Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I prefer Bobby Kerr. I quite like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hes actually not bad, best stand in yet for Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I like Bobby, good personality for lighter subjects on radio - his weekend show is enjoyable. He's a bit out of his comfort zone covering current affairs IMO though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That piece on Dublin Airport annoyed me.
    The argument for building the second runway was given that they need to increase capacity which will help drive economic activity for the country.

I would much rather see the 900M going in to developing activity at Shannon Airport and Cork (and even Knock) rather than a second runway in Dublin.

It's very frustrating to have people on the West Coast have to travel to Dublin for flights when Shannon is under utilised as it is. I think it would be better for the country as a whole if people from the mid-lands and north west were travelling to Shannon (or Knock) and from the south east and and south west to Cork and similarly if tourists were flying in to these locations.

Maybe re-branding Cork and Shannon as Ireland South International Airport and Ireland West International Airport would lead to greater interest in flying to these locations from abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If I had to nominate a stand in for the week and the options were Jonathan and Bobby, I would definitely be picking Jonathan.

Haha reminds me of Blackadder on the prospect of wedded bliss with Mrs Miggins
    cb7aae43aa4aeb401f9713b325814db4--blackadder-quotes-funny-sayings.jpg

• Advertisement

Who's younger female contributor, v impressive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Just has a terrible voice for radio

If I had to nominate a stand in for the week and the options were Jonathan and Bobby, I would definitely be picking Jonathan.

Healy and his Godawful, sarcastic/condescending voice is insufferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Was he giggling to himself?

Rather listen to a dog barking.

Ah just heard now, Niamh Lyons, don't know the name, v good contributor.

• Advertisement

Healy and his Godawful, sarcastic/condescending voice is insufferable

Some think that. Still would prefer him to Bobby for a week of current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

Has Pat gone on a Trump derangement weekend retreat? Himself and Scott Lucas could detox together and maybe get a couple of rounds of golf in down at Doonbeg.
    Seriously though how did Pat fall for the whole Russian collusion story, it was off the wall from day one. He still won't let it go, he had Scott on the other day looking for reds under the bed, even hinting that the AG William Barr may be in on it. Tin foil hat stuff. I'm surprised at Pat as he's a top class broadcaster. Still it's the best talk show on Irish radio imo.

monstermag wrote: »
    Has Pat gone on a Trump derangement weekend retreat? Himself and Scott Lucas could detox together and maybe get a couple of rounds of golf in down at Doonbeg.
    Seriously though how did Pat fall for the whole Russian collusion story, it was off the wall from day one. He still won't let it go, he had Scott on the other day flogging a dead horse, even hinting that the AG William Barr may be in on it. Tin foil hat stuff. I'm surprised at Pat as he's a top class broadcaster. Still it's the best talk show on Irish radio imo.

You must be one of the few people left who do not believe that there was anything going on between Trump and the Russians.

Trump isn't going to be impeached over it, it isn't going to man he will definitely lose in 2020, but, it still is newsworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You must be one of the few people left who do not believe that there was anything going on between Trump and the Russians.

Most people think the Trump campaign was amateur, depending on the free publicity the media gave him. By all accounts, the Trump side were surprised they won.

So "collusion" is a handy distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't think Trump wanted to win. Putin however certainly wanted him to win.
    If there was any collusion it was by virtue of Russian instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

Trump isn't going to be impeached over it, it isn't going to man he will definitely lose in 2020, but, it still is newsworthy.

Do u really believe that Putin is Trumps puppet master? Now if the annexation of Crimea or the creeping encroachment on Ukraine happened under Trumps watch I'd be with u but no it happened under Obamas watch, it would be ludicrous to think that Obama colluded with Putin just as it is ludicrous believing that Trump colluded with Russia. After two years of the Mueller investigation he found no evidence of collusion. Seems to me Pat, Scott and you won't accept his findings. As for 2020 depends on who the DNC candidate is, as of now don't think Trump will fear any of them.

monstermag wrote: »
    Do u really believe that Putin is Trumps puppet master? Now if the annexation of Crimea or the creeping encroachment on Ukraine happened under Trumps watch I'd be with u but no it happened under Obamas watch, it would be ludicrous to think that Obama colluded with Putin just as it is ludicrous believing that Trump colluded with Russia. After two years of the Mueller investigation he found no evidence of collusion. Seems to me Pat, Scott and you won't accept his findings. As for 2020 depends on who the DNC candidate is, as of now don't think Trump will fear any of them.

I'll hold off until the full report is made public before any definitive judgement. I have no expectation (nor did I ever have) that Mueller was going to find enough to impeach simply because I don't think America could afford to acknowledge that Russia were involved in influencing their most important vote.

AG Barr could hardly be trusted as being entirely impartial in releasing his summary of the report given how he got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

The country that helped him get elected would be the country who has most benefited since be got elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Most people think the Trump campaign was amateur, depending on the free publicity the media gave him. By all accounts, the Trump side were surprised they won.

Trump's campaign wasn't amateur. It was not conventional political campaign but it brilliantly utilised his strengths, mobilising crowd at his rallies and getting traditional media attention through outrageous statements on Twitter and other channels. He is not one of the people but he created impression he is just a rich version of the people. Guardian published a brilliant report from one of his Texas rallies which gives great insight why he has a good chance of winning again.

Trump didn't win because of Putin, he won because of Bannon.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/mar/02/why-donald-trump-could-win-again-by-dave-eggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭griffin100

How big data was used by Cruz and then Trump (?) is outlined here. Far from amateur.

• Advertisement

bunderoon wrote: »
    The country that helped him get elected would be the country who has most benefited since be got elected.

It's pretty silly to think a minor power like Russia could have so much leverage over the USA

Wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of American plotters are behind the whole Russian conspiracy as a way of drumming up support for anti Russian policies, putin is a bit of a brute but zero threat to America

meeeeh wrote:
    Trump didn't win because of Putin, he won because of Bannon.

He won because he got the Republican vote. After 8 years of a Deomcrat, the minority of swing voters switched to Republican. They'll switch back after two Republican terms.

He won because he got the Republican vote. After 8 years of a Deomcrat, the minority of swing voters switched to Republican. They'll switch back after two Republican terms.

There's way more to it than that.

There's way more to it than that.

Like what? A big Russian conspiracy? A historical shift in public opinion to the right? Nope and nope. Just another election in America where Republicans win.

Trump didn't even secure the most votes. The odd electoral system meant he became president.

Most voters stick with the same party for most of their lives. Same thing here. A minority are vulnerable to changing their vote from election to election.

No point getting excited about his election .

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

True. I didn't say Russia. They don't have clout in the major news corps in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Ridiculously soft soaping of Lisa Smith's story. If this was an IRA terrorist in England, nobody in the Irish media would be calling for them back. Can this woman not just report the story without giving her own personal opinions on what should happen. Let the Irish people decide themselves what they think.

Ridiculously soft soaping of Lisa Smith's story. If this was an IRA terrorist in England, nobody in the Irish media would be calling for them back. Can this woman not just report the story without giving her own personal opinions on what should happen. Let the Irish people decide themselves what they think.

Did someone order a strawman?

Her PC Left politics shown through, PK didn't even have to work hard here

Lecturing the Irish people how we need to understand what " causes" people to become radicalised

This journalist is gunning for an IT or RTE full-time gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭plodder

I won't be listening to Pat this morning on the basis of his intro there on the breakfast show. He's just going to air his oft stated grievance that the children's hospital is in the wrong place, despite the PWC report not coming to that conclusion at all. He's also certain that a young lady who wants to go to Mars will in fact do that. Maybe, he'd like to accompany her.

• Advertisement

plodder wrote: »
    I won't be listening to Pat this morning on the basis of his intro there on the breakfast show. He's just going to air his oft stated grievance that the children's hospital is in the wrong place, despite the PWC report not coming to that conclusion at all. He's also certain that a young lady who wants to go to Mars will in fact do that. Maybe, he'd like to accompany her.

I was going to respond with something about needing oversight, needing to highlight the anomalies which exist in our system and how for this to happen, we need people like Pat who don't allow some PR report to pull the wool over his eyes but you know what, I don't think you'd understand.

Advertisement