Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Top 10 Palaeontologists

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I am not sure Peculiar quite covers it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Fun read :B I didn`t know Cope was such a racist old man... although I guess that was the usual back in the day. I have a book in which its said that Marsh actually would refer to Cope as the "Monstrum horrendum" :pac:

But hey, what about the crazy-ass Transylvanian Baron Franz Nopcsa, who was not only a paleontologist but also tried to become king of a country, or Paul Sereno who has given us some of the weirdest and craziest dinos of the last decades?

PS- I really hope you were joking when you said that palaeontologists are even more awesome than the dinosaurs themselves--- :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    But hey, what about the crazy-ass Transylvanian Baron Franz Nopcsa, who was not only a paleontologist but also tried to become king of a country

I have never heard of him before, but he sounds awesome!
    , or Paul Sereno who has given us some of the weirdest and craziest dinos of the last decades?

He's far too psychologically bbalanced for my liking :P
    PS- I really hope you were joking when you said that palaeontologists are even more awesome than the dinosaurs themselves--- :eek:

Well, maybe Bakker...

There was also Thomas Jefferson, palaeontologist / United States President.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

You could also argue that Leonardo Da Vinci was the first paleontologist (even before paleontology was a thing)... and he was definitely crazy :pac:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/vinci.html

Advertisement