Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It's the disparity of the two sides and the response which is so frustrating.

My nephew fired plastic arrows at me at the weekend, would it have been acceptable for me to hit him with a golf club?

The Jewish people suffered one of the most hateful persecutions of all human existence, it's so worrying to see how, within such a short space of time, the Israeli state treat others.

Says a lot about the rotten elements which is exist in the human race. Of all skin tone, religions, genders etc.

Brings to mind the line from Yeats .... "Too long a sacrifice makes a stone of the heart"

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

David Quinn and Ian Doherty have never done a proper days work in their lives .

....and Una Mullaly has?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pat playing a stormer this morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This is quite the ding-dong. I'd usually hit the off switch when an abortion borefest comes on but this is fun.

humberklog wrote: »
    This is quite the ding-dong. I'd usually hit the off switch when an abortion borefest comes on but this is fun.

As do I, unless it starts off tetchy like this one.

Tweets are hilarious, some amount of whinging by those on the No side about Kenny being too harsh and unfair.

• Advertisement

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Kudos to Pat Kenny.
    First decent and articulate on-air debate regarding the referendum.
    Really enjoyed the jousting.

Listen and learn Claire Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That interview just makes me even keener to see Pat tackle the tv debate. He wouldn't tolerate the whooping and hollering either. Proper order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

humberklog wrote: »

Who was debating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Who was debating?
    Maria Steen who is very good at manipulation unless she is properly challenged. I didn't hear the whole interview but what I heard was good. I have to admit though that he was a bit softer with Peter Boylan yesterday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Who was debating?
    no debate, Pat interviewing Maria Steen, not afraid to call her out on mulptiple untruths she put forward.
    she contradicted herself several times throughout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Good interview but good God Steen is scary. Pat's able for her but it's rare to hear him as flustered as he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I don't know what you lot were listening to but Pat got destroyed there

Literally threw the kitchen sink at her, unlike the puff péice boylan got yesterday, and was panicked into getting her off the air as quickly as possible.

Best bit of popcorn radio in an age. The station probably raging

It was quite the contrast from Boylan's smug and a bit precious performance yesterday to Steen's condescending dogmatism this morning.

Steen really lost it when she attempted to prize out Pat's beliefs on the matter. It's a really pathetic low blow to try to call out the mediator.
    Steen came across as a nasty piece of work- like a cold bucket of 1950's Irish righteous spite in the earholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

PAt fawning over an Islamic radical now, sickening ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Just listened back to it. Don't know what people were listening to. Never heard Pat so flustered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

i turned him off all i was hearing was islam islam islam. his kids went to the islamic primary school when they lived here and then when they couldnt find an islamic secondary school he moved them to the uk. sounds like the kind of guy who has no interest in the local community or integrating coz his mosque isnt doing anything for the white dublin christians of blancharsdtown or the surrounding areas by the sounds of him. more like hes going to create an even bigger racial divide in that part of dublin

neris wrote: »
    i turned him off all i was hearing was islam islam islam. his kids went to the islamic primary school when they lived here and then when they couldnt find an islamic secondary school he moved them to the uk. sounds like the kind of guy who has no interest in the local community or integrating coz his mosque isnt doing anything for the white dublin christians of blancharsdtown or the surrounding areas by the sounds of him. more like hes going to create an even bigger racial divide in that part of dublin

And how it's so great that it's open to EVERYBODY - all the primary and secondary schools in the area - can't people see this is a recruitment drive ?

was panicked into getting her off the air as quickly as possible.

No, he pushed the item right to the limit as to the time available for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The man is a surgeon who has lost his entire family due to an arson attack. He has nothing but respect and love for Ireland and spoke about welcome for all in the community.

How would you like to have seen Pat handle the interview?

• Advertisement

How would you like to have seen Pat handle the interview?

Some people are just afraid of people who are not white, Irish and christian.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some people are just afraid of people who are not white, Irish and christian.

Yeah, I hate all non Christians ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Uncharted wrote: »
    Kudos to Pat Kenny.
    First decent and articulate on-air debate regarding the referendum.
    Really enjoyed the jousting.

Listen and learn Claire Byrne

Laughable. CB Live is the essentially same format as The Plank's "Frontline" programme. Which was cringily bad. CB's done a decent job of rescuing it. (The over-talking abortion debate with the clapometer audience was not its finest hour, I'll grant you.)

meeeeh wrote: »
    Maria Steen who is very good at manipulation unless she is properly challenged. I didn't hear the whole interview but what I heard was good. I have to admit though that he was a bit softer with Peter Boylan yesterday. :D

I assume that Boylan actually eventually answered the interviewer's questions (doubtless with a certain medical pomposity), didn't try to start grilling Pat and generally running the format to suit himself. So certain dissimilarities to the standard Steen performance are inevitable...

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Laughable. CB Live is the essentially same format as The Plank's "Frontline" programme. Which was cringily bad. CB's done a decent job of rescuing it. (The over-talking abortion debate with the clapometer audience was not its finest hour, I'll grant you.)

You are referencing "Frontline".
    What is the relevance of doing so?

Did you listen to the actual 'radio' interview being discussed?

Uncharted wrote: »
    You are referencing "Frontline".
    What is the relevance of doing so?

Did you listen to the actual 'radio' interview being discussed?

I'm happy to report I didn't! And much the better for not doing so, I suspect.

CB Live is the same format as, and the direct successor to, said shambolically bad PK vehicle. And is vastly better. Hence your "Listen and learn Claire Byrne" taunt is ridiculous. She did already. To go forth and not make such terrible TV as PK.

I made a like-for-like comparison. You compared entirely different media, entirely different formats, and entirely different settings.

Relevance clear enough yet, or should I belabour the point a tad more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

alaimacerc wrote:

Your dislike of Pat Kenny is all I'm picking up from your posts.

Fail to see any rational for that. No big deal, you're entitled to your opinion.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I'm happy to report I didn't! And much the better for not doing so, I suspect.

CB Live is the same format as, and the direct successor to, said shambolically bad PK vehicle. And is vastly better. Hence your "Listen and learn Claire Byrne" taunt is ridiculous. She did already. To go forth and not make such terrible TV as PK.

I made a like-for-like comparison. You compared entirely different media, entirely different formats, and entirely different settings.

You do realise you are in the radio forum though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,924 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"crazy son of a bítch" & "S hole countries" being mentioned now, discussing Kim & Trump
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

zell12 wrote: »
    "crazy son of a bítch" & "S hole countries" being mentioned now, discussing Kim & Trump
    :eek:

There was a whole section on "bullshìt jobs" earlier!

Advertisement