Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on using Netgear router alongside Zyxel modem/router

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me out.
    I'm a new eircom broadband customer and would like to use my existing Netgear N900 router (no dsl connection) with the Zyxel modem router.

I believe it should be possible - just using the Zyxel in bridge mode.

Can you tell me what settings i would need to make on the Zyxel, and also confirm the eircom broadband settings that i would need to input into the Netgear?

Thanks in advance.

Velo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Which Zyxel?
    From what I remember, there is a checkbox in the WAN settings to put it into bridged mode.
    On your Netgear, you just plug the WAN port into one of the switchports in the Zyxel, and make sure the WAN IP configuration is the same as your Zyxel (static/dynamic configuration etc)
    The DSL configuration is done on the Zyxel, so you don't need to worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

gerryk wrote: »
    Which Zyxel?
    From what I remember, there is a checkbox in the WAN settings to put it into bridged mode.
    On your Netgear, you just plug the WAN port into one of the switchports in the Zyxel, and make sure the WAN IP configuration is the same as your Zyxel (static/dynamic configuration etc)
    The DSL configuration is done on the Zyxel, so you don't need to worry about that.
    It's the Zyxel D1000 modem/router.
    I still need to punch in the Eircom settings (PPOE) etc into the netgear internet settings page though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Nope... that's a function of the DSL modem on the Zyxel device.

gerryk wrote: »
    Nope... that's a function of the DSL modem on the Zyxel device.
    Thanks Gerry.

So i turn off the Wifi on the Zyxel then and just use the Netgear (which is what i want to do)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Thanks Gerry.So i turn off the Wifi on the Zyxel then and just use the Netgear (which is what i want to do)?
    Hi Mr Velo,

Is possible but is not recommended or supported directly by eircom.

However it is possible (At your own discretion)

Would you like to PM me your email address and I will send the manual onto you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Mr Velo,

Is possible but is not recommended or supported directly by eircom.

However it is possible (At your own discretion)

Would you like to PM me your email address and I will send the manual onto you.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey,

PM Sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Thanks Tracey,PM Sent.
    Perfect thank you.

I have sent that to you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement