Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Healy starts with a rant about inequality in the ministerial positions. Newstalk really should practice what they preach. Have a look through their own schedule and you dont see a lot of female faces. Particularly those "civil rights and equality" heroes on OTB, no one woman in the staff and still they continue to lecture us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,065 ✭✭✭✭neris

Healy starts with a rant about inequality in the ministerial positions. Newstalk really should practice what they preach. Have a look through their own schedule and you dont see a lot of female faces. Particularly those "civil rights and equality" heroes on OTB, no one woman in the staff and still they continue to lecture us.

they have dil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I only tune in to PK ocassionally so I'm wondering what's happening with his holliers. Are Yates and Healy taking turns to fill in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I only tune in to PK ocassionally so I'm wondering what's happening with his holliers. Are Yates and Healy taking turns to fill in?

His holidays are last week, this week & next week.

It's been Healy every day until today when Ivan is on.

Ahhhhhh Yates is just brilliant. The show is soo much better with Yates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah just caught a brief snatch of him talking about Grenfell Tower, seemed ultra-sharp and engaged. Champing at the bit for a regular weekday show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great to have him on talking about sex improves the mind for older people he asked the researcher are we talking about randy auld fellas or dried up auld ones :D

Also pulled up Shona Murray in an interview about DUP where she was interviewing a Member of SF, he basically called out Murray asking her did she ask any difficult questions to SF including why they are not playing their part by taking their seats in parliament, nervous laughter from Shona.

Anyone know if he is going to be on next week as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Pat is fine, Ivan is badly needed elsewhere - Breakfast or Drive. These stand-in stints have shown that he doesn't need Chris, he's actually much better on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Agreed. Pat and Ivan fine. Johnathan Healy is horrible. Very horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hate this BS they propagate.

Ministerial positions should be awarded based on experience and ability not one's gender.

• Advertisement

I hate this BS they propagate.

Ministerial positions should be awarded based on experience and ability not one's gender.

Wrong era for such rationality. Appearances are everything now. It is more important to be seen to follow an agenda then worry about doing the job right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Pat is fine, Ivan is badly needed elsewhere - Breakfast or Drive. These stand-in stints have shown that he doesn't need Chris, he's actually much better on his own.

I'd nearly put money on it that Ivan is being lined up to replace George in the not too distant future.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd nearly put money on it that Ivan is being lined up to replace George in the not too distant future.

Yeah, that could happen alright. I forgot That Ivan is dead set against going back to breakfast, the early starts were killing him. So that would leave lunchtime or drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Yeah, that could happen alright. I forgot That Ivan is dead set against going back to breakfast, the early starts were killing him. So that would leave lunchtime or drive.

And I must say, I had my doubts as to whether he could carry a show on his own, but he really seems to have stepped up his game. Caught bits of him covering for Pat and it was really good listening.

I'd personally like him and Chris to team up on Drive, but if he were to take Hook's slot (and give Hook back the Saturday Sit-In and the Sunday show for as long as he wants them) then they'd have a fairly decent line-up 9am-9pm. (Stress on, fairly decent there, because I know a lot of people don't like Moncrieff or Drive)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And I must say, I had my doubts as to whether he could carry a show on his own, but he really seems to have stepped up his game. Caught bits of him covering for Pat and it was really good listening.

I'd personally like him and Chris to team up on Drive, but if he were to take Hook's slot (and give Hook back the Saturday Sit-In and the Sunday show for as long as he wants them) then they'd have a fairly decent line-up 9am-9pm. (Stress on, fairly decent there, because I know a lot of people don't like Moncrieff or Drive)

While Moncrieff has his detractors, is quite popular and does have a fan base. I can't listen to Drive more than a couple of minutes at a time. It's just so relentlessly dull.

Oh for f**k sake, back to square one again.

Moncrieff is a very good broadcaster. Arguable he is the best on Newstalk. The only problem is that he has excessive 'right on' views. Turns a lot of people off. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

quintana76 wrote: »
    Moncrieff is a very good broadcaster. Arguable he is the best on Newstalk. The only problem is that he has excessive 'right on' views. Turns a lot of people off. Pity.

I doubt we'd agree on anything politics wise but I really like Sean Moncrieff's show. I'd place him only second to Pat Kenny on Irish radio. If there was any justice he would be earning 500 grand on Radio 1 and the other fella would be on Kildare FM where his talent belongs.

Is Pat back next week? I thought it was great that he text in during the book review last week. Still a complete anorak after all these years. My day is not the same without him.

I've given Healy more than enough chances. I'm not surprised he could never find his mates in nightclubs. Just no redeeming values at all. There are far more deserving younger broadcasters in the Newstalk ranks to fill in.

And are Newstalk refusing all alcohol advertising and all gambling advertising Jonathan? How much of the gambling money goes in your pocket Healy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

146 men to 1 woman ? What does this ratio mean ?

• Advertisement

"All we want is an accommodation built for us"

Will nobody ask any serious questions here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Aaah no! Is Kenny ever coming back?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I groaned loudly this morning.
    But I'm waiting on a bus home now and NT are doing a playback...good lord how on earth do the management at NT think that Healy's tone acceptable?

The immediacy of his snide arrogant commentary on every topic is wearing to the point that it's almost not worth tuning in to see if PK is back.

I hear him. I tune out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

humberklog wrote: »
    I groaned loudly this morning.
    But I'm waiting on a bus home now and NT are doing a playback...good lord how on earth do the management at NT think that Healy's tone acceptable?

The immediacy of his snide arrogant commentary on every topic is wearing to the point that it's almost not worth tuning in to see if PK is back.

I hear him. I tune out.

I can't stand Jonathan Healy either but at least he has opinions. Whereas Pat Kenny is worse if only for the fact that he has been droning on for decades and never has an opinion on anything; never got stuck into anything worthwhile in his media life and has made a career of lightweight interviews, lightweight muzak and lightweight chatter with his pals from Ashton's in Clonskeagh and their ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,065 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is pat Kenny gone from NT? Got a smarmy reply to a tweet from a healy about Kenny missing

"You want to leave the Eu...."
    *switches to jocose smart ar$e tone*
    "are ya... are ya alright" :mad::mad:

He wont give this guy a chance, keeps interrupting with his usual asides and smart ar$e remarks... What an absolute tool Jonathan Healy is...

I think he's getting WORSE, and I didn't think that was actually possible. Please Newstalk, get Pat Kenny back from his holidays as a matter of urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

havent listened in over a week now.

jesus NT sort it out !

put kieran cuddihy on or sommat as healy is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Pat is back on Thursday according to Healy. He finished up on Thursday 4 weeks ago so that's a day short of a month off.

It sounded like his return was planned for this week so hopefully it is just an extended holiday!

There seems to be immense loyalty to Jonathan Healy in NT. He's lasted like 10 years at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Pat and Sean O'Rourke must be on holidays together

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 weary_salesman

while truly insufferable

its not that much of a surprise why NT have given work to jonathan healey for so long , he ticks every box when it comes to what is required in journalism these days

bland
    ultra pc
    not especially bright and completely without an original viewpoints which strays from the current liberal narrative
    a willingness to pander to sacred cows at all times

Advertisement