Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couponing

• 31-07-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm new to this couponing and would love any advice on how to find best deals for household/everyday/shopping items.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

I'm new too, but i find it extremely hard to find any online coupon offers except for pigsback, which never have a huge selection. The only good ones i get is from the stores mailing itself, they send me things i usually buy on occasions i get stuff i never buy but if i see a good deal and think i'll use it then i buy it. But then i only get that every few months! But i did get a good mailing of coupons the other week and its helping me out with my shopping this week and mostly on offer aswell so hopefully they take the coupons. I've worked out this weeks shopping which i usually spend 70-80 upwards not looking for deals or just throwing random stuff in. By just looking and doing the list from online and add up the cost i have gotten it down to 36 euro and thats for a good chunk of stuff. Very impressed with that! plus its less than i spend in lidl!

(What i have been doing is going onto shop sites that do home delivery, i check the deals they have and when its ending, and i get all the deals when i go shopping then, and if a product isn't on sale and i don't badly need it then i'll wait till it goes on offer if i can. Its quite time consuming but worth it with the savings you get from it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BredaB

Hi Tinkerbell, the shop sites that do home delivery is a great idea, my Sunday morning is now planned for scouring the internet. I will post if I come across anything of interest.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

My one huge tip is to never buy toiletries in supermarkets! Always go to boots or superdrug and buy in bulk when they're on deal. Even when they're not on deal it's rare that they're not cheaper than supermarkets. It's no harm buying your shampoo, deodrants, creams etc in bulk as you'll be using them anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    My one huge tip is to never buy toiletries in supermarkets! Always go to boots or superdrug and buy in bulk when they're on deal. Even when they're not on deal it's rare that they're not cheaper than supermarkets. It's no harm buying your shampoo, deodrants, creams etc in bulk as you'll be using them anyways!

I find the euro shops (EuroGiant, Dealz) quite good for toiletries too, especially stuff like toothpaste which always seems to be way cheaper in the euro shops over Tesco for brands like Colgate, etc.

Also, if anyone uses Head and Shoulders shampoo, Tesco's own brand Pro Formula Anti Dandruff is nearly the exact same product and it's about €3 or €4 cheaper per bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

I find the euro shops (EuroGiant, Dealz) quite good for toiletries too, especially stuff like toothpaste which always seems to be way cheaper in the euro shops over Tesco for brands like Colgate, etc.

Also, if anyone uses Head and Shoulders shampoo, Tesco's own brand Pro Formula Anti Dandruff is nearly the exact same product and it's about €3 or €4 cheaper per bottle.

Yes I find the Euro shops fantastic too for these items, but I've found that you have to be really careful as most of the bigger stores like boots etc are aware of this now and have marked them under the Dealz/Euro Store Prices e.g €1.50 when on sale. You have to watch the prices and be aware of sizes of bottles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jackdebs1

hey everyone just got new coupons good ones too
    there are 3 on the dolmios home page all 50c off ,actimel 1.00 off and this is on sale at the min in tescos , dennys ham 1.00 off there all on there website......
    enjoy...

also if you have a baby under one go on to the cow and gate website and sign up you get coupons in the post and if you get other people to do it to but give your address you will get more like i got my mum and brother to sign up to and i got 3 i the post today.... i got the new pots of little gorm 2 in a pack for free so with the 3 coupons that 6 pots for free which should be 12.00.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Hi folks I was in my local aldi this evening and the couple ahead of me had what appeared to be aldi vouchers from a newspaper. I asked the checkout girl what paper they were from.. She said "oh one of the Sunday papers" anyone any ideas? I've done a google search and have found aldi uk have done vouchers in daily mail before but can't find anything for ROI. Anyone have any Sunday newspapers lying around to check? We've none..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ah..... Thanks for that. We do a lot of shopping in aldi ... Might see if FIL has that paper still...

• Advertisement

went to dunnes to do me weekly shop came to 88.87 with all me coupons I got it for 57.20 saved 31.00 I felt like I won the lotto lol

anyone got any codes from the mc vits packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Chloe47

jackdebs1 wrote: »
    went to dunnes to do me weekly shop came to 88.87 with all me coupons I got it for 57.20 saved 31.00 I felt like I won the lotto lol

Where do u get your coupons? Im looking every where but havent found many

Chloe47 wrote: »
    Where do u get your coupons? Im looking every where but havent found many

hey there is a few sites at the min pigsback is ok then you have to look up the sites you might use like at the min there are ones on dolmios, actimel,a few on pigsback if you have a dunnes or tescos club card use them all together dunnes gave me two pages of coupons as well you will get more off in the dunnes i got 8 euro off a 40 euro shop then i had me points whice was 11 euro thats 19 euro before i even started using me coupons remember bring all your coupons shopping as there might be a deal you missed and one more thing look in the reduced stock there is normally one in every shop i had a coupon for persil non bio which you can use on any tabs as well they where in the reduced stock for 3.00 and i had a 1.00 off keep it up it can be done good luck

new coupon on lrish deal for barrys tea 1.oo off enjoy

Anyone using the next €15 euro off vouchers? I got them in store.. 15 off online when u spend 30. I did this 4 times for kids clothes the other night.. 4 diff cards 4 diff email addresses... Delighted with it. Got conf on dispatch of 3 orders they might have snagged me on the 4th.. No sign of email .. I had used that email addr for them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Just to let you all know that there is a FB page called Vouch for You Ireland you might like to take a look at and Like we can all do with a bit of help finding the coupons :)

new coupons on pigsback for butter and persil which is on sale in tescos for 4.95 so you will get it for 3.95

Advertisement