Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hasn't answered one question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Union lad is a right dikhead,deflect,deflect at all cost.

They always are

Deeter playing a blinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Union fella was very thin skinned, looking for insults :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Dieters a right wing horror story, insulting POS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Union man was in way over his head. Needs to do his homework before going back on radio.

I felt sorry for him towards the end.

Fair play to Pat for keeping out of it and not breaking them up. BS needs to be called out. I'm all for balance, but if you can't stand over the central tenet of your argument, you deserve to be torn asunder.

That texter has a great point!Why don't people leave their obviously horrible jobs in the Private Sector and join Public, Public is absolute heaven apparently!

That texter has a great point!Why don't people leave their obviously horrible jobs in the Private Sector and join Public, Public is absolute heaven apparently!

I hate being idle. It would do my head in going into that 1980's environment. Inefficiency is encouraged. New entrants who go above and beyond are taken aside and told to slow down as they make the rest of us look bad. The union calls the shots.

Putting those aside. It's a colossal waste of taxpayer money.

No thanks. Not for me.

I hate being idle. It would do my head in going into that 1980's environment. Inefficiency is encouraged. New entrants who go above and beyond are taken aside and told to slow down as they make the rest of us look bad. The union calls the shots.

Putting those aside. It's a colossal waste of taxpayer money.

What functioning Country in the World doesn't have a CS? Only way to do it, btw it needs to be updated and I don't agree with cut in hours, that is nonsense.

What functioning Country in the World doesn't have a CS? Only way to do it, btw it needs to be updated and I don't agree with cut in hours, that is nonsense.

It's possible to have a civil service based on meritocracy where employees are held accountable for their actions.

We don't have that in Ireland.

• Advertisement

It's possible to have a civil service based on meritocracy where employees are held accountable for their actions.

I agree about accountable for actions, but you can't expect a CS office to be insanely busy all the time, it's not like retail, it's ongoing and is necessary for the State to function.

I agree about accountable for actions, but you can't expect a CS office to be insanely busy all the time, it's not like retail, it's ongoing and is necessary for the State to function.

Could you elaborate on that last point?

Why would a public office be different from a private office?

Why would a public office be different from a private office?

They are by and large not for profit I meant.

They are by and large not for profit I meant.

But they can both deliver value for the customer.

Why should the workload be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I thought dieter was disrespectful to the union person and that is no way to speak to a human being imo. He was doing a fine job ripping the argument to shreds before he overstepped the mark.

The claims for reduced hours are lunacy but to be expected.

"Why should the workload be different?"

It is and always will be, look at Museums etc, generally not run off their feet 7 days a week, but have employee capacity to handle it if it happens. Btw that is how it is Worldwide, staffing levels/work load etc as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This talk of hours 'cut'. If by 'cut' it means returning to how they were before the crash, well, why aren't they referred to as exactly that. They're not fcuking cut.

And the option is there for people to revert to 6:57 a day, losing 2 hours pay a week.

So, the only thing being 'cut' is pay. To the tune of almost 10 hours worth every 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭AlanG

I think Dieter made himself sound very bad with his personal insults - he reminded me of Eamonn Dunphy trying to get publicity. If his argument is strong he didn't need to revert to the personal insults. I usually quite like him but if he continues like that then he will be only fit to debate with the looney left.

The points he made about the pension were also badly out of date - the new PS pension is very poor and worse than you would get in most mid level private sector jobs. The previous pension scheme was pretty good and on a par with the likes of banks and IT companies that pay approximately 8-10% of your wage into a scheme, but he seemed to be using figures relating to the even earlier scheme that closed to new entrants around 15 years ago. He was also ignoring the fact that managers in the PS are paid considerable less than in the Private sector (although they can have better conditions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Dieter is a rude prick. No need to talk to someone like that.

Let them start with the passport office. The greatest shower of wasters in the country. Then move on to the tax offices and health board admins....I'm sure I left out 100's

• Advertisement

Dieter is a rude prick. No need to talk to someone like that.

He said what 99%of people who were listening,we're thinking.

Let them start with the passport office. The greatest shower of wasters in the country. Then move on to the tax offices and health board admins....I'm sure I left out 100's

Never worked there, but afaik people getting Passports in days when they use the An Post option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Let them start with the passport office. The greatest shower of wasters in the country. Then move on to the tax offices and health board admins....I'm sure  I left out 100's
    Misread that as boards admins.

Not sure if I still agree all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I swear I half hope trump sorts north Korea just to see how pat reacts to him getting a Nobel peace prize for it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I swear I half hope trump sorts north Korea just to see how pat reacts to him getting a Nobel peace prize for it.

He seems to mention him several times a day. And the accent on that dude for Boston is horrendous. "Welcome to the Pawdy pal"

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

If Trump managed to create peace on Earth in perpetuity he still wouldn't get a sniff of the Nobel Prize. Wrong politics for the nominally liberal elite. Look at Obama he got one just for being elected before he had a chance to do anything. Probably deliberately before he could get a chance to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

quintana76 wrote: »
    If Trump managed to create peace on Earth in perpetuity he still wouldn't get a sniff of the Nobel Prize. Wrong politics for the nominally liberal elite. Look at Obama he got one just for being elected before he had a chance to do anything. Probably deliberately before he could get a chance to do anything.

If they could justify giving it to Henry Kissinger then anything is possible!

padd b1975 wrote: »

Not anymore it's not.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Not anymore it's not. All too predictable.

• Advertisement

Just had representative of Irish Water on discussing plans for an extra 600,000 population for Dublin by 2050 also 120,000 for Midlands. (Never mind the rest of the country). Proves Leo's extra million is going to be a fact despite denials. Natural population growth it is not. It proves there is, as suspected, a long term plan.

Advertisement