Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 signal boosters?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys
    recently bought an iphone 5 and for some reason the call keeps dropping? im with o2 and the calls can drop with 3 bars signal.
    Is there anything i can buy to boost signal and solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

That happened to me!

How I fixed it was to ring 02, who will claim the problem is the phone, send you a replacement phone, then it still won't work, so you threaten to take your business elsewhere, and then they fix it.

Is the cell reception in your area otherwise pretty good?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

banquo wrote: »
    That happened to me!

How I fixed it was to ring 02, who will claim the problem is the phone, send you a replacement phone, then it still won't work, so you threaten to take your business elsewhere, and then they fix it.

Is the cell reception in your area otherwise pretty good?

Yep dad switched to Vodafone and the receiption is perfect! I am in the country but I mean calls drop with 2-3 bars signal! Very annoying

Anyone able to shed some light for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Shanew14 wrote: »
    Yep dad switched to Vodafone and the receiption is perfect! I am in the country but I mean calls drop with 2-3 bars signal! Very annoying

Doubt they meant was the reception good on other networks. Is the reception for O2 generally good?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Think it's just the 5 Ariel isn't that good! I'm in the country side too and it's always dropping calls yet we are 2km from mast! Also drops wifi tells me none available yet the wife is alongside me with her 4s with strong connection to our wifi!!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I've noticed a vast improvement on my iPhone 5 signal with three since I installed the iOS 7 beta 4,

So hopefully it's going to improve everyone's signal when it comes out.

Ah ok hopefully! thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

To me it sounds like you could have a dodgy iPhone 5. Does the 4S have any problems with dropping calls? If that's connecting to Wifi, and making calls perfectly then it could be down to the iPhone 5. Maybe look into getting it replaced.

Advertisement