Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He is by far the worst presenter on Newstalk.........and that's saying something.

Two words......

Ciara Kelly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

So Barry Andrews, Mary Hannafin and Conor Lenihan are all chasing the FF nomination to run for the euro19 elections in Dublin. Conor was on there before 11am outlinign why he wants to get back into politics, the major project financing work he headed up in Russia etc.
    Healy must have asked him 3 times as to why he was getting back into politics, giving up a lucrative career in the private sector :D. He was sincere in asking him that

The Irish media really are so bloody stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jay0109 wrote: »
    So Barry Andrews, Mary Hannafin and Conor Lenihan are all chasing the FF nomination to run for the euro19 elections in Dublin. Conor was on there before 11am outlinign why he wants to get back into politics, the major project financing work he headed up in Russia etc.
    Healy must have asked him 3 times as to why he was getting back into politics, giving up a lucrative career in the private sector :D. He was sincere in asking him that

The Irish media really are so bloody stupid

How do you mean?
    Was that not a relevant question to ask?

No, not relevant IMO. It's obvious to me that he couldn't hack it in the private sector and he's coming back to politics for the pension, the power, the salary, the expenses.

Ask him once, maybe. But several times....come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

jay0109 wrote: »
    No, not relevant IMO. It's obvious to me that he couldn't hack it in the private sector and he's coming back to politics for the pension, the power, the salary, the expenses.

Ask him once, maybe. But several times....come on!

Of course it's relevant & he should have kept at him 'till he answered ... even if anyone with half a brain knows why he wants back. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭griffin100

There’s a reason Healy is a second line presenter. He really is dire, I lasted through the FT contributor this morning and after that had to switch off.

griffin100 wrote: »
    There’s a reason Healy is a second line presenter. He really is dire, I lasted through the FT contributor this morning and after that had to switch off.

Haven't you heard?
    Every presenter on every show on every station is terrible and none of them should be let near a microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Haven't you heard?
    Every presenter on every show on every station is terrible and none of them should be let near a microphone.

Well said... if the the daily splurge of personalised vitriol, whinging and hot air could be fed into the national grid we'd met our carbon output targets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He can't help himself. He seems to treat the show as an opportunity to air his own views on any topic that is covered. If a contributor has a view that Johnathon doesn't agree with, he becomes positively hostile to them.
    He is by far the worst presenter on Newstalk.........and that's saying something.

Just like the guy he's standing in for. It must be programme policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Callan57 wrote: »
    Of course it's relevant & he should have kept at him 'till he answered ... even if anyone with half a brain knows why he wants back. :rolleyes:

kebabs

• Advertisement

southstar wrote: »
    Well said... if the the daily splurge of personalised vitriol, whinging and hot air could be fed into the national grid we'd met our carbon output targets

Feel free to chip in here with praise for any good interviews on that show. I'll keep an eye out for your and others contributions!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Personal piece on Leo cutting down on meat and caring about being healthy.

Someone suggests that it's better than a previous Taoiseach who was obese and often pictured with a drink glued to his face.

Knob of a presenter asks contributor not to get personal.

I hope they don't pay Healy real money!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Someone suggests that it's better than a previous Taoiseach who was obese and often pictured with a drink glued to his face.

...they pay him in ego vouchers. Suits all sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

THe latter comment could be taken to imply alcholism... something that Newstalk have a real reason to be careful about:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/harney-receives-450000-over-radio-alcoholic-slur-26729698.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat back to kick much ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

It's a pity he can't kick Bertie's ass off of his guests list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Ahwell wrote: »
    It's a pity he can't kick Bertie's ass off of his guests list.

And take Terry Sheridan of WSHU buplic radio with him.

Can Pat please remind that idiot that Britain invaded Ireland and we voluntarily joined the EU for Gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Who exactly is Pat Kenny to decide that leaving Europe is a bad idea. Does he think that all the people of Britain should vote again, because he thinks it's wrong. Every day the same guff from him. "It's madness, it's a mistake". It's what they voted for, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Stonewall Jackson

That was excellent. Edwina not playing to Pats tune on remain. She wasnt entertaining his open willingness to trample all over democracy. Well done Edwina.

Curry is thick as pig **** and a hyocrite.

That was excellent. Edwina not playing to Pats tune on remain. She wasnt entertaining his open willingness to trample all over democracy. Well done Edwina.

Brits made a gigantic mistake and are too arrogant to admit it, idiots.

Why does the Newstalk app have its own ads on top of broadcast ads, sometimes cutting in over actual programmes, awful. FM signal in work terrible, only reason I use it.

Why does the Newstalk app have its own ads on top of broadcast ads, sometimes cutting in over actual programmes, awful. FM signal in work terrible, only reason I use it.

Try the Radio Player app.

It is the same as listening to FM.

Edwina is living in the past. Pat entertains her much like to talking to an elderly relative that you know there is no point trying to talk some sense in to because they are beyond comprehension outside of the narrative in their head.

Brits made a gigantic mistake and are too arrogant to admit it, idiots.
    Curry is thick as pig **** and a hyocrite.

You are very good at going straight to the name calling when you dont agree with something Technocentral.

I'm new here so I dont know your previous posting style but if this is your usual standard, then I don't wish to converse with you.
    Have a good day.

Edwina is living in the past. Pat entertains her much like to talking to an elderly relative that you know there is no point trying to talk some sense in to because they are beyond comprehension outside of the narrative in their head.

You see, I would have read that as: "Pat is living in the past. Edwina entertains him much like talking to an elderly relative". Could easily be the same thing just with the names switched.

Try the Radio Player app.

It is the same as listening to FM.

Tunein has the Newstalk feed so ads on ads too, is Radio App using a different feed?

• Advertisement

Tunein has the Newstalk feed so ads on ads too, is Radio App using a different feed?

No, it is like listening to the FM broadcast (about 30 seconds delayed from real time) but the ads don't come in over the program like you mentioned above being an issue.

Advertisement