Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is Pat interested in this royal crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

quintana76 wrote:
    It proves there is, as suspected, a long term plan.

Glad to see you finally agree with something. Building capacity above expected demand in long term projects is prudent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Glad to see you finally agree with something. Building capacity above expected demand in long term projects is prudent.

only problem being we have never built above capacity before, the M50 being one of the greatest examples

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Good old Jess.

"How do you make sure your computer stays clean and runs fast."

Jess responds with "Don't store your files in your computer and clog it up. Store your files in the cloud"

Great advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

doylefe wrote: »
    Good old Jess.

Jess responds with "Don't store your files in your computer and clog it up. Store your files in the cloud"

Great advice!

Hahahahahahaha cus files are what slows down a pc and not tons of random needless bloatware hogging your cpu and ram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

More Trump hissyfitting with some lunatic that has a new book blasting Trump as a sexist , racist pig !!!

wow how progressive Pat!

doylefe wrote: »
    Good old Jess.

Great advice!

Has she a real technical background ? or is she just an expert in the use case scenarios ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Has she a real technical background ? or is she just an expert in the use case scenarios ?

Listening to her yesterday, I was a bit surprised at some of her advice.

Paraphrasing here " Be brave and don't be afraid to delete old program files, but don't blame me if your computer stops working HaHa"

:eek:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

More Trump hissyfitting with some lunatic that has a new book blasting Trump as a sexist , racist pig !!!

wow how progressive Pat!

It's amazing that these people just can't see that Hillary Clinton is not a good candidate. Of course, the reason she didn't win is because of her gender. Not the fact that she is completely robotic and can't connect with people.

It's amazing that these people just can't see that Hillary Clinton is not a good candidate. Of course, the reason she didn't win is because of her gender. Not the fact that she is completely robotic and can't connect with people.

Sounds like Fox News in here.

Hillary lost. 18 months ago. The only people interested in her are those who want no analysis of Donald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Hillary lost. 18 months ago. The only people interested in her are those who want no analysis of Donald.

"Those who want...no analysis of Donald"
    There is nothing but "analysis of Donald" especially on Pat Kenny and Matt Cooper. Obsessively one-sided it may be but still he gets mentioned on a daily basis.
    Fair analysis of Donald might be something to be desired but it doesn't happen on Irish radio as opposed to continued lamentations for Saint Hillary's loss. Very balanced radio indeed.

quintana76 wrote:
    "Those who want...no analysis of Donald" There is nothing but "analysis of Donald" especially on Pat Kenny and Matt Cooper. Obsessively one-sided it may be but still he gets mentioned on a daily basis. Fair analysis of Donald might be something to be desired but it doesn't happen on Irish radio as opposed to continued lamentations for Saint Hillary's loss. Very balanced radio indeed.

He does something worth discussing (ridiculous) daily...

Again, Pat, Matt never bring up Hillary.

What are you on about now?? The guest said the fact that Clinton was a woman worked against her. Same old tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

quintana76 wrote: »
    "Those who want...no analysis of Donald"
    There is nothing but "analysis of Donald" especially on Pat Kenny and Matt Cooper. Obsessively one-sided it may be but still he gets mentioned on a daily basis.
    Fair analysis of Donald might be something to be desired but it doesn't happen on Irish radio as opposed to continued lamentations for Saint Hillary's loss. Very balanced radio indeed.

Not an awful lot to analyse in fairness .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

But she still won the majority of the votes against the like best candidate evar?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    But she still won the majority of the votes against the like best candidate evar?

If a donkey stood for the Democratic Party it would get more popular votes.

What does that tell you?

I don't care about Hillary, but the fact they keep going on and on and on about Trump being a racist (i'd love to see the evidence) and a sexist (ok he has said some dodgy lewd jokes ... but jokes they are - and at least the women he has affairs with are adults)

What does that tell you?

It tells me that the founding Fathers were sensible in not allowing a majority to solely decide an election. Otherwise the Democrats would win every election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

But he ran for the Republican Party! ;)

• Advertisement

I don't care about Hillary, but the fact they keep going on and on and on about Trump being a racist (i'd love to see the evidence) and a sexist (ok he has said some dodgy lewd jokes ... but jokes they are - and at least the women he has affairs with are adults)

Seriously? You're around boards long enough to be able make a less obvious attempt at antagonising people.

Evidence of Trump being a racist? ****hole countries, travel bans, bad hombres.

Sexist? Comments about Meghan Kelly bleeding from wherever.

Affairs? Grab em by the pussy doesn't sound very consensual (or humorous), irrespective of whether they are adults or not.

But it's Pat's fault for discussing them? Sure it is.

It tells me that the founding Fathers were sensible in not allowing a majority to solely decide an election. Otherwise the Democrats would win every election.

The founding fathers proposed (rightly) the electoral system to protect people and regions from a geographical perspective, not to keep the Republicans in the game.

Do you really think governance should not be in the interests of the majority? Do you flat out disagree with democracy?

The founding fathers proposed (rightly) the electoral system to protect people and regions from a geographical perspective, not to keep the Republicans in the game.

Do you really think governance should not be in the interests of the majority? Do you flat out disagree with democracy?

Yes, of course I do. It's a stupid system. If you had it your way the Democrats would win every single election, even if a donkey was standing for them. That isn't right.

Yes, of course I do. It's a stupid system. If you had it your way the Democrats would win every single election, even if a donkey was standing for them. That isn't right.

Ain't no discussing that. Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

The girl talking about healthy diet was in the Independent a while back.

Sexy enough iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

She's an adult woman, with a medical degree, speaking about her area of professional interest. Not a girl, "sexy" or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Red_Wake wrote:

Red_Wake wrote:
    Sexy enough iirc.

Just looked her up...and was not disappointed!

In all seriousness, it was somewhat refreshing to hear one of these bloggers with an actual qualification. The dietary scene is very unregulated, and full of bluffers. She, being a doctor, has a lot more creditability than the likes of Rosanna Davidson for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Red_Wake wrote:

Red_Wake wrote:
    Sexy enough iirc.

Just looked her up...and was not disappointed!

In all seriousness, it was somewhat refreshing to hear one of these bloggers with an actual qualification. The dietary scene is very unregulated, and full of bluffers. She, being a doctor, has a lot more creditability than the likes of Rosanna Davidson for example!
    I'm loving her instagram account.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Actually no, that isn't true. Democrats have only had California from quite recently. It used to be a very red state until the Republicans shot themselves in the foot.

And so what if the Democrats would win the popular vote? Is it not up to the parties to reach out to the public?

Surely the public should be the ones whose votes matter and not a bunch of representatives and senators?

Don't understand your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

The Electoral College was designed to protect slave holding states. Romanticising it as anything else is merely providing an excuse for its inherently anti-democratic nature.

Advertisement