Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Who were the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Joan Bruton
    Catherine Noone
    Gary Gannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

5555555555 wrote: »
    Joan Bruton
    Catherine Noone
    Gary Gannon

Thought Gannon came accross very well, first time I heard of him.

Ahwell wrote: »
    Shock!..horror!...lies about the George Washington of modern day politics.

The point being that the lie was so blatant even PK had to step in and call it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The point being that the lie was so blatant even PK had to step in and call it out.

Were they really bad....
    Like this bad.
    Trump is averaging -- AVERAGING -- 30 false or misleading claims a day in the last seven weeks. And, per the Fact Checker, he often of late soars far above that average. As one example: On October 22, when he traveled to Houston to hold a rally for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R), Trump, said 83 untrue things in a single day. 83!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

...and what's your opinion on Trumps perpetual blatant lying? Which is my point.

Ahwell wrote: »
    ...and what's your opinion on Trumps perpetual blatant lying? Which is my point.

My opinion is that he is an absolute clown and there is no need to make up lies about him. It would be much more effective to report the facts on him and no t show their bias so openly.

My opinion is that he is an absolute clown and there is no need to make up lies about him. It would be much more effective to report the facts on him and no t show their bias so openly.

I don't get this.

Person 1: Stop calling Trump an idiot.
    Person 2: I will when he stops acting like an idiot.
    Trump: I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot.
    PErson 2: See??
    Person 1: You're so biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They give their opinions. Perfectly legitimate to be biased.

kneemos wrote: »
    They give their opinions. Perfectly legitimate to be biased.

No today they lied about Trump and Casey and PK had to call them on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Would that be the elected Dublin City councillor with the degree in history and political science you're talking about?

Ah Gary what a classy inner city boy :D
    https://twitter.com/downgerd/status/1058148386719850496?s=19

I don't get this.

Person 1: here is a fact about Trump
    Person 2: that's not actually true
    PErson 1: well it doesn't matter if I lie about Trump. He lies all the time
    Person 2: You're so biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't get this.

Boards: But what about Hilary???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Completely ignored the FAI Cup final on the Sports preview this morning.

**** the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

That thicko from the inner city masquerading as a politician

Would that be the elected Dublin City councillor with the degree in history and political science you're talking about?

Next you'll be telling me the the president of the United States of America has a degree from the Wharton School of Business and is a very stable genius.

Can't be true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Gosh Pat is very balanced on his Mid Term election piece.

SexBobomb wrote:
    Gosh Pat is very balanced on his Mid Term election piece.

He is in that he's telling the truth.
    Seems strange (and unfair) to some.

I wouldn't consider myself a Trump fan, but neither do I see him as the Anti-Christ. I guess I'm just tired of hearing the Trump opinion pieces.

SexBobomb wrote:
    I wouldn't consider myself a Trump fan, but neither do I see him as the Anti-Christ. I guess I'm just tired of hearing the Trump opinion pieces.

Yeah, I understand the amount he is in the news is incredible.

They're not just opinion pieces though. They're active news and influencing certainly that country but (because of its influence) the wider world. Trump drives the narrative by the content and frequency of his actions.

Anti-Christ is a strong word, I wouldn't go that far, but I would go close to it.

He is incredibly ignorant, selfish and dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

He is in that he's telling the truth.
    Seems strange (and unfair) to some.

Nonsense. Kenny and Matt Mangina on Today FM would never have subjected Barry Obama to the same treatment. In fact they were falling over themselves to praise him, while he was ramping up drone attacks on villagers in Pakistan.

What people like you need to understand is that people like Kenny, Mangina and others will criticise a sitting President based on whether he holds "acceptable" opinions or not. Trump is a Republican and therefore is the devil incarnate. Barry on the other hand held acceptable opinions and was therefore the messiah.

The bias towards the Democratic Party in the Irish media is sickening.

• Advertisement

Stoolcup wrote: »
    Nonsense. Kenny and Matt Mangina on Today FM would never have subjected Barry Obama to the same treatment. In fact they were falling over themselves to praise him, while he was ramping up drone attacks on villagers in Pakistan.

What people like you need to understand is that people like Kenny, Mangina and others will criticise a sitting President based on whether he holds "acceptable" opinions or not. Trump is a Republican and therefore is the devil incarnate. Barry on the other hand held acceptable opinions and was therefore the messiah.

The bias towards the Democratic Party in the Irish media is sickening.

A - Who is Barry Obama?
    B - They are judging him on his words and actions. What else should they do?
    C - Thank God we have access to Fox News, Infor Wars and the Daily Express so we can get balanced opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

SexBobomb wrote:

I just laugh a lot at American politics and Trump.

Some people here just take it too seriously when it doesn't even affect them.

It affects all of us though.
    His influence on climate deals will impact us (if not today or tomorrow).

Would Peter Casey be aiming for the office of An Taoiseach if Trump hadn't changed the norms?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think it does "affect" them a bit in the language they've started using such as Libtard etc. : ).

Jayziz, the one at the start of the show Brigid Kelly from Galway Traveller group was painful to listen too and she's supposed to be a spokesperson?!

Would Peter Casey be aiming for the office of An Taoiseach if Trump hadn't changed the norms?
    In terms of a non- career politician going for the position ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

The President of the United States affects us all. It affects some more than others but there is none of us free from the power that role has.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    In terms of a non- career politician going for the position ?

In terms of someone with a very loose understanding of the structures and routines of running a government thinking they are fit to lead it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The President of the United States affects us all. It affects some more than others but there is none of us free from the power that role has.

If that was true, which it's not, why isn't there similar focus on Germany or France or China?

The vast majority of stories that comes from Trump in the last 2 years has had zero effect on Ireland or Irish people.

The cabinet sackings and changes for example. The books written on Trump. Makes no difference to anyone here and yet they receive massive attention here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

If that was true, which it's not, why isn't there similar focus on Germany or France or China?

The vast majority of stories that comes from Trump in the last 2 years has had zero effect on Ireland or Irish people.

The cabinet sackings and changes for example. The books written on Trump. Makes no difference to anyone here and yet they receive massive attention here.

American politics and in particular the POTUS affects us all. It isn't a matter for debate. The most powerful economy, military force on Earth. You are changing the goal posts now to say that the daily trials and tribulations may not impact on Ireland or Irish people. That is clear but it is not what you said initially or what I said in resposne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

A - Who is Barry Obama?
    B - They are judging him on his words and actions. What else should they do?
    C - Thank God we have access to Fox News, Infor Wars and the Daily Express so we can get balanced opinions.

I have a question for you: Do you think Pat Kenny would ever have called Barack Obama a liar on air?

Advertisement