Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom discount offer-vulnerable user scheme

Options
  • 31-07-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just received a call from an eircom rep offering me a discount on my calls  if I am willing to stay with eircom for the next six months.

Caller insisted that the weekend package would save me money. However, as I am on the vulnerable user scheme, which includes currently 8 Euro of daytime/national/international calls which I rarely go over it would not. She did not seem to be aware that there were any inclusive minutes in the VUS at all.

I insisted that I wanted to stay on this scheme. The rep then offered me 10 Euro off my next bill and five off the following months if I would stay with eircom. I asked if I could stay on the scheme and they said I could. I asked if this offer could be sent to me in writing. She said she couldn't send a letter, but would email me with the details and get back to me within a few days.

I just want to triple check that this offer is legit and that I will definitely not be moved off the vulnerable user scheme. The evening/weekend packages are no use to me as I make a very low number off calls and 80 percent off those are during peak hours. Could you confirm this for me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sunbeam wrote: »
    Hi, I just received a call from an eircom rep offering me a discount on my calls if I am willing to stay with eircom for the next six months.Caller insisted that the weekend package would save me money. However, as I am on the vulnerable user scheme, which includes currently 8 Euro of daytime/national/international calls which I rarely go over it would not. She did not seem to be aware that there were any inclusive minutes in the VUS at all.I insisted that I wanted to stay on this scheme. The rep then offered me 10 Euro off my next bill and five off the following months if I would stay with eircom. I asked if I could stay on the scheme and they said I could. I asked if this offer could be sent to me in writing. She said she couldn't send a letter, but would email me with the details and get back to me within a few days.I just want to triple check that this offer is legit and that I will definitely not be moved off the vulnerable user scheme. The evening/weekend packages are no use to me as I make a very low number off calls and 80 percent off those are during peak hours. Could you confirm this for me please?
    Hi sunbeam,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will check this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

PM sent :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sunbeam wrote: »
    PM sent :-)
    Thanks for those details.

I have sent you a PM there :-)

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement