Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 31-07-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    soon we going to move to Dun L. We are looking for an one bed apartment. Daft does not show much. Is there any newspaper?
    Greetings from Germany

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Daft.ie is the best site to use for looking for rentals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Daft, Myhome.ie are two of the best bets. There are local newspapers, but I personally think the websites are better.

Are you thinking of Buying or Renting? Is it for Work? Does it have to be in Dun L, or will a short walking distance do? There are multiple apartment blocks around Dun L that always seem to be To Let, or for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Daft.ie>Lettings>Advanced Search>Location=Co. Dublin>Apartment>min and max 1 bed

THat should find everything. Then go to map view and zoom into dun laoghaire. Don't put dun laoghaire in the area list search as some estate agents don't accurately fill that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

OP - If you provide more information, people may be able to advise better..

Why Dun Laoghaire?
    Where will you be working?
    What are your transport requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Agree with above advice, Dun Laoghaire is very well served by public transport with the Dart and the 46A (bus) so you can afford to cast the net pretty wide and I'm sure you'll come up with something. Sandycove/Glasthule/Monkstown for example are lovely places to live in and are only one stop away on the Dart though rents would be higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Be careful of whether the area is actually Dun Laoghaire proper or just with the postcode. Pottery Road/Macintosh Park/parts of Rochestown Avenue area all have a Dun Laoghaire address but are a long, long, long way from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, Dun Laoghaire is a mature well-developed area so there isn't gong to be many one-bedroom apartments available in the private rental sector and any that are advertised may turn out to be nothing more than a bedsit in an older house with wooden floors and tarted up as an 'apartment'.

I'd cast the net wider if I was you and you might also consider a two-bed apartment and get someone to share because if you do get a one-bedroom apartment anywhere, it's likely to have been built in the last 10 years and will be a glorified closet with paper-thin walls.

Advertisement