Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

humberklog wrote: »
    Healy in all next week too. O'Rourke and Kenny must be off picking lychees on a kibbutz, laughing like drains.

It does seem like O'Rourke has been away for an age. I mean even Tubridy is back at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

It does seem like O'Rourke has been away for an age. I mean even Tubridy is back at this stage.

To be ever so slightly fair, this was at least well flagged. They announced it would be a "career break" until September or so. (Or "autumn" or "after the summer", or some such form of words.)

It has been rather comical when they end up about 6-ply on the fill-in presenters, mind.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I would ask Spicer, "At what point did he realise that lying was a fundamental part of his job and why did he think that was ok?"

Second question would be whether he lied of his own volition of whether it was on the orders of Trump.

Third question would be "Are you lying now and how would we know that you aren't since you clearly accept that lying is appropriate to achieve a goal".

That'd be bound to go down well. Look at Spicer's apoplectic bluster when MO'C, hardly the rottweiler of the airwaves, asked him about his infamous "largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe"... statement. Apparently he regards it as an inexpertly executed attempt at being Jesuitical. I think most others would use the "pants of fire" category.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

alaimacerc wrote: »
    To be ever so slightly fair, this was at least well flagged. They announced it would be a "career break" until September or so. (Or "autumn" or "after the summer", or some such form of words.)

I do remember hearing something like that alright. He's hardly burned out from just the couple of hours a day. Or is he sick of it already. He's probably RTE's best presenter at this stage. He's just as good as Pat Kenny and has a better sense of humour.

I do remember hearing something like that alright. He's hardly burned out from just the couple of hours a day. Or is he sick of it already.
    No idea. Maybe he has a "project" on the go. Maybe he just fancied an especially long laze on a beach somewhere. But at least it was planned, and announced, if somewhat vaguely. And the choice of wording as a "career break" implies it's a one-off -- or "will only pull this stunt one year very five", perhaps -- rather than "these are my silly-season holliers from now on".

Nice Ts&Cs if you can get 'em, no mistake.
    He's just as good as Pat Kenny and has a better sense of humour.

That's some very Old Testament damning with faint praise you have going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Oh ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Oh ffs.

Is Pat ever coming back?:(

Should be called "Today featuring Pat Kenny".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

I hope he's back soon, just endured Jonathan and some new teacher union chief competing to be the more sanctimonious one :( Over to Miriam in 5... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Good conversation between Jonathan and David McWilliams this morning on the issue relating to property ownership and housing requirements.

David always strikes me as someone who "seems" to know exactly what he is talking about and when I hear him speak part of me thinks he should be involved in policy somehow.

Then I remind myself of the experience of George Lee and Shane Ross and I realise it's easy talk the talk.....

• Advertisement

Should be called "Today featuring Pat Kenny".

Today, Pat Kenny resting in its account.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pat's back next week.

That was a long long August for morning radio in Ireland.

The sort of Americans who vote for Trump don't leave the Country, so will be no impact on tourism here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Seth is not a happy camper about trump protests

His voice got all helium!!

The sort of Americans who vote for Trump don't leave the Country, so will be no impact on tourism here.
    Overgeneralisation. There are plenty of country-club Republicans that will have voted for Trump, while feeling fainting embarrassed and holding their noses, but will nonetheless feel irked if they see some bunch of uppity furriners not "respecting the office". (We'll gloss over how much "respecting the office" the GOP managed from 2008-2016, say.)

I'm sure none of us could have seen that coming.

No idea. Maybe he has a "project" on the go. Maybe he just fancied an especially long laze on a beach somewhere.

More the latter than for the former, it seems. https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/i-dont-like-admitting-this-but-i-was-starting-to-question-my-enthusiasm-37273947.html

The Trier-Koblenz cycle I had notions of doing myself, so can't blame him for that. The other seven weeks of holidays, though...

Pat back with a bang, got your woman on the ropes.

Talk jock has a go at the public services, Newstalk demographic goes wild.

You have to question the logic that says you have to pay a half-mil for this sort of business model, mind you.

Talk jock has a go at the public services, Newstalk demographic goes wild.

You have to question the logic that says you have to pay a half-mil for this sort of business model, mind you.

Pretty much all salaries are based on points/educational status achieved, nothing got to do with having a go at pub sec.

• Advertisement

They do. I've had plenty in my shop especially this summer.

They do. I've had plenty in my shop especially this summer.

How'd you know, Trump badges?

Pretty much all salaries are based on points/educational status achieved, nothing got to do with having a go at pub sec.

What, they're paying Pat that because of his various honorary degrees, or something? You seem to be arguing against your own point!

Ask them.

What, they're paying Pat that because of his various honorary degrees, or something? You seem to be arguing against your own point!

?? I mean in general for most people, obviously footballers, pop stars etc don't, do you not understand that a lot of salaries are based on educational achievement/points?

Ask them.

I'd never ask people I'm doing bussiness with who they voted for.

I didn't say you did not did I ask would you?

???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What kind of loser asks a stranger from another country who they voted for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Throw a SAD in there and that could be a Trump tweet :pac:

I saw a guy in Cork in a MAGA hat on Saturday, far too old to be doing it ironically.

Glad to see Pat back, this "in how many ways is Leo just fantastic, let's count them" is a bit vommy though, he's really softballing them.

Advertisement