Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

I'll tell you what I find very tiring, this constant b*tching that anyone who does anything for someone other than themselves is only doing it to get attention for themselves.

Do people who complain about this really believe that no one is truly selfless, or even so, if they feel good for having helped someone else, how is that a bad thing.

A minuscule minority maybe ( not even sure about that). You really believe that all the luvvies craving attention and kudos along with the NGO's and well enumerated quangos and self serving politicians with their vanguard stormtroopers in the media are behaving selflessly ? Pull the other one. You have a lot to learn if you believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

quintana76 wrote: »
    A minuscule minority maybe ( not even sure about that). You really believe that all the luvvies craving attention and kudos along with the NGO's and well enumerated quangos and self serving politicians with their vanguard stormtroopers in the media are behaving selflessly ? Pull the other one. You have a lot to learn if you believe that.

Think you might have a full house in the Alex Jones Bingo here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Well, I certainly haven't said that. What I do not like is being lectured to by rich celebrities like Hatfield who can easily avoid the effects of immigration. What are they doing exactly, apart from preaching? People like Bob Geldof, JK Rowling, Gary Lineker etc have been very critical of the UK for not accepting more refugees. But why don't they house some if they are so concerned. The people I've mentioned have multiple properties but won't house any refugees. That is the textbook definition of virtue signalling.

But the interviewee this morning wasn't Geldof, Rowling or Lineker.

It was a local fireman from Ballinderreen who decided to welcome and help his new neighbours.

And what was your input to the discussion?
    Can't even listen to that kind of nonsense anymore.

I'd listen to 10 Geldof's over you buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

But the interviewee this morning wasn't Geldof, Rowling or Lineker.

It was a local fireman from Ballinderreen who decided to welcome and help his new neighbours.

And what was your input to the discussion?

I'd listen to 10 Geldof's over you buddy.

I'm not your buddy. I was referring to the presenter, not the contributor.

Think you might have a full house in the Alex Jones Bingo here.

All true facts in relation to that issue I regret to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Serious propaganda concerning the refugees in Ballaghaderreen. The guy interviewed admitted he was a deserter and only left Syria to avoid having to take part in the war. Desertion is now rewarded with free accommodation and Irish citizenship.They kept mentioning families. Families of young men and bearded children more like it.
    Some 40 do-gooders got some made-up reward. Bet most of them weren't even local to the town. Johnathan Healy criticised all the people who were lighting up the screen (in his words) with complaints about the bias of the report as being heartless and short-sighted.
    The blatancy of the propaganda was the real sickener along with the sneering dismissal of anyone who made legitimate criticism. No surprise there.

Spot on.
    And the guy he had on was basically saying they are just one little step away from being Irish - like are you for f*cking real ?

Take genuine refugees in sure, but keep facts straight.
    Why can someone just arrive in Europe and claim they are European and then if you rightly point out that they are NOT actually European - you are the racist ?

Can I go to Iraq and claim I am Iraqi ??

And then he said the VAST majority of people in the west want them there - really ?

Do they really ?

Newstalk should put up a poll, and lets see how what the %'s are ...

They won't cos they know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Great to hear Pat again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Serious propaganda concerning the refugees in Ballaghaderreen. The guy interviewed admitted he was a deserter and only left Syria to avoid having to take part in the war.

A person who fled Syria in order to avoid being forced to kill his fellow citizens? What a monster. String him up.
    Desertion is now rewarded with free accommodation and Irish citizenship.

Supported, compulsory accommodation. Have you an alternative? Irish citizenship? What nonsense is that?
    They kept mentioning families. Families of young men and bearded children more like it.
    Some 40 do-gooders got some made-up reward. Bet most of them weren't even local to the town. Johnathan Healy criticised all the people who were lighting up the screen (in his words) with complaints about the bias of the report as being heartless and short-sighted.
    The blatancy of the propaganda was the real sickener along with the sneering dismissal of anyone who made legitimate criticism. No surprise there.

Do you have any evidence for any of the claims above? Like literally any? The bilious rage that emanates from your grossly misinformed ranting is the source of people's rightful judgement of you.

Well, I certainly haven't said that. What I do not like is being lectured to by rich celebrities like Hatfield who can easily avoid the effects of immigration. What are they doing exactly, apart from preaching? People like Bob Geldof, JK Rowling, Gary Lineker etc have been very critical of the UK for not accepting more refugees. But why don't they house some if they are so concerned. The people I've mentioned have multiple properties but won't house any refugees. That is the textbook definition of virtue signalling.
    A person who fled Syria in order to avoid being forced to kill his fellow citizens? What a monster. String him up.

He should be protecting his fellow citizens not running away like a coward and getting rewarded for it by naive and politically motivated idiots.

Supported, compulsory accommodation. Have you an alternative? Irish citizenship? What nonsense is that?

1.A good start would be to not to settle them in areas were are not wanted like Lisdoonvarna (and Ballaghdereen according to non media propaganda influenced widespread local anecdote). I presume you have close local links with a finger on the pulse.

2 All approved refugees get Irish (and EU citizenship.) Didn't you know ?

Do you have any evidence for any of the claims above? Like literally any? The bilious rage that emanates from your grossly misinformed ranting is the source of people's rightful judgement of you.

It has been scientificantly proven that in the UK and Sweden that over 80% of the so called "child refugees" have been adults, some in their thirties. Why should it be any different here with the likes of Muslim Brotherhood apologist Zappone in charge.
    From local anecdote and my own observations from favourably disposed TV reports the majority are young men as is the case everywhere else were the "refugee crisis" has been highlighted.
    Observing and highlighting facts on the issue that are being skewed and distorted or ignored by the mainstream media and craven politicians is hardly a manifestation of "bilious rage" More like a case of calm consideration and in a way (in accumulation with many others) of some form of public service in calling out media bias. (Now that you asked)[/B][/B]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

It has been scientificantly proven

By whom?
    Muslim Brotherhood apologist Zappone in charge.

Give us a break.
    From local anecdote and my own observations from favourably disposed TV reports the majority are young men as is the case everywhere else were the "refugee crisis" has been highlighted.

So no independent evidence, then?
    mainstream media and craven politicians

Ah, the MSM trope.
    More like a case of calm consideration and in a way (in accumulation with many others) of some form of public service ]

Yes, your post comes across as reasonable, all right...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

It has been scientificantly proven that in the UK and Sweden that over 80% of the so called "child refugees" have been adults, some in their thirties. Why should it be any different here with the likes of Muslim Brotherhood apologist Zappone in charge.
    Observing and highlighting facts on the issue that are being skewed and distorted or ignored by the mainstream media and craven politicians is hardly a manifestation of "bilious rage" More like a case of calm consideration and in a way (in accumulation with many others) of some form of public service in calling out media bias. (Now that you asked)[/B][/B]

:D

By whom?

The British Home Office.

Give us a break.

She went out of her way to support the Muslim Brotherhood Halawa family. No questions asked. Lesbian feminist supports Muslim Brotherhood, weird that. Same attitude might reflect her less than scrupulous approach to the children with beards.

So no independent evidence, then?

Just local opinion outside the media prism. The media is meant to reflect local opinion. The media now only seems to only reflect a narrow media opinion.

Ah, the MSM trope.

Well known fact, only ignored by those whose views it represents exclusively.

Yes, your post comes across as reasonable, all right...

Certainly is. At least it is based on empirical evidence and facts on the ground not on an exclusively political agenda.

Why don't you now prove that I am wrong?

Why don't you now prove that I am wrong?

You made the claim. Your job to support it.

You made the claim. Your job to support it.

Feet of clay.

Feet of clay.

So nothing to support it bar paranoid conspiracies about the "MSM"?

You could at least provide the link to the Home Office study.

So nothing to support it bar paranoid conspiracies about the "MSM"?

You could at least provide the link to the Home Office study.

Nothing paranoid. Just observe the facts.

Nothing paranoid. Just observe the facts.

The facts only show that more than two-thirds of those who claimed to be under 18 but were suspected of being older, who were questioned and age-assessed, were in fact found to be older.

Those who were obviously under 18 weren't assessed and questioned, nor were those who didn't claim to be under 18.

The most you can say is that a majority of those who were suspected by the authorities of lying about their age were found to be lying.

That does not equate to the claim that "over 80% of the so called 'child refugees' have been adults".

The British Home Office stated that over three quarters were lying about their age. You could just imagine how remiss on the issue the authorities were here. Saw footage of some of them in Ballaghdereen. Can only say my concept of the appearance of an <17 year old must have been wrong all my life. I must have mixed it up with 20-30 somethings.

The British Home Office stated that over three quarters were lying about their age.

Of those suspected of lying and questioned/assessed. Not of the total number of refugees. Even The Sun and The Telegraph included that caveat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Isn't it a fact that it is able bodied males, without commitments, who are most likely to move county?
    The majority of those who left Ireland during the crash were in this catagory as were the majority of those who emigrated in the 40s & 50s!

We need to address the issues thrown up by mass migrations & stop demonizing people & throwing insults at their concerns ... these concerns don't go away & we risk giving ozygen to right wing nasties.

• Advertisement

Of those suspected of lying and questioned/assessed. Not of the total number of refugees. Even The Sun and The Telegraph included that caveat.

I presume you could treat it like a survey as an average. It certainly suggests a distinct pattern.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Isn't it a fact that it is able bodied males, without commitments, who are most likely to move county?
    The majority of those who left Ireland during the crash were in this catagory as were the majority of those who emigrated in the 40s & 50s!

We need to address the issues thrown up by mass migrations & stop demonizing people & throwing insults at their concerns ... these concerns don't go away & we risk giving ozygen to right wing nasties.

1.The Irish able-bodied Irish males did not claim nor receive the benefits of being refugees. They got no help except unofficial aid from within their own communities. Big difference.

2.Correct: We do indeed need to address the issues of mass migration. By ignoring them or calling anyone who broachs the issue a racist will only create and give fuel to "right wing nasties". If you ignore something it doesn't go away, it just festers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

This morning's segment on the gentrification of North wall was interesting.

On one hand i felt sorry for those elderly residents who are being encroached on by office towers.

On the other hand, some streets nearby are dangerous and full of scumbags. I know of a few office workers who were mugged, had phones grabbed out of their hands or had car windows smashed. There's an unmarked garda car permanently parked at the top of sheriff street.

The area is in dire need of regeneration. Row after row of office tower is probably not the answer. I'd like to see planners encourage blended developments throughout the area. Green spaces, shops, bars. The north quays are dead after 7pm unless there's a concert on.

The residents need to understand that it's not the office workers or concert goers putting traffic cones through their windows. It's the local scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

North Wall/IFSC etc. what does it matter the whole lot will be flooded by rising sea levels anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

This morning's segment on the gentrification of North wall was interesting.

On one hand i felt sorry for those elderly residents who are being encroached on by office towers.

On the other hand, some streets nearby are dangerous and full of scumbags. I know of a few office workers who were mugged, had phones grabbed out of their hands or had car windows smashed. There's an unmarked garda car permanently parked at the top of sheriff street.

The area is in dire need of regeneration. Row after row of office tower is probably not the answer. I'd like to see planners encourage blended developments throughout the area. Green spaces, shops, bars. The north quays are dead after 7pm unless there's a concert on.

The residents need to understand that it's not the office workers or concert goers putting traffic cones through their windows. It's the local scumbags.

Oh yeah, that area is no-go. Very dodgy. Lie you, I do feel sorry for the salt of the earth people who live there. The area is changing and SHeriff Street will probably be unrecognisable in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Nice little row going on with a union rep looking for less hours for his civil service members because they already do such a great job leaving our public service as a beacon for the rest of the world to follow, and Karl Deeter Carl Dieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

I missed the start of the show and turned into a conversation about some criminal being released but they never named him . Did they mention a name at the start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hurrache wrote: »
    Nice little row going on with a union rep looking for less hours for his civil service members because they already do such a great job leaving our public service as a beacon for the rest of the world to follow, and Carl Dieter.

It's hilarious. Deeter called the union bluffer out well there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hurrache wrote: »
    Nice little row going on with a union rep looking for less hours for his civil service members because they already do such a great job leaving our public service as a beacon for the rest of the world to follow, and Carl Dieter.

Union lad is a right dikhead,deflect,deflect at all cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

neris wrote: »
    I missed the start of the show and turned into a conversation about some criminal being released but they never named him . Did they mention a name at the start?

That convicted child rapist Christy Griffin released yesterday I think, didn't realise he was 'known' to the gardai outside of that.

Advertisement