Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

monstermag wrote: »
    I'm not sure if he is a republican. Was he a good lecturer?

He was. A very knowledgable man. I think he studied at Harvard.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

He was. A very knowledgable man. I think he studied at Harvard.

I won't hold that against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat away again!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Pat away again!?

I think it's a really stupid idea to have the presenter's name as the name of a show. It sounds silly when another presenter introduces The Pat Kenny Show and then has to explain that it's not Pat Kenny today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He said yesterday that he's taking some time off :( Back to podcasts for me this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

QueensGael wrote: »
    He said yesterday that he's taking some time off :( Back to podcasts for me this morning!

Kieran Cuddihy is great. One of Ireland's best IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Kieran Cuddihy is great. One of Ireland's best IMHO.

I quite like him. But, (there's always a but) I find he can be very dismissive of those with opposing opinions to his.

We all do this, but some, Pat Kenny, can be very good at remaining largely impartial while others, (think Alex Jones) are off the charts biased. Kieran is somewhere between Pat and Alex in my view. Much closer to Pat to be fair.

Pat has a great deal with Newstalk obviously, can't remember him taking this amount of holidays on RTE, why even bother to come in just for Monday?

I just heard Finian McGrath pleading the case of that convicted tax fraud doctor from Howth who is in prison for his actions. Why is a government minister getting involved in this when there is a judicial appeal process available to this tax evader.
    Is there any bandwagon that Finian won't jump on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I just heard Finian McGrath pleading the case of that convicted tax fraud doctor from Howth who is in prison for his actions. Why is a government minister getting involved in this when there is a judicial appeal process available to this tax evader.

Yeah it is pretty shocking really. A Government Minister interfering in the justice process...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Why is a TD who is always shouting for more public expenditure on his various hobbie horses defending a tax evader ... does not compute :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Listening to Pat’s show (bec. I can’t take to Dave on RTE 1). I know he gets some stick here, but I like his sub (he sometimes used bad language which I don’t like)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I think it's a really stupid idea to have the presenter's name as the name of a show. It sounds silly when another presenter introduces The Pat Kenny Show and then has to explain that it's not Pat Kenny today.

Or Phillip B-H filling in for Damo, filling in on Today with Miriam -- as Today with SO'R has been partially and inconsistently rebranded.

Arguably "with" isn't quite so bad, as without that you still have "The Today Show", but Plankless, TPKS is just... The Show.

honeybear wrote: »
    Listening to Pat’s show (bec. I can’t take to Dave on RTE 1).

I think Tubs is shockingly bad these days. Or maybe I've just already had my lifetime quota of him. And yet... they managed to find a sub that's worse.

Makes a sort of job-security sense, I suppose.

Healy again today ffs.

I thought the 'cup of tea' sex education/consent clip was so stupid it was hilarious.
    It does have some potential as a comedy sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Healy again today ffs.

I think everyone can agree, no matter what side of the political divide you're on, that he's an irritant.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Most Iranians want regime change but face extreme repressive violence before they can achieve it. Their regime wasted the finiancial benefit from the nuclear deal on foreign adventures. The Iranian dictatorship is now considered morally superior to Trump who was legitimately elected and has started no wars by Healy and his "ilk" ( he didn't like someone using that expression). Not only the usual Trump Derangement Syndrome but ignorant TDS as well.
    Healy is really dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Water charges softening up continues!

Water charges softening up continues!

Water softening cost money. I know because I have to pay for mine.......unlike the freeloaders who think water costs nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Water softening cost money. I know because I have to pay for mine.......unlike the freeloaders who think water costs nothing.

So do I, always have through general taxation, motor tax & property tax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Healy again today ffs.
    I can't cope with him. have to switch off instantly.

quintana76 wrote: »
    Most Iranians want regime change but face extreme repressive violence before they can achieve it. Their regime wasted the finiancial benefit from the nuclear deal on foreign adventures. The Iranian dictatorship is now considered morally superior to Trump who was legitimately elected and has started no wars by Healy and his "ilk" ( he didn't like someone using that expression). Not only the usual Trump Derangement Syndrome but ignorant TDS as well.
    Healy is really dreadful.

quintana76 doesn't think Newstalk presenters are nearly right-wing enough. Part 608 of an occasional series.

Healy again today ffs.

I don't listen to show at all when Pats away and hes presenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I listened to some podcasts of recent shows last night and don’t mind Pat’s sub-the chef and feet experts are very good contributors

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

alaimacerc wrote: »
    quintana76 doesn't think Newstalk presenters are nearly right-wing enough. Part 608 of an occasional series.

Only within the world of cognitive dissonance currently inhabited by the left could calling for a popular revolt to overthrow a theocratic dictatorship be deemed right wing.

Only within the world of cognitive dissonance currently inhabited by the left could calling for a popular revolt to overthrow a theocratic dictatorship be deemed right wing.

You can say that again....(because I couldn't).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Wouldn't claiming "Most Iranians want regime change", despite the the fact there was a presidential election only last year...be a form of cognitive dissonance?

Ahwell wrote: »
    Wouldn't claiming "Most Iranians want regime change", despite the the fact there was a presidential election only last year...be a form of cognitive dissonance?

They're not really voting on whether the "regime" should be changed or not. The Supreme Leader, the constitution establishing it as an "Islamic Republic", etc, abide. And of course which candidates are allowed to stand in the first place is restricted.

(One might also note what direct popular vote does and doesn't determine in the US system, too. Though no-one would claim the two are at the same point in the flawed democracy/hybrid regime scale. Yet.)

• Advertisement

Our policy is not regime change.

I keep forgetting that you're the political "mainstream", q76. It's just almost everyone else that's the crazed left-wing fringe.

Advertisement