Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I know but how is paying more tax going to stop a natural phenomenon which has been occurring since the dawn of time.

What can our government realistically do to impact the situation?

3 Words.

Rate. Of. Change

APP_global_temperature_proxy_data_v5.png?itok=B0rz2EjE

Human Industrial activity is impacting natural cycles. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

a natural phenomenon which has been occurring since the dawn of time.
    Indeed. The next thing they'll be telling us is that the earth is round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

The interview with Robert Fisk was weak.

Fisk is always let away with no real scrutiny applied (not just by Pat mind).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The interview with Robert Fisk was weak.

Fisk is always let away with no real scrutiny applied (not just by Pat mind).

Thought it was great, what would you ask him, Fisk always comes across as fair and someone who does their research thoroughly?

Surprised Pat is live today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Surprised Pat is live today.

I could use many words to describe him, but that would certainly not be on my list.
    10.01 am .... Trump Trump Trump Trump.......

About as dead boring as you can get.

mattser wrote: »
    I could use many words to describe him, but that would certainly not be on my list.
    10.01 am .... Trump Trump Trump Trump.......

About as dead boring as you can get.

News flash. It's a current affairs show. Not a low brain demand entertainment show.

Those shows exist, there's nothing wrong with them, Pats show isn't one of them.

News flash. It's a current affairs show. Not a low brain demand entertainment show.

Those shows exist, there's nothing wrong with them, Pats show isn't one of them.

It's a show for nerds with a minus personality, just like the host.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Kenny is dreadful, absolutely dreadful.

I don't know how anyone listens to him. He spends most of his interviews giving his own opinion, asking leading questions to the person interviewed to back that opinion up and usually his opinions are based entirely on nothing other than his own ignorance.

mattser wrote: »
    It's a show for nerds with a minus personality, just like the host.

Enjoy.

Why do you listen to something you don't enjoy? There's 1000's of options out there.

(oh, I bet I know, you don't listen yourself but you're at work/in a shop/taxi where it's on and can't avoid it...)

I don't know how anyone listens to him. He spends most of his interviews giving his own opinion, asking leading questions to the person interviewed to back that opinion up and usually his opinions are based entirely on nothing other than his own ignorance.

So, you listen to him, and don't know how anyone listens to him?

• Advertisement

And dare anyone contradict him. The thin veneer slips when he is corrected on anything.

Why do you listen to something you don't enjoy? There's 1000's of options out there.

(oh, I bet I know, you don't listen yourself but you're at work/in a shop/taxi where it's on and can't avoid it...)

Don't get that either, eg I hate Hook, Tubridy and Yates and never listen to them, so many other options as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Don't get that either, eg I hate Hook, Tubridy and Yates and never listen to them, so many other options as you say.

Do ye remember that guy ghiertal who was posting in the radio forum for years about how he was 'getting sick' of Tubridy and couldn't bear to listen to him anymore but somehow couldn't bring himself to switch his radio off or over?:p

Since you asked. . . On occasion I accidentally turn him on Newstalk whilst in the car. I usually listen for the entertainment value associated with such piss poor "journalism". . . . For no more than 10 minutes though as at that stage a lobotomy would be required to listen to Kenny's tripe for any further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Since you asked. . . On occasion I accidentally turn him on Newstalk whilst in the car. I usually listen for the entertainment value associated with such piss poor "journalism". . . . For no more than 10 minutes though as at that stage a lobotomy would be required to listen to Kenny's tripe for any further.

Peter, I can tell you with absolute confidence that if your opinion on Kenny is thus, DO NOT leave your radio tuned to Newstalk for the show that follows Pat.

Peter, I can tell you with absolute confidence that if your opinion on Kenny is thus, DO NOT leave your radio tuned to Newstalk for the show that follows Pat.

Ah yes. . . DOCTOR Ciara.

You're right. . . Even worse than Kenny. Thick as a plank whilst reminding everyone everyday that she has 4 degrees.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah yes. . . DOCTOR Ciara.

You're right. . . Even worse than Kenny. Thick as a plank whilst reminding everyone everyday that she has 4 degrees.

Just curious as to what radio journalist you'd put ahead of Kenny? (Any country, any station).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Joe Duffy. :D

Again with the lie of all the 1200 apartments going for 700 a month, what a toe rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

It's nice to get the view of working class smokers and drinkers from the ivory tower.

• Advertisement

This is a fairly one sided assessment of the year. Nobody prepared to criticise Higgins for leaving his declaration so late that he made it impossible for any other candidate to have a decent run.

This is a fairly one sided assessment of the year. Nobody prepared to criticise Higgins for leaving his declaration so late that he made it impossible for any other candidate to have a decent run.

People were talking since March that Higgins was likely to re-run.
    Anyone could have chosen to campaign on their own merits irrespective of whether or not he ultimately did run. Their campaigns/runs had nothing to do with him.

I think complaining about him leaving it late is just sour grapes that he walked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Talking with an Irish CBD oil producer at the moment.

Can't imagine growing a good product with our climate.

I think complaining about him leaving it late is just sour grapes that he walked it.

Higgins himself complained about a previous President doing similar (i.e. leaving declaring to the latest point possible so as to deter possible prospective candidates), so the man himself had a problem with it up until the point that it served his own purposes.

Higgins himself complained about a previous President doing similar (i.e. leaving declaring to the latest point possible so as to deter possible prospective candidates), so the man himself had a problem with it up until the point that it served his own purposes.

Link please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Pat complaining about medical staff taking time off at Christmas is a bit rich coming from someone that's used to taking off about 12 weeks a year for most of his working life.

Pat complaining about medical staff taking time off at Christmas is a bit rich coming from someone that's used to taking off about 12 weeks a year for most of his working life.

A bit like Yates having a cut at a lady from Iarnrod Eireann ( or Luas ), just before Christmas.
    He was sulking that a reduced service on Stephen's Day would curtail his transport to Leopardstown.
    Necks like the nether regions of those aboard the horses at the self same race meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm sure not being able to listen to a presenter for 12 weeks per year is comparable to being stuck on a trolley or not being able to access needed medical help during holidays.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'm sure not being able to listen to a presenter for 12 weeks per year is comparable to being stuck on a trolley or not being able to access needed medical help during holidays.

Not to mention that others step in in Pat's place when he is out and so the show continues...

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »

Employ more staff and pay them properly.

We're short 1500 nurses and nurses are emigrating.

If Pat wants to leave the comfort of his six figure salary (which is probably ten times the wage of a nurse) & holidays whenever he feels like it then he is free to do so.

Otherwise The Plank can STFU.

Advertisement