", a turbo trainer is not the place for it. It's a means to an end, a way to get some training in when the weather is bad, time is short or you feel like riding in a pair of shorts and a headband.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

tunney wrote: »
    I suppose you *could* get a KOM cycling up your stairs. I rode down mine before #didn'tEndWell
    You can get downhill KOMs as well you know ...

Anyway OP, I think you need a VR trainer then you can race against yourself 'till your heart's content (or possibly against tunney in his renowned shed)

Now I need to work out if I can download a route onto the Tacx then set a KOM on the VR and upload the ride onto Strava...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My strava is perfect, last night it recorded that I gained 3m elevation during my spin. Also it recorded a "map" showing the distances I travelled.
    All this on a turbo.

Garmin and strava are your answer. Oh and a bike and turbo :D

Advertisement