Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat great at tackling some of the nonsense RBB comes out with

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Healy would have problem as he would agree with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Tbf, I thouhgt RBB got off lightly on the whole, though that's more down to the sheer quantity of bull**** he comes out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

That segment about the sensitive political journalists was hilarious. Some of the texts had me in stitches. "Maybe the journalists need a safe space". "Snowflake journalists". Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Looks like newstalk are having tech problems.
    Ads ain't working and pats been doing "this day in history" for ages now.

Gotta give him props for professionalism.

He did say something was up with the computers before all thus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

That segment about the sensitive political journalists was hilarious. Some of the texts had me in stitches. "Maybe the journalists need a safe space". "Snowflake journalists". Brilliant stuff!

Even the pooch from Up would reckon right-wing humour is getting a tad unsophisticated these days. "It's funny because the squirrel gets called a snowflake." Theoreticians of comedy, get your thinking caps on!

Hope this bill is passed.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Even the pooch from Up would reckon right-wing humour is getting a tad unsophisticated these days. "It's funny because the squirrel gets called a snowflake." Theoreticians of comedy, get your thinking caps on!

Is it right wing humour? It was just texters humorously reacting to the overly-sensitive Irish Times journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Is it right wing humour? It was just texters humorously reacting to the overly-sensitive Irish Times journalist.

I guess the point is... where was the humour? It was just standard right wing cribbing. 'Snowflakes' haha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Somehow I doubt it was Irish Times journalist considering they are banned from Newstalk and Today Fm for the guts of a year.

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt it was Irish Times journalist considering they are banned from Newstalk and Today Fm for the guts of a year.

You're right. She writes the Irish edition of the Times. Is that owned by a different group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You're right. She writes the Irish edition of the Times. Is that owned by a different group?

Completely different, The Times is UK newspaper with subsection for Ireland. I subscribe to both and they charge me separately. :D

It's not really humour, no. But pretty clearly right-wing. To paraphrase sometime's line about Rudy Giuliani, some people seem to think that if you have a noun, a verb, and "triggered" in a sentence, it's utterly hilarious.

The IT is owned by a domestic trust (highly originally called the "Irish Times Trust"). The Times (of London) by Rupert Murdoch, the international tyrant.

You're likely not the only person to be confused. Vinnie B was always saying how one or other of the newspapers had scolded him for giving their respective name in a confusing manner. Or maybe he'd said "The London Times", which is clearer, but they don't care for it, as they're officially just The Times. (You'll call us by our proper title, ya little bollix, etc.)

Some good times surely but what about the grinding poverty, backstreet abortions, religious domination, Magdalene laundries etc, give me 21st century any day.

RBB was speaking some sense for a while there, wow! Great panel discussion overall, talk radio at its best today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Had to laugh this morning when pat talking to the english guy about Ryanair. ....He says ....'of course pilots earn more than you or I Pat but that's because they do a very important job......blah blah blah......to which pats only response was .....'hmmmm'. The guy obviously isn't aware of how important a job radio presenting is in Ireland given the amount they get paid !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Had to laugh this morning when pat talking to the english guy about Ryanair. ....He says ....'of course pilots earn more than you or I Pat but that's because they do a very important job......blah blah blah......to which pats only response was .....'hmmmm'. The guy obviously isn't aware of how important a job radio presenting is in Ireland given the amount they get paid !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skinny fat?

*turns off bullshìt radio*

*hates modern world*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Skinny fat?

*turns off bullshìt radio*
    Hah!

Snap :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jeez that must be the 4th week in a row the technology slot has promoted the Huawei phone after someone 'texted' in asking which phone to buy.
    I think She also said she has one herself,
    I wonder was it given to her for free to review?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Jeez that must be the 4th week in a row the technology slot has promoted the Huawei phone after someone 'texted' in asking which phone to buy.
    I think She also said she has one herself,
    I wonder was it given to her for free to review?

It's not as if it's going to be head and shoulders above the array of other similar or better spec'd Android phones either.

Pat's inherent anti-union bias on display again today (and yesterday). It is becoming very tedious. I wonder did RTE keep his natural inclinations in check, or is this to do with the editorial line of Newstalk/O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Pat's inherent anti-union bias on display again today (and yesterday). It is becoming very tedious. I wonder did RTE keep his natural inclinations in check, or is this to do with the editorial line of Newstalk/O'Brien.

I reckon when pat was a child, his parents hung a bone around his neck so the dog would play with him!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Does he have an anti union bias? or does he just ask them relevant questions?

From what I've heard it's the relevant questions option.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Does he have an anti union bias? or does he just ask them relevant questions?

From what I've heard it's the relevant questions option.

I think Pat Kenny is the least partisan presenter around. He challenges everyone he interviews equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

Here's an idea for Pat, get Seth Barrett Tillman and Scott Lucas on the show together. Should make for interesting listening. I would hope two academics could engage in a civil discussion.
    Seth has a tendency to lose the rag when he's riled, l taught Pat was going to blow a fuse the other morning when Seth hinted that been an academic was higher up the pecking order than a humble broadcaster. I nearly died laughing. It was great radio.
    Seth seems to rub alot of people up the wrong way, but in my opinion it's good to hear opossing viewpoints.

monstermag wrote: »
    Here's an idea for Pat, get Seth Barrett Tillman and Scott Lucas on the show together. Should make for interesting listening. I would hope two academics could engage in a civil discussion.
    Seth has a tendency to lose the rag when he's riled, l taught Pat was going to blow a fuse the other morning when Seth hinted that been an academic was higher up the pecking order than a humble broadcaster. I nearly died laughing. It was great radio.
    Seth seems to rub alot of people up the wrong way, but in my opinion it's good to hear opossing viewpoints.

I actually had Seth as a lecturer in college. Would never have guessed he was a Republican.

I think Pat Kenny is the least partisan presenter around. He challenges everyone he interviews equally.

I love Pat, he is great, but like all of us he has his biases and his position on unions is pretty clear. I am not saying it is awful or anything but it is unquestionably there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

I actually had Seth as a lecturer in college. Would never have guessed he was a Republican.

I'm not sure if he is a republican. Was he a good lecturer?

Advertisement