Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The US allows turning right (with flow of traffic) on red at some junctions nut, that is the law and is signposted so it is acceptable, not that we just decide collectively here that a law should not be adhered to .

Breaking a red light could be made legal once it's safe to do so. I presume you've never heard of this argument?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Breaking a red light could be made legal once it's safe to do so. I presume you've never heard of this argument?

:confused:
    Heard of it? I've just explained to you how it works in America.

Of course it could be argued in its favour, but, that is different to saying that breaking the law as it stands should be allowed by cyclists.

Of course it could be argued in its favour, but, that is different to saying that breaking the law as it stands should be allowed by cyclists.

I just don't see the big deal about it. That's all.

And it's used as a way to demonise cyclists more generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Another waster on looking for a free "foreva" home
    Jesus, don't these utter cretins have any shame ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

"Inspirational person" - fawning all over her, jesus, will she pay for any of this college education she wants ?
    Will she pay for her "foreva" home ?

WILL SHE F*CK ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Another waster on looking for a free "foreva" home
    Jesus, don't these utter cretins have any shame ?

NO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

5 min and I'm out ,Just have to hear that right on smug twat and I'm practically somersaulting across the room to change the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Put the word spa in front of the text before you send it".

Any time you are in studio I always do, Jonathan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

"Inspirational person" - fawning all over her, jesus, will she pay for any of this college education she wants ?
    Will she pay for her "foreva" home ?

WILL SHE F*CK ???

I'm sure it was so easy for her to be moved around and then at 18 she was out with I presume no family to fall back on to. Yes the cheek of her.

She seems to be bright, she might have a chance to become a productive member of a society and hopefully her kids, if she has them, will have more stable life than her.

Or let's kick them out without any support so they can become exactly like their parents. That will work.

I think the biggest criticism of Healy is that he has lost all the jobs he had in Newstalk because of his personality and yet he has refused to change. As Einstein said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and still being a smug, facetious, sarcastic pain in the face". Well something like that.
    How often has he "lost all his jobs"?

He was moved out of one slot when George Hook's show moved, I'm not aware of anything else. And he's still being hired by the station.

It's a private station and Healy doesn't appear to have any nepotostic links to the station which can explain his role there.

I am not Healty's biggest fan, but I think you're underestimating him, and how competitive the media business is in Ireland.

Maybe it's the case that Healy is a lot more talented than his competitors and your grumbling actually has more to do with his perceived political outlook than his talents as a broadcaster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

meeeeh wrote: »
    Or let's kick them out without any support so they can become exactly like their parents. That will work.
    And stupidly enough, for those who believe in this approach, will cost us more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Servese

I think people here are way too hard on Healy. In my opinion he is a breath of fresh air every day.
    After all its a morning time general chat and general interest show.
    He is actually excited about the topics and opens up about himself and his life and family and has an opinion about stuff and can take the piss and give it back.
    Unfortunately these are not Pats best strengths.
    Pat for politics every day but mid morning general interest he is a uncomfortable and robotic.
    Would listen every day with Healy on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Servese wrote: »
    I think people here are way too hard on Healy. In my opinion he is a breath of fresh air every day.
    He is actually excited about the topics and opens up about himself and his life and family and has an opinion about stuff and can take the piss and give it back.
    Pat for politics every day but mid morning general interest he is a uncomfortable and robotic.

Hmmmm. Indeed.

I don't mind him at all but I much rather Pat.

Think Jonathan would be more suited to the Lunchtime Live slot which discusses similar topics albeit more from the perspective of the public than the experts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I don't mind him at all but I much rather Pat.

Think Jonathan would be more suited to the Lunchtime Live slot which discusses similar topics albeit more from the perspective of the public than the experts.

He had that once upon a time and he was as annoying and condescending as ever.

It's not the time, it's his style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'm not interested in Jonathan and the way he injects his soy-boy perspective into topics; too much virtue signalling for my taste - I'll tune back in when Pat is back.

Oh dear God. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

I'll hold off until the full report is made public before any definitive judgement. I have no expectation (nor did I ever have) that Mueller was going to find enough to impeach simply because I don't think America could afford to acknowledge that Russia were involved in influencing their most important vote.

AG Barr could hardly be trusted as being entirely impartial in releasing his summary of the report given how he got the job.
    Verdict

NO COLLUSSION

monstermag wrote: »
    Verdict

NO COLLUSSION

As I said, I'll wait for the full report to be reported, not Trumps sock puppet AG's empty words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

I thought this was a PK Newstalk thread, or whoever happens to be sitting in for him this week.
    There's a big thread for the anti President Trump people elsewhere.

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    I thought this was a PK Newstalk thread, or whoever happens to be sitting in for him this week.
    There's a big thread for the anti President Trump people elsewhere.

Relax.
    It's a thread discussing the PK show. They just discussed the release of the redacted report yesterday.

Can get back to how bad some people think Jonathan Healy is now.

Relax.
    It's a thread discussing the PK show. They just discussed the release of the redacted report yesterday.

Can get back to how bad some people think Jonathan Healy is now.

I never gave an opinion on JH one way or another.

I never gave an opinion on JH one way or another.

Never said you did.

Never said you did.

You most certainly implied it in your quote.

Bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

You most certainly implied it in your quote.
    I didn’t read it as having a go at you personally, more of a commentary on the amount of anti-Jonathon Healy posts on this thread.

It’s not something I get too excited about - I can take or leave him, but Pat is obviously far better.

monstermag wrote:
    NO COLLUSSION

monstermag wrote:
    Verdict

No one CARES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

It would be helpful if those who don't like Healy withdrew from this thread. Maybe start a thread 'Pat Kenny with Healy'

BarryM wrote: »
    It would be helpful if those who don't like Healy withdrew from this thread.

It would be more helpful if Healy withdrew from presenting the show when Pat is off.

It would be more helpful if Healy withdrew from presenting the show when Pat is off.

Healy is very capable. If Pat was to retire tomorrow, I expect Jonathan would be front runner to replace him. Maybe Shane Coleman would move up from the breakfast show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Healy is very capable. If Pat was to retire tomorrow, I expect Jonathan would be front runner to replace him. Maybe Shane Coleman would move up from the breakfast show.

Healy has neither the personality, quality, high profile or mic presence to attempt fill the void left by PK.

Healy is an also ran.

A nothing. A wannabe. A vacuously smug,self absorbed,ego-centric spoofer.

The sooner the better PK returns.

Advertisement