Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill/efibre appointment

Options
  • 31-07-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 2 questions/complaints:

1. After much hassle with my order, I was eventually moved back from Smart over to eircom for efibre. As you know this involves moving to eircom broadband first. When I got my first bill recently, it included a connection charge. Yet it clearly says online that switching back to eircom is free. How does having a connection charge make it free and why was I charged this?

2. I was due to have an appointment yetserday morning to connect my efibre. So I took a half day off work(part of my annual vacation days) to wait for the engineer but no one turned up. I had received the letter, text and call saying it was the morning of July 30th and I waited in the house until after 1pm as the letter said between 9 and 1. So I ended up getting to work later than planned. I had no communication to say they were running late or anything.
    I phoned eircom afterward and was told they would look into it and get back to me in about 5 days. Why it takes 5 days to find out why an engineer didn't turn up, I don't know. And as I've been witing on callbacks from eircom multiple times before with only receiving a call a couple of those many times, I figure I might actually get a response here.

Could someone please help me out with these 2 issues?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hi,I have 2 questions/complaints:1. After much hassle with my order, I was eventually moved back from Smart over to eircom for efibre. As you know this involves moving to eircom broadband first. When I got my first bill recently, it included a connection charge. Yet it clearly says online that switching back to eircom is free. How does having a connection charge make it free and why was I charged this?2. I was due to have an appointment yetserday morning to connect my efibre. So I took a half day off work(part of my annual vacation days) to wait for the engineer but no one turned up. I had received the letter, text and call saying it was the morning of July 30th and I waited in the house until after 1pm as the letter said between 9 and 1. So I ended up getting to work later than planned. I had no communication to say they were running late or anything.I phoned eircom afterward and was told they would look into it and get back to me in about 5 days. Why it takes 5 days to find out why an engineer didn't turn up, I don't know. And as I've been witing on callbacks from eircom multiple times before with only receiving a call a couple of those many times, I figure I might actually get a response here.Could someone please help me out with these 2 issues?Thanks
    Hi CastorTroy,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your order.

Would you like to PM me your account details and I will look to this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement