Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

At least he's more articulate than Charlie Wolff who sounds like a semi-senile granddad when he talks about Trump on RTE.

The BBC Papers review has him on occasionally. This side of "Lord Digby", I think he must be about the worst contributor -- out of a large rotating cast, mind -- on the programme.

Doesn't have anything in the least bit interesting to say, and can't even say it so much as appreciable fragments of sentences.

He's a bit less shouty than the other fellow, that's about his only redeeming feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Barry White is in Donegal trying to find out what way the people there are going to vote in the presidential election.................it would be easier to herd mice at a crossroads!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Edwina Currie well able for him. She puts his pontificating and imagined superior knowledge firmly in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

mattser wrote: »
    Edwina Currie well able for him. She puts his pontificating and imagined superior knowledge firmly in its place.

She sounds like Comical Ali.

Xn-oSZzuFWmw_IrA4LMSbj2OOm7tuQL-K3CvsyBSy6matZWg4MvAaq2wqKLVgwjkJquxRwxcNcTRBWf8uuu3D4f7Xia865ybXhjUY-ygNJMcpiMbpq7t9v-DrCmJWrWxVT6kB-W-COYu-8KRmkTVhrvp-MjoaO4lS7vA9_S5w0LRhwUwgR3JHGHhZ8wsR3bdK-WbC47AjvqR_WT9oKuEejbHwf7G0qcsPHO22hsAz_g5SH25zXtirB1myn2s42nQ_Hlwl_YUsJuVSqaneiQzfH66kuTRGbU72ajYvQbCGTOeHTEOpuN6IG_KSL4KdptEMLbKl-PQJTQF7kcanK1oGeGWoxw_UULbARsQCaNT03O2cV8n55kwJvZf8rKxrGQOgMvosNi7KJUGpjTxgKI24b6cS5UbEPNmSBu0INu7NT7diMkYdB5QsX-89Mu8VbZT8mU7BWeaXDGck7xxbqlYGDcVmtycC8R9FEIAQAvg4g4SFAoUzbcKKJRPrmiQEpx-t-iBX2PytsovvKARM331XrN4g2mcr-zszqIawTMtYPuuJga5Bg6SHBSwA91upipgtQC3Lx-CfJFisJcUQKiiLy-bPcF1Ryyv6piWClyRijl6V5b2y72GEi-DfK2Pu40_=w600-h450-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

mattser wrote: »

Thought they got rid of that ****.
    Spouting any old shoite for a fee. No idea why they persist with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

I must admit it was comical when she called him out on the employment issue. I could nearly see the radio steaming. He absolutely HATES being corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Pat Kenny on a week long erection with Peter Casey's comments on Travellers and then welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Finns miles ahead of us on homelessness, this should be adopted here. Plus the authorities build a load of affordable housing, whole thing makes sense!

The Irish are filthy pigs, seen people throwing crap on the ground even in areas with bins loads of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Finns miles ahead of us on homelessness, this should be adopted here. Plus the authorities build a load of affordable housing, whole thing makes sense!

I'd like if Pat had asked questions such as.

What choice do people get in where they get a social house?

What happens if tenants of a social house misbehave, or do not keep their side of the bargain?

How are occupants of social housing viewed within society, is there judgement of the homeowner on having to support them?

If Eoghan Murphy was on Finnish radio talking about Irish initiatives and the HAO scheme, it would probably make us sound proactive yet we hear a lot of complaints about it here.

I don't doubt the speaker, but there's more to it than it is something which is easily done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

He's doing an item about Trump shortly. Looking forward to the reaction* of the right-wing snowflakes on here to his entirely reasonable pointing out of Trump's hypocrisy.

*I'm not. It'll be tedious. As usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

He always has a thump Trump slot on most mornings

Borderfox wrote: »
    He always has a thump Trump slot on most mornings

Think you can thank Trump for that. He says something significant (and somewhat crazy) most days. Absolutely critical that it continues to be discussed that we don't start to see it as "normal acceptable behaviour" in my view.

The scum cheering that cockroach Trump make me ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Will go down in history as worse President in US history, truly horrible "human being".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The scum cheering that cockroach Trump make me ill.

Moronic statements like that make me just like him more.
    Coming from a guy who hated him when he announced he was running, and then seeing the lunatics having meltdowns just made me warm to the guy.

And think of all the voters in the US this happened to too....

This is why he won, so they can keep up the hissy fits - just makes it more likely that he'll win in 2020.
    Pat Kenny is a joke, he calls Trump a fascist daily on his show.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Trump should apologise to the plain people of Ireland on this board that he has offended with all the blackguarding and putting on.

He won't of course the louser. Sickens me so it does what hes allowed get away with in America.

withless wrote: »
    Trump should apologise to the plain people of Ireland on this board that he has offended with all the blackguarding and putting on.

He won't of course the louser. Sickens me so it does what hes allowed get away with in America.

You don't seem to understand how connected the world is and how the practices extolled by someone as powerful as the president of America influences acceptable behaviour worldwide.

He is doing nothing to Ireland directly, but he is the single biggest influencer on the world stage.

Ignoring that because of the Atlantic ocean is ostrich type behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I agree with you 100% hes a pup plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pat Kenny is a joke, he calls Trump a fascist daily on his show.
    :rolleyes:

No he doesn't and that's easily researched. Why did you need to create that lie to make your point?

humberklog wrote: »
    No he doesn't and that's easily researched. Why did you need to create that lie to make your point?

He hints at it constantly, ok he doesn't say those exact words... but for example ... talking about 1930s rise of the far right, and then saying how after WWII it seemed that fascism was a thing of the past --- then Trump is elected ...

This type of crap is dishonest, and he is constantly at it.
    Every day on his show.

He hints at it constantly, ok he doesn't say those exact words...

And the liberal left are the ones who see outrage everywhere.....

And the liberal left are the ones who see outrage everywhere.....

Am I outraged ?
    Just stating facts that PK is extremely biased and will harp on and on about this but then just wait till we see how actually did this and watch him zip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

You don't seem to understand how connected the world is and how the practices extolled by someone as powerful as the president of America influences acceptable behaviour worldwide.

He is doing nothing to Ireland directly
    One could argue that his behaviour enabled Peter Casey ... another "Celebrity" Businessman buffoon who "tells it like it is" by punching down on the poor.

Pat really giving it to this compo culture moanbag, good man Pat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat really giving it to this compo culture moanbag, good man Pat!

Its very good.

When the teachers were striking a few years ago, closing the schools down for almost two school weeks, was this fella on advocating suing the ASTI and their mates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He hints at it constantly, ok he doesn't say those exact words... but for example ... talking about 1930s rise of the far right, and then saying how after WWII it seemed that fascism was a thing of the past --- then Trump is elected ...

This type of crap is dishonest, and he is constantly at it.
    Every day on his show.

You make a statement, say it isn't actually true, then immediately claim someone else is dishonest.

Aye caramba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Am I outraged ?
    Just stating facts that PK is extremely biased and will harp on and on about this but then just wait till we see how actually did this and watch him zip up.

One if the many disappointing things of this whole presidency is the way quite a few words are simply misused.

Honest/dishonest, as we have just seen, are fired around like nobody's business.

Bias suggests a preformed opinion, when in fact Pat, like most of us, has based his opinion on what he's seen and heard from the president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gotta say im disappointed.

weve had 2yrs of hitler talk about trump and STILL no death camps.

:D

Advertisement