Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Two women get killed and all males need to be punished and re-education.

Men are killed far more frequently and nothing is said.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

zell12 wrote: »
    "crazy son of a bh" & "S hole countries" being mentioned now, discussing Kim & Trump
    :eek:

What's with all the casual swearing on the station these days.

I'm not a prude or anything but it comes across as trashy and low rent.

I'm beginning to see where the derogatory nickname for the station, 'redtop radio', comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I'm beginning to see where the derogatory nickname for the station, 'redtop radio', comes from.

Agreed. No need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Agreed. No need for it.

If they are quoting something someone said that isn't the issue with that person rather than the media outlet?

Where does one draw the line on that type of censorship? If you changed s hole to "underdeveloped" it kind of loses the point of the story.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If they are quoting something someone said that isn't the issue with that person rather than the media outlet?

Where does one draw the line on that type of censorship? If you changed s hole to "underdeveloped" it kind of loses the point of the story.

Fair enough if they were quoting someone. I didn't hear it. But I've noticed more people casually swearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Yes its getting noticeable

Piece there yesterday on PK about a study on risk takers, the guest mentioned how some people are "dry shoites" and others are "wet shoites"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Agreed. No need for it.

Given your posts, it seems surprising that swearing might bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

doylefe wrote: »
    Two women get killed and all males need to be punished and re-education.

Men are killed far more frequently and nothing is said.

Yes & mostly by MEN ... funny that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,925 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pat working this morning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Simple answer, make all schools secular, brain washing in superstitious nonsense can be done at home

• Advertisement

This guy sitting in for Pat is way better than Healy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

This guy sitting in for Pat is way better than Healy!

Three hours of dead air would be an improvement on Healy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

"yeah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I turned over today at one stage and there was manbashing going on. I turned to another channel

Pat's back, just off one day, odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pat's back, just off one day, odd.

Could have been a sick day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

He took the day off to interview Michael Bloomberg at the opening of the new RCSI building... the interview was aired on this mornings show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Scott Lucas on hissy fitting over Trump, 5 seconds in he was comparing him to Hitler - pathetic !!

Scott Lucas on hissy fitting over Trump, 5 seconds in he was comparing him to Hitler - pathetic !!

He compared some of his behavior to that of Hitler's. Not that he was the sane as Hitler in every respect.

Why is this always so hard for some to understand?

When you bring Hitler into it, it just shows you are running out of options .

There is plenty to critisize Trump over (and praise) without bringing Hitler into it ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So we should avoid pointers from history? If he is doing things that people see as like Hitler did when he was assuming greater powers, do you not think it wise for people to be educated on that?

You are aware that Hitler was not always regarded as the most evil man in the world? He was seen as a man that was going to take Germany back to its rightful place, stop it being taken advantage of.

The use of lies to paint certain sections of society in a bad light and to get the rest to fear and blame them. Having little regard for international diplomacy.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So we should avoid pointers from history? If he is doing things that people see as like Hitler did when he was assuming greater powers, do you not think it wise for people to be educated on that?

You are aware that Hitler was not always regarded as the most evil man in the world? He was seen as a man that was going to take Germany back to its rightful place, stop it being taken advantage of.

The use of lies to paint certain sections of society in a bad light and to get the rest to fear and blame them. Having little regard for international diplomacy.

Oh ffs he's not Hitler, and the US isn't going to turn in to Nazi Germany. And the liberals wonder why people are sick of listening to them.

Oh ffs he's not Hitler, and the US isn't going to turn in to Nazi Germany. And the liberals wonder why people are sick of listening to them.

Why do you disagree with the comparison in elements of his behavior?

Why do you disagree with the comparison in elements of his behavior?

Because it's bull**** and clearly the person comparing them knows absolutely nothing about Hitler.

Because it's bull**** and clearly the person comparing them knows absolutely nothing about Hitler.

Let me understand this.

You think that, Scott Lucas, a professor from the Political dept at Birmingham University and Pat Kenny, an imminent current affairs discussion host for what..... 30 years know nothing about Hitler?

Care to offer your qualifications in this respect?

Let me understand this.

You think that, Scott Lucas, a professor from the Political dept at Birmingham University and Pat Kenny, an imminent current affairs discussion host for what..... 30 years know nothing about Hitler?

Care to offer your qualifications in this respect?

If they think there are parallel between Trump and Hitler then, yes, they know nothing. What you are doing is called an appeal to authority. Do you think lecturers in Politics departments are completely impartial, and completely without bias?

Comparing Trump to Hitler is hyperbole!!

that's it.

Let me know when Trump starts suggesting elements in society are rounded up for the gas chambers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If they think there are parallel between Trump and Hitler then, yes, they know nothing. What you are doing is called an appeal to authority. Do you think lecturers in Politics departments are completely impartial, and completely without bias?

Did you hear the interview in question?

Skid X wrote: »
    Did you hear the interview in question?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

No

I thought as much. The Radio Forum is riddled with posters who have agendas who can't be bothered listening to the shows in question but still plough in as soon as one of their trigger topics is mentioned.

Saying that some of Trump's actions and behaviours have similarities to those of Hitler is not the same as saying Trump is the new Hitler.

Advertisement