Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

jharr100 wrote: »
    How could you sleep at night knowing your daughter and grandchildren are sleeping in a car . I just don't get it.

I missed the show, won't bother listening back. Did they mention the house (in Clare I think) that she left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

The family will still eligible for social housing if living in unsuitable conditions with relatives
    The problem is, and this man's daughter knows it, that if the council sees that they are living with relatives, than they will be far less inclined to do something for her than if she is seen to be in an emergency, desperate, situation - i.e. the "you're grand, you're staying with relatives, back of the queue for you", kind of response, condemning her and her children to stay in very overcrowded conditions for possibly a very long length of time.

The logic of people who do this (put their kids into cars) is the pain of staying in a car for a few nights vs the pain in staying in overcrowded relatives accommodation for a few months, if not years.

I don't condone it, but I do understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Shona Murray is no longer a reporter, she is a social justice warrior with a microphone. Why is she still reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

I agree. Totally unbalanced reporting. By the way, is it just me thinking it. Has Pat Kenny gone full libtard recently. He must have drank the kool-aid. I know, it's a massive change, but it looks like it has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's a section of the show I never listen to, but judging by the ads, whatever the book club are reading now is the worst book ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

'Libtards', 'social justice warriors'... it's not difficult to see the depths to which this discussion has sunk.

The idea that Pat Kenny is some leftist parrot has to be the most laughable notion I've encountered in the last few weeks. Pat never misses an opportunity to take a dig at the left in Ireland, consistently talks about how half the country want the other half to pay for everything apropos nothing and in spite of the facts.

Seriously, what kind of presenter do you people think would count as 'balanced'? Hannity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

'Libtards', 'social justice warriors'... it's not difficult to see the depths to which this discussion has sunk.

The idea that Pat Kenny is some leftist parrot has to be the most laughable notion I've encountered in the last few weeks. Pat never misses an opportunity to take a dig at the left in Ireland, consistently talks about how half the country want the other half to pay for everything apropos nothing and in spite of the facts.

Seriously, what kind of presenter do you people think would count as 'balanced'? Hannity?

So says a liberal lefty poster!
    Kenny in recent months must have had a transfusion from Moncrieff or Chris Coleman as he is not the balanced presenter he used to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

So says a liberal lefty poster!
    Kenny in recent months must have had a transfusion from Moncrieff or Chris Coleman as he is not the balanced presenter he used to be!

Everyone who has temerity to not share your world view gets labeled. It is utterly pathetic. Grow up, ffs.

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Everyone who has temerity to not share your world view gets labeled. It is utterly pathetic. Grow up, ffs.

I can comment how I want you and your buddies can give out about Hook and comment about anyone who doesn't fall in under your world view so I can give out about current Kenny or Moncrieff alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I get the impression that the right wing loons that post here seem to think that a discussion, just the mere discussion, on for example the history of women's rights or a conversation on gay weddings, means that the presenter is a leftie liberal. The world has passed them by.

Meanwhile on the stuff that actually matters, the media mainly comes from a centre right point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I listen to PK, it is usually interesting and I just zone out of the bad bits.

Then I listen to SOR on the radio app at night.

There is a reason for this. the Newstalk app is RUBBISH. Anyone else agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

And further to hotmail's post above, I often wonder what it is about this forum that attracts said loons. Is this the nearest they can get to posting in 'politics' because they've been banned from there?

I can comment how I want you and your buddies can give out about Hook and comment about anyone who doesn't fall in under your world view so I can give out about current Kenny or Moncrieff alright!
    So says a liberal lefty poster! Kenny in recent months must have had a transfusion from Moncrieff or Chris Coleman as he is not the balanced presenter he used to be!
    Maybe you should switch off until liberal lefty darling of the airwaves Moncrieff comes on if You don't like George!
    Newstalk has a 5 hour lefty/SJW agenda starting with Sean's show at 2pm followed by Chris and Sarah's Drivetime. Pat's the most balanced in the guests he has on. But you would wonder why posters listen to George and come on to his show thread and complain and make fun of him and tune into his show
    'm sure some liberal lefty on here would be jumping up and down on their keyboard if that had happened but hey if some minority group spokesman like Dr Ali Saleem says it that's ok with the right on hipster SJW's like yourself! There is more of us out there then you think!
    Fair play to Ian Doherty he takes a lot of abuse on Twitter and on his media appearances he did a great job on Claire Byrne two weeks ago and he had a great debate on Pat's show last year with some idiotic pro-migrant SJW professor from one of the Dublin Universities! And weather the SJW's who go on forums like this, twitter or Facebook there are the silent majority who agree with a lot of the points Ian makes!
    I'm sure some liberal lefty on here would be jumping up and down on their keyboard if that had happened but hey if some minority group spokesman like Dr Ali Saleem says it that's ok with the right on hipster SJW's like yourself! There is more of us out there then you think!

Do you notice a pattern here Snake?

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Do you notice a pattern here Snake?

Sad to see your obsessed with my posting on here!

Sad to see your obsessed with my posting on here!

Not half as sad as your posts Snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Moncrieff's justification for allowing unlimited immigration into Europe was this; my father is from Scotland and he was an immigrant too. SJW logic.

No, Newstalk..... Just NOOOOOOOOO:(:(:(

No, Newstalk..... Just NOOOOOOOOO:(:(:(

And it's for a couple of weeks too.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    And it's for a couple of weeks too.

Ah donie, dont play games... :( You cant be serious?

He's straight in to his Bart's People form of journalism.

Ah donie, dont play games... :( You cant be serious?

He's straight in to his Bart's People form of journalism.

I don't like to be the one who has to break news like this. And there's no easy way to say it...

He said at the start Pat's on his holidays.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't like to be the one who has to break news like this. And there's no easy way to say it... He said at the start Pat's on his holidays.

And MLOD with John Murray on the other channel. You know you have nightmares about something like this happening, but you never expect it to come true. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Pretty sure he said next week AND the week after!

I heard bits and pieces of it today and every single segment was predictably about something miserable.

Worse than Dil.

Pretty sure he said next week AND the week after!

I heard bits and pieces of it today and every single segment was predictably about something miserable.

Worse than Dil.

Confirmed! All this week, next week and the week after.

Heh.

more left wing rubbish from Healy this morning.

"You're assuming that the man is not looking for a job".

Well Jonathan if a person currently doesn't have a need to live in Dublin cos they are not working, then they can live outside Dublin. If they DO get a job they can move back to Dublin, and there might actually be somewhere to stay if they got a job working in Dublin if the people who arent working in Dublin were encouraged to live outside of Dublin...

Such cowardly broadcasting, afraid to offend anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You seem constantly offended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jonathan, Ian O'Doherry and Brenda Power talking about dog excrement this morning. Very apt.

lol.. Finian having a right go a Michael O'Regan for his "cynicism".

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

lol.. Finian having a right go a Michael O'Regan for his "cynicism".

O'Regan is a curmudgeon.

Jonathens interview with Mehreen Khan about feminism was as desperately ironic, a man chastising a woman for being a member of a faith where men discourage female independence. He may disagree with the tenets of Islam but he should at least respect her choice to practice as a Musliim

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Jonathan Healy has never missed a Robbie Williams concert in Ireland.

Big Take That fan too. What a surprise.

• Advertisement

Jonathan Healy has never missed a Robbie Williams concert in Ireland.

Big Take That fan too. What a surprise.

That makes him part of the problem.

Advertisement