Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for entry to Dublin City Triathlon Olympic

Options
  • 31-07-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Need an entry for the Olympic Distance in the Dublin City Triathlon on the 25th of August.

Closing date for transfers is 10th of August.

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

I have one available if you still need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

I have one available if you still need one.

Great, many thanks. Will drop you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

If there are any more I am in need of one too, not for me but a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 npmurph

I need one too after "68 Lost Souls" is sorted. Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 keithbrowne1

On the off chance a spot comes up after npmurph gets one id be interested too. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Not sure but I don't think DCT are allowing race transfers except via their official waiting list, which I gather has quite a lot of people on it already. That's what they're saying on their FB page anyway

Not sure but I don't think DCT are allowing race transfers except via their official waiting list, which I gather has quite a lot of people on it already. That's what they're saying on their FB page anyway

Hmmm....their FAQ says it's okay until 10th of August.

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/faq#Q.19

Cool, i'm sure you'll find out one way or the other when you try to transfer an entry, but this is what they put up on the facebook page:

Dublin City Triathlon

July 26 near Dublin.

PLEASE NOTE ..........The race is sold out completely. The waiting list was closed at 50 names and we could have doubled it. The top 2 or 3 on the list will be lucky if they get an entry. The rest will not. You cannot do transfers to a club mate. PLEASE do not send emails requesting entries as we just don't have any more. Please come back in 2014 and enter early to avoid disappointment.
    Race Director Johnny Wallnutt

Balls - thanks for the update. Will see how this works out!
    Cool, i'm sure you'll find out one way or the other when you try to transfer an entry, but this is what they put up on the facebook page:

Dublin City Triathlon

July 26 near Dublin.

PLEASE NOTE ..........The race is sold out completely. The waiting list was closed at 50 names and we could have doubled it. The top 2 or 3 on the list will be lucky if they get an entry. The rest will not. You cannot do transfers to a club mate. PLEASE do not send emails requesting entries as we just don't have any more. Please come back in 2014 and enter early to avoid disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Dublin City Triathlon

July 26 near Dublin.

The way it read to me was transfers are not aloud within a club but to someone not in the same club it would be ok?

• Advertisement

The way it read to me was transfers are not aloud within a club but to someone not in the same club it would be ok?

The way I read it was that they already have a waiting list in place so, to be fair, they are allocating any entry transfers to people on this waiting list in the first instance. I think the fact that it mentions club members specifically is because they are assuming that this is the most likely way that you will transfer your entry. It would seem a bit unlikely to me that they would ban transfer between club mates but allow free transfer of entries to anyone else. Doesn't mean it's not possible though.

Would be interested to know what way it's actually working though so let us know how you get on Stioffan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

<MOD HAT ON>While the race website clearly states that transfers are allowed, Johns (race director) post on the Facebook page last Friday is saying otherwise, and I'm taking this as the most up to date position. Therefore as transfers are not allowed, this thread is closed.<MOD HAT OFF> :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement