Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Michael Healy-Rae on speaking about the adjustment to drink driving penalties this morning.

He actually spoke a lot about the alternatives to alcoholic drinks and suggested that the companies needed to continue to develop the range available.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

gotta say im disappointed.

weve had 2yrs of hitler talk about trump and STILL no death camps.

:D

I guess camps that see children torn from their mothers aren't enough for you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I guess camps that see children torn from their mothers aren't enough for you :cool:

ya mean the ones Obama set up?

cant blame Trump for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Trump, Trump is bad m'kay? And if you vote for Trump you're bad because Trump is bad m'kay?

That's right. Because of an immigration crisis in 2014 that saw far greater numbers trying to enter the US illegally than is the case now. Trump's hyperbole has convinced the easily swayed and those looking for things to confirm their bias that what's happening now is unprecedented. It's not.

But I can blame Trump for the standardising of the separation of children from their parents. Because when I say...

camps that see children torn from their mothers aren't enough for you

It's the 'children torn from their mothers' part that I'm suggesting is an issue rather than the 'camps'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Trump is NOT my President!

withless wrote:
    Trump is NOT my President!

Are you American? If not, your statement is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Are you American? If not, your statement is a bit pointless.

If he is American he's wrong.

kneemos wrote:
    If he is American he's wrong.

I know, but at least it would be somewhat applicable.

Either way, think the statements are being made to provoke an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

People are only short of blaming Trump for the Iraq war, and faking the moon landing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This guy is dreaming, I live in apartments on Finglas Road and can only get crappy Digiweb. Sky, Eir or Virgin wont provide proper broadband on my floor (3rd) its availible on first though. Isolated places no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

shhh, don't talk sense and facts here

I wonder is there a certain community of people involved in the Badger baiting practice ?
    I wonder ...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

christ pat is some plank.
    trump is anti jewish yet some of his family are jewish?
    hillary clinton says blacks are all the same not a sausage.
    if trump had said that wow the double standards...

On Trump being anti-jewish. It seemed without the pressue of his family his comments would have been much weaker in condeming what happened.

New York Times
    It took the importuning of Mr. Trump’s Jewish daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, to craft a powerful statement of outrage at anti-Semitism after Saturday’s mass shooting in Pittsburgh

On Hilary, is it not the case, that she made the comment glibly in response to the interviewer mixing up two individuals to indicate that that is a common narrative which exists in some quarters as opposed to stating that this was her view? Context is key.

I think also given that one is the president of America and was being discussed in relation to a topic where 11 people were killed is self-explanatory in why it was being discussed by Pat this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

On Trump being anti-jewish. It seemed without the pressue of his family his comments would have been much weaker in condeming what happened.

New York Times
    It took the importuning of Mr. Trump’s Jewish daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, to craft a powerful statement of outrage at anti-Semitism after Saturday’s mass shooting in Pittsburgh

On Hilary, is it not the case, that she made the comment glibly in response to the interviewer mixing up two individuals to indicate that that is a common narrative which exists in some quarters as opposed to stating that this was her view? Context is key.

I think also given that one is the president of America and was being discussed in relation to a topic where 11 people were killed is self-explanatory in why it was being discussed by Pat this morning.

lol yeah context. what context was blacks are super predators?

lol yeah context. what context was blacks are super predators?

Care to explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

464939.JPG

Doesn't rhyme. Worst poem ever. 0/10

If Trump has said that about black people - cities across America would be burning right now..

• Advertisement

If Trump has said that about black people - cities across America would be burning right now..

Again, context.

If trump had said it, I bet he'd have done so in a different context.

(probably because he was hoping that cities would see violence in fact)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

People's quickness to defend Trump using the same out-of-context, whataboutery rhetoric that Trump himself uses is quite alarming around here.

Oh, and the constant references to Hillary.

Trump won over 2 years ago lads, stop talking about Hillary.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Doubt it. I think he was spot on when he said "I could shoot someone and I wouldn't lose any voters". And that during his campaign in '16.

Still the "wah-wah Hillary" wagon trundles on. I'm no fan of hers but what she said needs to be taken in the tone and manner she said it: And it was the opposite of racist. But an unfortunate quotable line all the same and something Trump supporters will twist and jump all over.
    But even a halfhead knows that it's a disingenuous reaction.

But Trump could say that and worse and there'd be no burning cities. He's pushed the norms for presidential decorum so far out that there's an acceptance of his behaviour but everyone else still has to stay within the parameters of accepted and expected norms.

I think that's all PK does really. He goes back in time to all of 2 years ago and holds the present President's actions and behaviour up to the actions and behaviours of past Presidents.

If an ex first lady and political has-been is going to have every flippant throw away line jumped all over surely an actual ****ing president should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Pat gave a masterclass in interviewing just now with Lynda La Plante, disarmed her and we heard the real person warts and all give a frank and funny account of her trials and tribulations throughout her career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Another Peter Casey character assassination squad rolled out on national airwaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Pat having to jump in to challenge the lies being told by the political panel about Peter Casey .

And lies about Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭DeadHand

The discussion pretty much encapsulates everything wrong with the Irish media.

Plain lies and inaccuracies, like that woman trying to blame Trump for the Pittsburgh shooting, she had to be told by Pat (who is making some attempt at balance, in fairness) that the shooter openly dispised Trump.

And then Casey. Predictably enough, the panel is fully stacked with firmly anti-Casey “progressivists”, I and the other 300 odd thousand members of the public who voted for Casey on the strength of his comments and principled stand thereon are, once again, not represented.

The immensely smug man on the panel managed, of course, to inject the word “racist” into the Casey “discussion” thereby proving his breathtaking ignorance of Casey’s comments, the English language or, more likely, his own rank dishonesty. He insulted all the people who suffer and have suffered historically from racism in doing so.

Said self-regarding dick proceeds to bemoan his lack of a right to reply to his ideological opponents and their attempts to rip away his platform... On national radio... On the flagship radio programmers of one of the nation’s largest broadcasters... Totally unchallenged...

At this point I switch off, I doubt I’ll be switching on again for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

5555555555 wrote: »
    Pat having to jump in to challenge the lies being told by the political panel about Peter Casey .

In fairness to Pat he has put across the Casey voters point of view a number of times this week without qualifying every other word. He's the only broadcaster I've heard do this.

There's no balance on these panels in general but today was really taking the biscuit. That thicko from the inner city masquerading as a politician gets way too much airtime. Chap has never had an original thought in his life.

They're in for a shock come the next GE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

That thicko from the inner city masquerading as a politician

Would that be the elected Dublin City councillor with the degree in history and political science you're talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

5555555555 wrote: »

And lies about Trump

Shock!..horror!...lies about the George Washington of modern day politics.

Advertisement