Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor grass - repair or replace?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I've only recently started paying attention to our gardens and I have the front one under control but the small back garden is a disaster and I don't know where to start.

Grass turf was laid a few years ago but was neglected (had pets at the time) and is now very patchy with lots of weeds, nettles and moss. I'd love to get it back and start looking after it properly but not sure what to do?

Would it be worth sowing some grass seed on top of what's there? I dread the thoughts of having to dig it all up and start again.

Any advice welcome, thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you say there's lots of moss; does the rear lawn get much sunlight, and does it waterlog easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mocos

There's moss down one side along a wall that wouldn't get much light. It's a north facing back garden but doesn't waterlog much.

Advertisement