Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

^^^^^

Either pre-recorded or magic obviously.

I reckon magic myself.

Aye, it be magic alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BPKS wrote: »
    Had Radio 1 on.

Didnt want to listen to the topic.

Turned over the Pat Kenny.

Same man talking about the same topic.

How do they do it?!!

Came on here to post the same thing!

Lyric got an hour of my time as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Had Radio 1 on.

How do they do it?!!

Bilocation ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Had Radio 1 on.

How do they do it?!!

At least they are two different stations...it's a lot worse when Ciara Kelly introduces the topics she is going to discuss on her show, which turn out to be exactly the same material which Pat has already covered! This is a regular occurrence I might add! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Cervical screening crisis.
    RBB was pushing for blaming private sector companies and if screening was done in Ireland in a public system, it would likely not have been an issue.

Pat called him with "Hang on now" a number of times.

Situation was and is a crisis but it still has helped many women get early diagnosis and subsequent care, RBB was inclined to discount this somewhat.

Fair play to Kenny. He's a real pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

At least they are two different stations...it's a lot worse when Ciara Kelly introduces the topics she is going to discuss on her show, which turn out to be exactly the same material which Pat has already covered! This is a regular occurrence I might add! :rolleyes:

A doctor discussing medical subjects? That's terrible. I haven't heard Boyd Barrett but C. Kelly imo had best coverage of the issues over the days on Newstalk. It involved the fewest or no politicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Uncharted wrote: »
    I was hoping Pat would tear RBB a new one. Pat Kenny was more than a match for that clown. He was almost kindly lenient with him.

Those loons need to be challenged on their guff to the maximum at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Cora Sherlock is just infuriating. Her nasal droning about how the "online censorship" is unfair to her campaign is just blatant rubbish.

Anybody who is swayed one way or the other by unwanted online pop up ads or for that matter,plastic posters on poles,doesn't deserve the vote.

Let people research their own facts and leave it at that. Less of this whinebag please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Uncharted wrote: »
    Cora Sherlock is just infuriating. Her nasal droning about how the "online censorship" is unfair to her campaign is just blatant rubbish.

Anybody who is swayed one way or the other by unwanted online pop up ads or for that matter,plastic posters on poles,doesn't deserve the vote.

Let people research their own facts and leave it at that. Less of this whinebag please.

Interestingly, I've had a rake of 'no' suggested ad posts pop up on Facebook in the last couple of days... I guess they've managed to get around the 'funded from outside the state' thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Agreed. Those ads are everywhere and it's getting worse. I bitterly resent them being shoved in my face every time I read a news site, watch a video or even play a game on my phone. I don't know where the No side got their money but they've got very deep pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Agreed. Those ads are everywhere and it's getting worse. I bitterly resent them being shoved in my face every time I read a news site, watch a video or even play a game on my phone. I don't know where the No side got their money but they've got very deep pockets.

Wealthy rightwing Americans by and large.

I was getting them but interestingly they have disappeared from my screens this morning .... maybe they have finally decided I'm a lost cause :p

It's actually scary how targeted they are. My OH and I live on the same address for 13 years, are the same age, have two kids who go to the one school, work on the same address, have a lot of similar interests, visit same news websites, go together on holidays. He got plenty of ads I saw none. I don't have Irish passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Men talking about what it is like to be a man.

Ian O'Doherty, Carl Dieter, David Quinn.
    Carl justifying calling women who slept with Harvey Weinstein to further their careers as skanks.

Ciara Kelly walked in to introduce her show but didn't comment at all when asked to :):)

Most comments against what they're saying seems to be from men.

Carl justifying calling women who slept with Harvey Weinstein to further their careers as skanks.

Ciara Kelly walked in to introduce her show but didn't comment at all when asked to :):)

I only heard some of the discussion (was in coffee shop!) but one thing they seemed to overlook is the power dynamic in the encounters.

Also very disappointed that Carl, who I generally admire, had to drop to the level of using street vulgarity to make his point. I would have expected better of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

What a surprise.

Well, to be fair. She was only in to give intro to her show as normal. Not the sort of conversation you could make a simple comment on and leave again.

It was one time I'd like vto have seen her refer to the content of Pat's show as she started hers but she didn't say anything. I'd imagine the texts were still coming in.

Well, to be fair. She was only in to give intro to her show as normal. Not the sort of conversation you could make a simple comment on and leave again.

It was one time I'd like vto have seen her refer to the content of Pat's show as she started hers but she didn't say anything. I'd imagine the texts were still coming in.

I see where you're coming from, but if asked to give a comment she should have given one. Lord knows she's not shy about giving her opinion on plenty of things she's not been asked to comment on..........

I see where you're coming from, but if asked to give a comment she should have given one. Lord knows she's not shy about giving her opinion on plenty of things she's not been asked to comment on..........
    She was asked why women throw bras on the stage at some concerts and why men don't throw underwear on the stage at Taylor Swift concert. She said she has no idea why men don't throw underwear... Get your pitchforks ready, it's a criminal offense not to have opinion on underwear throwing at the music gigs...

Or maybe get a life...

meeeeh wrote:
    She was asked why women throw bras on the stage at some concerts and why men don't throw underwear on the stage at Taylor Swift concert. She said she has no idea why men don't throw underwear... Get your pitchforks ready, it's a criminal offense not to have opinion on underwear throwing at the music gigs...

I think ordinarily she would have an opinion but given it was Pats show, she was only there to introduce hers, she took the safe option by saying she didn't have one.

I wouldn't blame her, but I would be interested in her genuine thoughts on the matter, in the context of Pat's discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Embarrassing Henry Kean referendum vox pop from Tipp Town mart today - straight out of a D'Unbelievables sketch.

And Henry thinking these yokels make for gas radio.

"......... they are lovely animals, what exactly are they can I ask?" - "Cows"

"....... I work for a station called N E W S T A L K ......"

meeeeh wrote: »

Or maybe get a life...

That's very different from what was suggested in the earlier post.

Also, I see once again you can't refrain from getting personal whilst defending your hero?

That's very different from what was suggested in the earlier post.

Also, I see once again you can't refrain from getting personal whilst defending your hero?
    You commented on something you knew nothing about just because it was a presenter you don't like... It's not personal it's accurate.

You commented on something you knew nothing about just because it was a presenter you don't like... It's not personal it's accurate.

Except that's not what I did, is it? Seeing as you're so keen on accuracy, I commented on the post below - nowhere in said post does it mention Taylor Swift, underwear or concerts.

Do I have to listen to the show now to comment on a post?

Wow it would be quiet on the boards if people only commented on what they know something about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

David Quinn and Ian Doherty have never done a proper days work in their lives .

Jesus, far right Israeli supporters texting in enmasse today, disgusting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Jesus, far right Israeli supporters texting in enmasse today, disgusting people.

So people who point out the truth that Hamas are prepared to sacrifice the lives of large numbers of young Palestinians to forward their own agenda are disgusting far rightists?

Not taking into account that the more dead the better from Hamas's point of view and in turn, attacking those who do so is a perfect example of moral inversion.

quintana76 wrote:
    So people who point out the truth that Hamas are prepared to sacrifice the lives of large numbers of young Palestinians to forward their own agenda are disgusting far rightists?

Not taking into account that the more dead the better from Hamas's point of view and in turn, attacking those who do so is a perfect example of moral inversion.

It's the disparity of the two sides and the response which is so frustrating.

My nephew fired plastic arrows at me at the weekend, would it have been acceptable for me to hit him with a golf club?

The Jewish people suffered one of the most hateful persecutions of all human existence, it's so worrying to see how, within such a short space of time, the Israeli state treat others.

Says a lot about the rotten elements which is exist in the human race. Of all skin tone, religions, genders etc.

• Advertisement

Don't care if Hamas are wiped out, I'm talking about the murder of unarmed civilians.
    Use of live fire is forbidden under international law unless those firing are under imminent threat, clearly not in this case.

Advertisement