Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a supportive caring Doctor

Options
  • 31-07-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I am moving back to Greystones and am looking for a male or female Doctor within the area.

I have just recently come through Testicular Cancer and am looking for a real gem of a Doctor... someone who cares, listens, is supportive and doesn't try to get rid of you quickly.

I did some research already, but thought someone might know of a specific Doctor.

I would appreciate any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

i'm pretty new to the area and have found the quality of doctors in this area not that greatest to be honest.
    One thing i will say is tha doctors in Charlesland(both female)defo don't rush you out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

i'm pretty new to the area and have found the quality of doctors in this area not that greatest to be honest.
    One thing i will say is tha doctors in Charlesland(both female)defo don't rush you out the door.
    Yep, I switched to Charlesland Medical shortly after it opened and find the doctors to be sympathetic and understanding and they also have patience in abundance (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Dr Bishop at Newtown v good

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Dr Bishop at Newtown v good

+1 He was our family doctor for years. Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have met I think 4 of the doctors at Carrig Clinic - can't rate them all highly enough, especially after my one experience at another unnamed clinic - felt more like I was mugged there - "give us the money now get out can't you see there's sick kids here?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aynneone

Absolutely support the advice of the doctors in Charlesland, and from a personal preference Catherine Allan... and I would go as far as to say Anne Stanley sent you lol.. Shes the first doctor in 50 years who has taken the time to listen to me.. she understands, and you never feel rushed, even my partner who is no fan of doctors and who Catherine helped through skin cancer last year thinks shes great.. Hope that helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

Yes would second Catherine Allan in the Charlesland surgery. Lovely lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Rosina1969 wrote: »
    Yes would second Catherine Allan in the Charlesland surgery. Lovely lovely person.

Been going to Greystones Medical Centre all my life and always found them great. A couple of our family doctors are now retired and i find the new guys great as well. Never feel rushed but having said that, to be fair to other customers, I don't hang around any longer then needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Swanner wrote: »
    Been going to Greystones Medical Centre all my life and always found them great. A couple of our family doctors are now retired and i find the new guys great as well. Never feel rushed but having said that, to be fair to other customers, I don't hang around any longer then needed.

only negative is the girl on reception is a little sharp and grumpy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

only negative is the girl on reception is a little sharp and grumpy imo

Do you mean in Charlesland Medical Centre, Bob (ref. your previous post too)? It's just I find the receptionists in Greystones Medical Centre really nice (greet me by name etc.) but found the girl in Charlesland abrupt and quite rude, put me off going back there to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

i have no doctor in greystones, i am very ill indeed and no one would take me. i made the mistake of telling them my many conditions and basically i was run out. asked 'how many times would you visit the clinic' by the doctor in charlesland. she then told me she would 'consult with her colleague' she did so and i got a phone call to say 'given all your conditions, we are affraid we would be unable to give you the attention you may need.' in other words, too much for us you are a medical card holder.' i go to fabulous Dr. Peter Marshall, in bray. a long drive for a sickie but he is so so kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rockds

Thanks so much guys.

Went to see Dr. Allen and she's amazing!! Just what I've been looking for :-)

Thanks again

Advertisement