Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a hardtail, reasonable price

Options
  • 31-07-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've recently started getting into mountain biking, however I don't have a bike of my own. A good few of my friends go mountain biking regularly, so I borrow a friend's old hardtail, but it is slightly too big for me. I'm only 5'4" and he is about 5'10". Also, I would need a women's bike. I know from them that Cube, Canyon, Specialized and Giant are good brands, but I don't really know about models. I want to ask around and get outside opinions before asking my friends, which is why I came to this site. :)

Any suggestions on what bike to get, and where to get one in Dublin? I have just a little over €1000 euro saved up, however I'm only 17, still in secondary school and am currently looking for part time work so I dont have the means to go over my budget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Sarah :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The bike size would be dependant on your inside leg measurement but I'd be guessing something around 16", again just confirm that through your inside leg measurement. Google bike size and you'll find loads of size guides but also most manufactures give you a stand over height.

All the brands listed are good but I wouldn't get so bogged down with a woman's model as the main difference is usually just shorter stem and saddle and its easier to get good deals on men's bikes.

I'm not familiar with shops in Dublin but Canyon are only available online and nothing wrong with buying online:

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3003

Lovely bike for the money....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have a Cube Ltd Pro I got almost 3 years ago now, use it for a short commute to college daily, and use it for mountain biking. Bike is still in excellent condition.

I was paying cash so got mine for about €930 which is a decent discount off the list price. I would highly recommend them.

Word to the wise though, if your buying a decent bike, make sure you have the money for very good quality locks such as good kryptonite u lock etc. An expensive bike is a target.

Advertisement