Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

The topic was on the show! You seem to be blinding yourself with your righteousness!

There was a discussion on the show abut the rise of anti-semitism in Europe. It touched on just some of the factors IMO, ignoring a fairly obvious one. Various deadly attacks in France for example would bear that out.
    That was poor form for the radio show in question, the subject of this thread. I merely posted my thoughts.

If you'd like to make that into something bigger, knock yourself out. But subjects such as that are usually discussed in more detail over on forums such as AH's! It'll be more fun there too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

"Screw his courage to the sticking place" what the hell does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 onlinepal100

I like PK, and I know he is a VERY intelligent man but at this stage his proposal of ridiculous suggestions in the middle of an interview or his patronising of his listeners is very annoying.

PK ..YOU do not know everything. You cannot, like us mere mortals have an informed opinion on EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

"Screw his courage to the sticking place" what the hell does that mean?

Don't know the context it was used in here, but it's a line from Macbeth. "Screw your courage to the sticking place and we'll not fail," I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I like PK, and I know he is a VERY intelligent man but at this stage his proposal of ridiculous suggestions in the middle of an interview or his patronising of his listeners is very annoying.

PK ..YOU do not know everything. You cannot, like us mere mortals have an informed opinion on EVERYTHING.

Really? Why can't he?

You don't think they have production meetings where they discuss topics and part of which he does his research?
    He thanks his team at the end of each show, and at least two of these are researchers I'm pretty sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That old bat edwina curry on at moment shouting hysterically “we’re leaving”.

Pat shouted goodbye!! back

That horrible woman on again. Aaaaaargh!!!

Edwina curry is pathetic

Calm down dear lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Olivia Munns Bum

Pat getting very angry now that the reality of another vote on Brexit is not happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Edwina curry is pathetic

Calm down dear lol

The arrogance and condecending nature of her stance is pathetic. Granted Pat needs to take the emotion out of his reponse

• Advertisement

Pat getting very angry now that the reality of another vote on Brexit not happening is sinking in.

Who wouldnt after been patronized by that horror story?

Nice one Pat!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You say referendums and I say referenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sigh. She's just talking absolute b*llocks.

Just wandering from one flimsy argument to the next.

"Why did you vote remain?"

"(Rambling nonsense)...it's a great big world, come and join us!"

Jesus.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sigh. She's just talking absolute b*llocks.

Just wandering from one flimsy argument to the next.

"Why did you vote remain?"

"(Rambling nonsense)...it's a great big world, come and join us!"

Jesus.

Her hypocrisy is sickening she was an adamant remainer because she new id would be a disaster, now shes lying and pretending Brexit is a positive thing. Odious woman.

Her hypocrisy is sickening she was an adamant remainer because she new id would be a disaster, now shes lying and pretending Brexitbisa positive thing. Odious woman.

She was best buddies with jimmy savile for years

Disgusting and pathetic woman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

"You'll scare people out of drinking milk..." ssys the person who scared people away from eating eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

The ex remainers are the worst. They annoy me more than the brexiteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

humberklog wrote: »
    "You'll scare people out of drinking milk..." ssys the person who scared people away from eating eggs.

Exactly my thoughts !! I was waiting for Pat to retort with that..... unfortunately not.

Pat dropped the ball there big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Pat's at his best when he keeps calm and polite. Not so this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Pat's at his best when he keeps calm and polite. Not so this morning.

He can't hack it when it's put up to him. Like her or loathe her, she brings out the worst in him. This guy actually hosted the Late Late Toy Show ffs.

macnug wrote: »
    The ex remainers are the worst. They annoy me more than the brexiteers.

They've been on a 'journey' the past 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Her hypocrisy is sickening she was an adamant remainer because she new id would be a disaster, now shes lying and pretending Brexit is a positive thing. Odious woman.

Well she is a Tory party member first and foremost. [Edit: That's not meant to excuse her!]
    (Pat should have pressed her further on her Remain vote.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mattser wrote: »
    He can't hack it when it's put up to him. Like her or loathe her, she brings out the unprofessional thick in him. This guy actually hosted the Late Late Toy Show ffs.

You obviously have some grudge against Pat.
    He is far and away (my view of course) the best current affairs presenter in the country.

I must listen back to the Edwina piece, I didn't hear it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

mattser wrote: »
    He can't hack it when it's put up to him. Like her or loathe her, she brings out the unprofessional thick in him. This guy actually hosted the Late Late Toy Show ffs.

Pat Kenny.........Unprofessional thick ???

Really ?!!?

Wash your mouth out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

You obviously have some grudge against Pat.
    He is far and away (my view of course) the best current affairs presenter in the country.

I must listen back to the Edwina piece, I didn't hear it this morning.

Nothing personal at all. He was good in his day, but has got very ratty in recent years.
    As regards the best in the business, there isn't much opposition to be honest. He's certainly no better than his successor at RTE.
    John Bowman was streets ahead of any of them in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Just me, or is Joanna a bit full of herself?

Wow, Kenny is still talking about moving the Children's hospital to a green field site!

Pay BAM off, build an extension for James on the current construction site with all that car parking space currently being constructed beneath it. And move to Blanch.
    "Could it still be done and for a lot less money?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

jay0109 wrote: »
    Wow, Kenny is still talking about moving the Children's hospital to a green field site!

Pay BAM off, build an extension for James on the current construction site with all that car parking space currently being constructed beneath it. And move to Blanch.
    "Could it still be done and for a lot less money?"

... and then repeat in Blanch :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jaysus, rural types are never happy!

Advertisement