Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc and callan council estate kenmare

Options
  • 31-07-2013 5:20pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi does anyone know about the pairc and callan estate in kenmare being allocated by the council - I was about to pay a deposit for a house in this estate and I am not sure now as I am leaving my current estate in cork due to trouble from the council moving people in - its gone very rough - I was going to kenmare for a safer environment for my child and buying this house would be all of my savings.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tiphareth wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know about the pairc and callan estate in kenmare being allocated by the council - I was about to pay a deposit for a house in this estate and I am not sure now as I am leaving my current estate in cork due to trouble from the council moving people in - its gone very rough - I was going to kenmare for a safer environment for my child and buying this house would be all of my savings.

As far as I know, every estate has an allocation for council houses. I don't know how much of a percentage that is though. Unfortunately it can bring problems, I know from where I live we had no say in who they put in and while they aren't the worst, I would prefer they didn't live there!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Tiphareth

Yes, the estate I rent in now is large four bed detached expensive houses but because some of them were bought as investments now gone bad, the council bought one and moved a family in who are very large and troublesome, I've no problem with council tenants who are respectful of others, feel sorry for the people who paid a lot for their houses here though as they are all out working to pay for them and may as well not have bothered as they have no peace. But it seems to be a gamble wherever you go with all the empty and worthless houses lying around.

You should pick up a phone and ring an auctioneer in Kenmare. Or a Solicitor.

Or maybe search in the County Council to see if a register is kept.

Advertisement