Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor FM Radio Reception

Options
  • 31-07-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have a radio/CD player with no aerial (only a wired FM antenna) with a very poor radio reception.
    Is there any way to improve the radio reception - maybe connect the FM antenna to something else in order to improve the reception?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

have you tried getting the antenna as high up as possible, away from power cables, close to window?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DanJ

martinsvi wrote: »
    have you tried getting the antenna as high up as possible, away from power cables, close to window?
    Yes I tried this but still I get a poor reception. Can the FM antenna be connected to an aerial or something else to improve the reception?

what make/model is your radio and where are you located?

martinsvi wrote: »
    what make/model is your radio and where are you located?

It's a Bush Flat Panel Micro HIFI and I'm located in the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

if the aerial can be extended, try touching it against the exposed metal if a radiator valve. that'll give you the full central heating system (assuming you don't have plastic pipes) as an antenna......

• Advertisement

if the aerial can be extended, try touching it against the exposed metal if a radiator valve. that'll give you the full central heating system (assuming you don't have plastic pipes) as an antenna......

There's no aerial on the radio, just an wire FM antenna...

well you can use that - just take off the insulation from the tip of the wire and put it to some metal surface as suggested by martinedwards

Advertisement