Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Andrea is on the breakfast show at the moment. Standing in for Shane Coleman. Has been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

My god, I switched over there by mistake. Healy is only getting worse. Interrupting, contradicting, offering his own opinions as if they are truisms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

My god, I switched over there by mistake. Healy is only getting worse. Interrupting, contradicting, offering his own opinions as if they are truisms.

It is so unprofessional the way Healy uses 'interviews' merely to express his own opinion. He just bashes interviewees over the head if they do not agree with his own view.
    He is embarrassingly bad at current affairs broadcasting.

Yeah. I hate it when people do that.
    No evidence. Saying the same thing over and over. Always feeling their view is the only correct.
    And doing it day after day after day.

V annoying isn't it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

No evidence. Saying the same thing over and over. Always feeling their view is the only correct.

V annoying isn't it.

Black kettle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

V annoying isn't it.
    I hope you can recognise the irony amidst your sarcasm :rolleyes:

Lay off it pleeze

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Healy.

Ho hum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ffs! I thought Pat was only away for 2 weeks?

Feck. Still no Pat. Sean it is so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's not in either:pac:

He's not in either:pac:

What! Sweet Jesus. Artic Monkeys it is so!

:D

What! Sweet Jesus. Artic Monkeys it is so!

:D

https://m.soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad/pat-kenny-episode-215

Elephants. A while new side to the man.

Thanks Tmh :)

(aside: I'm so glad you're a Pat fan!)

Jonathan Healy in for Pat again. He said last week he's in for Pat for a few more weeks, and said the same this morning, so Pat won't be back for at least a fortnight :(

(aside: I'm so glad you're a Pat fan!)

Jonathan Healy in for Pat again. He said last week he's in for Pat for a few more weeks, and said the same this morning, so Pat won't be back for at least a fortnight :(

I love Pat. It will have to be old episodes so I can get my fix until he returns :)

I love Pat. It will have to be old episodes so I can get my fix until he returns :)

Like I'd definitely disagree with him on loads of stuff, I'm just here for his exasperstion at us mortals and his great big brain (there should be a drinking game where you have to sip every time he mentions Georgia Tech, we'll all be potted by lunchtime).

Like I'd definitely disagree with him on loads of stuff, I'm just here for his exasperstion at us mortals and his great big brain (there should be a drinking game where you have to sip every time he mentions Georgia Tech, we'll all be potted by lunchtime).

He does have a big brain and I hear he is also quite tall. I have a bit of a crush you see which means I bypass all his views that I don't agree with :p

Pat?
    Really?
    Genuinely never noticed it.

He does have a big brain and I hear he is also quite tall. I have a bit of a crush you see which means I bypass all his views that I don't agree with :p
    I didn't know that either. He does SOUND tall, and yes I know that makes little sense
    Pat?
    Really?
    Genuinely never noticed it.
    Bet you didn't know he lives in Killiney either.

How does the world and its mother know that Pat lives in Killiney? I seem to have known that since I was like 6.

• Advertisement

I didn't know that either. He does SOUND tall, and yes I know that makes little sense

Bet you didn't know he lives in Killiney either.

How does the world and its mother know that Pat lives in Killiney? I seem to have known that since I was like 6.

I don't know where I read that but from his photos he definitely is tall. 6'2 plus easily.

I know what you mean about him sounding tall. You can get a sense of a person from their voice alone. Of course it's not always accurate.

Finally they read out a text calling him out for his sneering sarcasm. He proceeded to the text with his characteristic sneering sarcasm.

The Democrat they brought in to the studio to give them analysis thinks that Trump will not leave the White House if he loses the next election. He'll barricade himself in and his supporters will be marching on the streets. Based on absolutely nothing. Not challenged, not even presented as hypothesis. Very hard to take the station seriously these days when they are so conflicted by their own biases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Obviously think their listeners are stupid enough to believe that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Pats about 6 foot.

Source: Stood beside him at the counter in PC world in Carrickmines. :)

Thats him on the left. As if I needed to point him out.

D0AfKs0WkAEd4XL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Finally they read out a text calling him out for his sneering sarcasm. He proceeded to the text with his characteristic sneering sarcasm.

Newstalk management should listen to the interview yesterday with the aviation expert.

It is why Healy should be let nowhere near hosting a show again. Kept butting in, giving his own "expert" opinion and little sarcastic jibes.

I actually hit the steering wheel and shouted "Will you shut TF up you p&%$k".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat back this Tuesday? I havent listened since he left?

Uncharted wrote: »
    Pats about 6 foot.

Source: Stood beside him at the counter in PC world in Carrickmines. :)

You got to stand beside him!! :pac: I imagine he smelt cedarwood and mahogany and wore a deep red silk cravat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Thats him on the left. As if I needed to point him out.

He even has a punchable face!

Advertisement